[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kinobody called out for IF bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: kinobody-delts.jpg (25 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
kinobody-delts.jpg
25 KB, 320x240
great quote from scoobs on the subject:

Stupid Nutrition + Newbie = GAINZ
Stupid Nutrition + Steroids = GAINZ
>>
>>37933834
kinobodys claims about IF:

reduces acne
reduces shortness of breath
increases mental clarity
prevents colds
increases sex drive
makes you crave healthier foods
allows binging on huge meals
get lean despite binging
increases muscle growth
>>
>>37933834
Nutrition is the last factor in getting muscle

Scooby is a fucking faggot
>>
>>37933834

It's common knowledge that Greg O'Gallegay is on steroids.
>>
>>37933848
I think that was what scoobs was getting at with that quote. you can still gain all kindz of muscle if you use stupid nutrition
>>
>>37933857
is kinobody gay too. why is scoobs picking on him then. you would think grandpa would be sweet talking the hot new kid on the block to get in his pants
>>
There has to be truth to this, doing IF + keto and my receded temples are filling back in
>>
All I know is IF makes it a breeze for me to eat at a large deficit whenever I want to, so it's a great tool.

But I do feel generally better on it as well.
>>
>>37934428

This. Obviously not for everyone but it works for some, so who fucking cares.

Do what works for you.
>>
>>37933897
Fucking kek
>>
>>37933834
He's roided but his physique is achievable natty
>>
>>37933834
Scooby operates on debunked 70s momscience.

Kinobody plagiarizes the SCIENTIFICALLY BALID research of martin berkhan, jim stoppani and others.

Every *actual* fitness expert will tell you nutrient timing is highly understudied, but all the current data points to it as being insignificant. Even eric helms readily proclaims this, and he thinks IF is a bad idea (purely for psychological compliance - which is silly because IF is the best tool for psychological compliance to a caloric restriction that there is)
>>
>>37934802
>you can get delts that big natty
..show me a single pre steroid depiction of a physique that had delts that massive.

I will wait
>>37934819
>BALID
Valid**
>>
>>37934830
Dick panini bro
>>
>>37933842
I don't know about any of that but it sure as hell is a good way to cut
>>
>>37933842
Yeah, you'd have to be retarded to believe that not eating for part of the day does all this shit.

>>37934428
It does however, do this shit, which is all I need it for. Saves me time throughout the day, and I can cook big meals for dinner which is great. Been cutting from 1900-1500 calories for 2 months and IF has made it a lot easier for me.

I'd much rather skip breakfast, eat a light meal for lunch, then a huge dinner rather than 4 light snacks throughout the day.
>>
>>37933848
Do you actually have mental problems?
>>
Summary:

Fasting is good for dyels, people who want to eat junk food, people who aren't very strong and do low volume. This is what primobody promotes.

With no degrees in exercise science or in nutrition, he tells noobs and skeletons to starve themselves and use a bro split on a fullbody setup.

People actually pay him so he can tell them to starve and build no work capacity whatsoever.

He does what works for him, lazy dieting, extremely minimalistic training and lying about steroid use so he can sell fantasies to people and make more money.
>>
>>37934854
Well he doesnt count because he isn't human, silly.
>>
>>37934919
Shiieeeee
>>
>>37934902
There is compelling evidence that fasting increases leptin sensitivity, which could theoretically prevent or reverse thermogenic adaptation.

And the evidence that igf-1 is pretty much peaked in a fasted state is legit af
And the evidence that test is mildly elevated when igf-1 is pretty solid as well
>>
>>37934911
>thinks more training than what kino does is beneficial
>thinks fasting 16 hours (8 waking hours) is "starving yourself"
>thinks he knows jack shit about nutrition while falling for myths that martin berkhan debunked over a decade ago

I honestly cannot tell who is more retarded: you or kinobody.

Maybe kinobody.
But it is a damn close margin
>>
>>37934911
>He does what works for him, lazy dieting, extremely minimalistic training

His programs are made for people who don't want to spend countless hours at the gym yet want some results. You have to be a retard to expect considerable gains with so little effort, but then again, he says his shit is aimed to lazy people like him
>>
>>37934911
>tells you to ohp 1.25x your bodyweight
>promotes low strength lifters
...wut?
>>
>>37934962
>you need to spend hours at the gym to achieve maximal progressive overload
Not how it works at all..

You just need to overload the muscles with more training volume than last session.

