[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting with pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-07-15-00-13-25.png (132 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-15-00-13-25.png
132 KB, 480x854
Hello friends
I've been doing stronglifts for a few months and since weights are getting heavy i got concerned regarding my spine situation

I have operated scheuermann's disease, pic is me after surgery 8 years ago. All the titanium is probably weld to the bone by now

I'm mostly concerned about squats, i'm high bar squatting shy of 200 lbs, deloading now to get better form. Will post form video for check please. I don't know how much of the weight is held by the spine and how much by muscle

I will contact the doctor who did this.
Does anyone have a similar condition or knows about the effects of lifting on the spine itself?

General cyborg discussion

Spoiler alert: spooky skeleton
>>
Don't squat heavy you're 1000% more likely to snap your shit up. You should consider yourself blessed desu
>>
>>37928706
Thanks good info
Also tried to get into front squats but my arms felt very awkward and even hurt, will investigate further
>>
You must be fucking retarded to squat with your spine full of nails and shit
>>
>>37928670

talk to your doctor
>>
>>37928726
Work on your wrist mobility before you try front squatting with a clean grip. If you are doing an cross arm grip then focus on keeping your elbows up so the weight doesn't pull you forwards. Clean grip is the preferred way but some people like X grip. Give both a shot
>>
you have extremely bad Forward Head Posture ;_;

like, beyond-fixing bad....

or is this posture on purpose for the picture?
>>
>>37928766
I do have fhp but as i said that pic is short after the operation, i had been in bed for a week and just had my back sliced open. Also the operation has that effect, it fixes the toracic spine position but the neck and head tend to stay where they used to be. It's a lot better now thanks
>>
>>37928739
I will but i fear he won't know what a squat is
>>37928765
Will do thanks
>>37928706
Is leg press the best alternative to squats for quads
>>
>lifting with a metal spine
>yfw you're gonna make it

good job man
>>
>>37928670
Holy hunchback!
>>
>>37928670
Ask your doctor brah. He knows what a squat is. If not, tell him it's slapping 200lbs on your skeletal system and praying it holds together.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.