[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw someone says "....happened on my back day"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n9nc2dltF71tfkyp2o5_500.jpg (65 KB, 423x594) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9nc2dltF71tfkyp2o5_500.jpg
65 KB, 423x594
>mfw someone says "....happened on my back day" or "gosh, I am so sore from leg day!"

Please don't tell me /fit/ does a split routine
>>
>>37929941
>what is PPL
Look, I've been on SS for almost a year and don't plan on changing it but I can quite understand when people want some more variety or start going after aethetics more than strength. Full body routines are great but body part splits are good too.
>>
>>37929963
They really arent though. Splits are shit compared to compound routines, unless you roid. Then it doesnt matter what you do.
>>
>>37929941
>first week of going back to the gym
>did arm day then leg day
>tomorrow i was going to do chest

so do i need to do something else? id rather change before i form habits.
>>
>>37929963
>On SS for almost a year
Youre not doing SS. Im not sure exactly what youre doing, but SS only lasts a few months. Maybe more for very gifted lifters, but definitely not a full year.

Squat increases 15lbs/week. 52 weeks in a year, but you said almost a year so we'll make it 40. 15*40 is 600. If you started with the bar, you are now doing 645 for three sets of five.

You literally dont even know your own program, but you think you have any clue what makes a good lifting regimen
>>
>>37930032
If you're a beginner, sure, or if you have no idea what you're programming

I do a compund heavy push/pull, I don't see problems with splits when they do things like get adequite rest days, hit legs at least twice a week, and are programmed by people who have been lifting long enough to know what areas they need to work on.

Jesus Christ this board is becoming all memes
>>
>>37930113
pretty sure you can just do the ss training regime but with smaller increases and more deloads after a few months
>>
>>37930294

If by smaller increases you mean zero, then yes. It really doesn't work long for most lifters before either you're not getting enough volume to improve session to session or you're not getting enough recovery to display that improvement each session.
>>
>>37930032

I was on various split routines for about 3 years with almost null-progress. Then, one summer while naively trying to cut with no strength or mass I found this 3x15/3x10/3x5 (weekly then reset) full-body routine (complete with several compound lifts). I can't remember the exact name of it, but it made me gain mass and strength like never before. It was unprecedented. After about 4 weeks, I looked the best and was the strongest I had ever been in my life, even with a calorie deficit. I have since modified this full-body routine, but the results are still coming, even after 3 years of doing it.

I will never do a bro-split again
>>
Can't get to the gym on weekends. Upper/lower/off/upper/lower is my routine to make sure I get everything evenly every week.
>>
>>37929941
Full body works best for beginners and intermediates. Once you've lifted over 3 years, you will not be able to progress on full body, even if you train for stregth you will have to move your heavy squats, diddly and bench to different days, as the more advanced you are the more recovery time you need, natty or not.
>>
>>37930553
You probably started with a shitty split routine and sticked to it for 3 years, m8.
>>
>>37930553
so post the routine of the program.
>>
>>37930591

There's actually a number of top-level strength competitors who still train full body. It takes smarter programming than just 'throw on more weight than last time' but its a very common thing.
>>
>>37930617
Yes, top-level athletes use periodisation, they don't do 5RM squat, 5RM bench and 5RM dl on the same day as SS or TM advises.
>>
>>37929941
>implying it matters what you do as long as you increase weight regularly.
This board literally knows nothing about lifting.
>>
>>37929941
I split yer mums ass cheeks open every other day routinely, cunt
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.