Adding reps, sets, OR weight accomplishes this.

He does double progression rpt. So you are adding reps or weight or both. Every single session.

Hence you are always achieving prog. overload
>>
>>37934911
Name a person with a degree in exercise science or nutrition who thinks IF is harmful.

As i mentioned before. Even experts who disagree with IF (eric helms and layne norton come to mind) readily concede nutrient timing doesnt matter outside of psychological compliance.

Making IF a scientifically understood and validated format of nutrient timing was literally martin berkhan's life work
>>
>>37934957
Because a 3 day a week made up bro split is effective? He fasts for over 20 hours everyday and says he can build muscle in a deficit. He doesn't do 16/8 at all. He's like all those other guys who don't eat for 24 hours a day, rely on stims and say they feel amazing.

>>37934962
There's effective free fulbody workouts that will actually produce results with the same time put in. A 4 day upper/lower would even be better than what he promotes.
>>
>>37935008
It is a u/l/u. Not a brosplit. Almost every intermediate lifter should be doing either a u/l/u or a u/l or a pp+l. Yes his routine is for intermediates, not novices.

And he normally recommends fasting 5-8 waking hours.

So assuming you ate like an hour before bed, that is 13-17 hour fast.

I do 20 hour fasts with immense success btw.

Martin berkhan has some data on 24 hour fasts, and they are safe and healthy as fuuark.

Also i should mention that his "aggressive fat loss" routine is the only routine i made gains on a deficit with (significant gains at that, and well after the noob gains phase)

So they may not seem ideal, but the low volume splits can be really fucking beneficial
>>
>>37935054
I have all the routines downloaded, they're shit. I'm sure you made amazing gains doing lunges on leg day. Yeah how much did your incline go up by?

I don't think fasting is that bad, but it's not needed, most people will get an eating disorder from it. If you eat healthy what are you worried about?
>>
>>37935094
I made all the lower body gains i want on 6 months noob gains.

If my legs never grew at all for the rest of my life, i wouldnt care. I might prefer it, because i could squat more (shit is fun, but leg chafe on a pump is not) as it stands now, my squat stands are for calf raises and barbell forearm rollers.

I replaced his leg exercises with hip thrust.
Lower body day for me is all glutes and calves.

Leg mass is retardedly easy to build, compared to upper body.

I am homegym, so no bench.

Just stuck to floor press, standing ohp, pretty much the same lifts i was doing in greyskull
>>
>>37935003
Well for starters, check out what the NIMH has to say, most eating disorders are tied to fasting:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/eating-disorders/index.shtml
>>
>>37935003
then read this paper about the connection between fasting and Anorexia Nervosa:

https://www.mentalhelp.net/blogs/anorexia-nervosa-and-fasting/

Clearly there are a LOT of mental health professionals who think fasting is harmful you ignorant prat
>>
>>37934819
have you even read what scooby has said about intermittent fasting. he says its ok for cutting as long as you arent mental about it but it sucks for gaining muscle

http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermittent-fasting/
>>
>>37935379
>>37935401
>anorexic girls go hours without eating, therefore IF is "stupid nutrition" hurrrrrrr
kys
>>37935440
Still untrue. Eric helms talks about how protein anabolism remains unchanged with nutrient timing, and how there was some evidence in fetal pigs that protein anabolism might be MORE efficient if consumed in a single bolus, rather than multiple boli over the course of the day. But made the reasonable observation fetal pigs may or may not be comparable to strength athletes.

No evidence to show it is worse for muscle gain.

And spoiler: even most kino fanboys don't IF on a bulk

IF literally makes it hard to eat more than a deficit.
Why would i forcefeed myself when i could just eat like a normie and enjoy it?
>>
>>37935401
>implying anorexia is a concern on /fit/
Nah.
Them skellies lurk /fa/
>>
>>37935440
I've been intermittent fasting for 2.5 months and I've put 25 lbs on my bench and 50 on my squats
>>
>>37933842
It's all bullshit, I've been doing IF for 4 months now and it has not reduce my acne (though shockingly, medicine has! wow!) nor has it made me crave healthier foods, increased my mental clarity or AFAIK increased my muscle growth.

I still like IF, but that's just because it's easier to eat fewer calories that way and I don't like eating before the afternoon anyway.
>>
>>37936214

How can you know it hasn't reduced your acne if you've been taking acne medication.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.