[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i started running on a threadmill and completly fucked my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1437342756446.jpg (675 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1437342756446.jpg
675 KB, 1600x1200
So i started running on a threadmill and completly fucked my shit up. I didnt think of anything bad when i had knee pains after the first time so i did another session the next day. On day 3 i had to abort my session and now i have swollen knees and intense leg pain for days already.
I take ibuprofen for the pain, is that enough or do i have to go to a doctor? I think my knees are inflamed.

Also might be a stupid question but can i still do some lighter cardio on a stationary bike or would that be a bad idea? Yesterday i deadlifted and afterwards i almost cried.
>>
>>37933011
Running on a treadmill is stupid. Do hill sprints
>>
>>37933020
you add literally nothing to this besides your own personal opinion.

your shoes are shit op. you wearing some walmart specials or something?
>>
>>37933027
nike airmax man
but i think they are from thailand, so might be fake (my mother brought them)
>>
Don't do any cardio until its fully healed. May want to try some insoles or a different pair of shoes.

I had an inflamed knee to the point of almost not being able to walk after going hiking in new shoes. Turns out the shoe was somehow making my right foot uneven and irritated the knee. Using insoles evened out both shoes but I haven't had that problem ever since switching to better shoes and not needing an insole anymore.
>>
>>37933011
C25k you fucking noob as faggot REEEEEEEEEE

Do NOT push yourself until you aren't sore the next day.
>>
>>37933060
Thanks
Oh yea forgot to mention that i walk like a 90 year old and have to go downstrais sideways
>>
OP might wanna add your height/weight since i do 1 hour cardio everyday, and besides being a little sore which is good, i'm fine. Then again i'm 5'8 155
>>
>>37933011
A couple things

>Shit Form
>Shit Shoes
>Running before crawling

I was like that for awhile, mainly because in my early 20's I Tiger Knee'd the ice when I fell ice skating. Fucked my shit all up. Every time I would try to run, my knee would turn to jelly.

Bough a brace, increased the incline on the treadmill gradually, and set the speed to 4 (or whatever is a "brisk" pace for you).

Even now, years later. I always warm up before a run (generally a 5k) I set the treadmill incline to 7-8, and brisk walk for 5 minutes just to get my knee ready.

Shit sucks man, once a knee gets blown up..it's never the same. But keep at it, and be smart about listening to what you're body is telling you. Body > Ego every time.
>>
>>37933020
>Do hill sprints
You realize that treadmills have an option for that too, right?
>>
>>37933011
You might be getting old. It has nothing to do with age (number of years you been alive). You're joints might be warned out because of genetics, athletic past, job requires you to kneel down a lot. There could be preliminary factors in this. Maybe thyroid issue, your hgh levels are poor, so when you're sleeping you don't hee heal like you used to as a teen...
>>
>>37933011
how fat are you? lose some weight before you run if the answer is >a bit fat
>>
>>37933011
go walk in water
swim if you can
>>
>>37933162
Im at like 14% bf
>>
>>37933086
That was my situation too. Don't forget to ice your knees and wrap them if possible.

I just followed RICE until it got better.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.