[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody redpill me on homemade smoothies? I keep hearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Can somebody redpill me on homemade smoothies? I keep hearing shit about how smoothies are bad for you, but when I try Googling it I can only find articles on commercial smoothies which I already know are loaded with unnecessary sugars, milk, peanut butter and other garbage I don't need.

I make my own at home using fruit and veg from a greengrocers, I like experimenting with random vegetable combos like tomato with banana, blackcurrant and peach, or green pepper with melon, cherry and oranges. The only downside I can think of is that I'm blending up all the fibre, but aside from that it seems like a win-win, unless you're drinking them like, every day.

So what, are all smoothies shitty for you or is it just the commercial ones?
>>
>>37934268
Weigh your food, and calculate the macros of the foods you are putting in the smoothies you dumb fuck
>>
I don't understand why you wouldn't.

Don't buy the commercial ones except for those $8 a bottle, hippie, organic, bullshit brand. less ingredient the better.
>>
>>37934292

I want to know WHY they're supposedly bad for you not how many calories are in them faggot.

>>37934315

idk why anybody would buy commercial ones anyway, they're dramatically overpriced, full of shite, and besides making them yourself is legit fun as fuck.
>>
>>37934268
read >>37934292

but seriously. smoothies are the shit once you weigh your food. I use frozen berries because fucking delicious.

Sometimes, apple + pineapple+whey+little bit of water, and use as milk for homemade muesli.

For low carb - 200g any berry (straw/black/blue/rasp/..) + 100g peanut butter + 50g whey + 1 cup water + 1teaspoon stevia

For high carb - 100g mango + 100g any sweet fruit (apple/watermelon/pineapple/peach...) 50g whey +

Also experiment with fresh mint chopped and into smoothie. Delicious minty fresh.

Also peanut butter not unhealthy.
>>
I don't see any issue with them unless you drink a lot. the good smoothie fruits typically have a bunch of sugar in them which means you should control/limit your intake, though.
>>
>>37934336
who the fuck said they are bad for you. you can make low carb smoothie that has less sugar than bolognese, and that has healthy fats.
>>
>>37934350

Oh I know peanut butter isn't bad for you per say, but I'm a woman and so I need to watch what I'm eating. Secret peanut butter will fuck up my macros for the day.
>>
File: bait.jpg (106 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
106 KB, 685x600
>>37934480
>>
>>37934505

Not bait. I'm a cardiobunny and I like to stay lean. I know smoothies can be counterproductive to that goal but I'm pretty anal about getting all muh nutrients in.
>>
File: bait gotme.png (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait gotme.png
54 KB, 625x626
>>37934560
then count your macros/calories. use an excel sheet or something and count all that shit. do meal prep. saves money, and you'll be able to stay as lean as you want once you get a feeling of how much you can eat per day
>>
>>37934560
>cardiobunny
>"watch what i'm eating"
>fruit smoothies
LIFT WEIGHTS YOU BASIC CUNT
>>
the commercial smoothies are bad for you because they contain unnecessary garbage that is marketed as healthy.

just make your own with veggies, (kale, celery, cucumbers are some of my favorites) add in a fruit or two, and some ice cubes and you're good to go.
>>
Here's everything you need to know on smoothies

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-good-for-you/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-bad-for-you/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/green-smoothies-what-does-the-science-say/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/liquid-calories-do-smoothies-lead-to-weight-gain/
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-downside-of-green-smoothies/
>>
Spinach, avocado, lime juice, plain 2% Greek yogurt. Stevia or orange juice to sweeten if desired, otherwise milk and water. Don't forget the whey. I also like to add a spoonful of Chia in as well.

Chocolate protein powder with a banana is also good. Add pb if on a bulk. Greek yogurt and milk standard. Spinach also hides well in the chocolate smoothies.

This of course assumes you have a real blender, not a shitty ninja our worse. You can also add oats to any smoothie if on a bulk.

I think the real calories come with the addition of fruit juice instead of water. Raw fruit is sugar dense but is also rich in fiber and filling. Fine in moderation.
>>
>>37934560
smoothies are good don't believe meme
>>
>>37934616

I fakkin' do u slag,
>>
>>37934480
I'm female too, I have a smoothie for breakfast/lunch (sip on it through the day) and it's not very sugary, has tons of greens and fiber, healthy fats, protien, and you don't have to worry about it being bad if your ingredients are from good sources. Adjust your portions depending on your TDEE.

- Fresh garden greens, 1-2 cups. Usually a blend of lettuce, spinach, kale, collards, swiss chard

- 1 tbsp of chunky peanutbutter

- 1 cup whole non-sweetened yogurt. I stick with chobani or fage personally. Good macros, not too expensive, not a lot of sugar.

- 1 banana

- half a slice of avocado

- a few berries

- cinnamon dash

- cup of almond or cashew or macadamia milk

- One scoop.
>>
>>37936598

Oh thanks, I'll try this out then.

>chunky
Good taste.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.