[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have acne problems? How do you get rid of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: rx-medications.png (111 KB, 269x262) Image search: [Google]
rx-medications.png
111 KB, 269x262
Does anyone else have acne problems? How do you get rid of it? I use a prescription cream and eat clean, but nothing seems to help.
>>
>>37927980
cut out dairy, my derm told me to try that and it worked. sucks though.
>>
>>37927980
antibiotics until your intestines hate you and move out or low dose accutane. 20mg eod and then taper down. some guys run 10mg a week for years
>>
>>37927998
I cut out dairy and gluten two months ago. Didn't help.
>>
>>37928004
I can't do that because I'm allergic.
>>
>>37927980
isotretinoin
>>
I use salicylic acid at nights wash my face with water twice a day. also Dont' touch your face at all.
>>
accutane is the only real solution. so glad i got it over with
>>
>>37927980
>Does anyone else have acne problems?

no not really. I am somehow blessed with that shit. I occasionally break out and get a few pimples on my forehead or my nose. I just use a daily CVS face wash when I shower (so once a day).

Honestly am waiting for this shit to hit me full force as I squeezed by in my teens like this, but I'm almost 20 now and I nothing yet.
>>
Benzoyl peroxide and or retinol.
>>
>>37928167
Have tried both. Neither worked.
>>
I've had problems with acne my whole life. Solved it very easily. It caused endless suffering and, honestly, it's why I never dated until I was 23. It was fucking bad.

Three things.

#1. Get a tube of benzoyl peroxide based anti-acne cream. MAKE SURE it's a low concentration like 2%. It NEEDS to be low or it's counter-productive. You then wet the area you're applying it to with water first, then a very small amount of the cream. Yes, it's effective. You don't need very much and more is not better. You do this just to speed up clearing up breakouts if you fuck up the next two steps. Do not use it every day, just when you have a breakout, to jump start the healing process. (you'll go from a week for a zit to heal to 2 days. also don't fucking pop them. DON'T.)

#2. Eliminate all nitrites. I can't speak for anyone else, but after 25 years I finally discovered that nitrites and nitrites alone make me break out. It seems so fucking random but it's true. Hotdogs, lunch meat, other processed meats. All fuck me up. Just try eliminating nitrites and see if you stop breaking out. I had never heard about this at all, just something I discovered myself.

#3. Keep your shit clean, like your sheets, shirts, underwear, etc. Clean your sheets and especially your pillowcase weekly, flip your pillow over bi-weekly.

And this is part of #3 but I'm going to emphasize it
>RINSE YOUR FACE WITH WATER EVERY TIME YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM
Just pat dry with a towel or something. Do not use soap. This will keep your skin much cleaner and help tremendously.

Also exercise but that's obvious.

The diet thing is, evidently, because certain things suppress your immune system, leading to acne. Nitrites apparently are one of these things. Watch out for that shit.
>>
aside from that, OP, let me ask you specifically:

where do you get acne at?

where you get it indicates why you get it. for example, acne around the mouth usually means it's your toothpaste. fluoride causes acne so don't brush immediately before bed, do it like an hour before so you don't drool fluoride onto your face.

if it's your forehead, your hair might be irritating it, or you're touching it a lot. in which case, get a different haircut (i slick my hair back now, hitler youth).

so, where's it at? feel good enough to post a pic?
>>
>>37927980
>>37927998
>>37928016
cutting out dairy might help, it helped me. He can try.

Other thing that will help overall is taking zinc.
>>
also: wash your body after you sweat. sweat will snap your skin up and give you all kinds of acne. don't leave sweat just sitting there on your skin.

i had all kinds of body acne. bacne, crackne, you name it. just had to shower after lifting and running, don't even use soap for it. just to rinse the sweat off. only takes a couple minutes.
>>
>>37928613
Everywhere on my face. The place I go to for chemical peels says it's hormonal acne. Also, I'm a fem anon. Taking birth control helped, but the extra estrogen made me gain 10 pounds. It's like I have to pick between my abs and acne.
>>
>>37927980
What did it for me was cutting out ALL processed sugars, and ALL stuff made with vegetable oil. Still get stuff from time to time but might be nitrites like the guy higher up said.
>>
>>37928756
I already don't have that in my diet too. I'm allergic to it.
>>
>>37928679
chemical peels on skin that currently has acne is a terrible idea, it'll only make it worse.

>says it's hormonal acne
do you break out at specific parts of your menstrual cycle?
>>
Accutane. Or Antradin since I'm in the UK.

Works better than anything else desu senpai. I don't get any side effects besides dry lips at a dose of more than 10mg/day, which is what I took to get rid of mine.
>>
File: zinc.jpg (109 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
zinc.jpg
109 KB, 1366x768
>>37928619
>Zinc
>Found out about it last week
>it cleaned up my face in a matter of days
Thank you, based Zinc
>>
>>37928756
the idea behind eliminating sugars and vegetable oils is reducing inflammation, btw. i always get all itchy and shit when i eat sugar or fried foods and that's why.

avoiding things like white bread, pasta, etc, also helps. because those are simple carbs and, just like sugar, cause a spike in insulin that increases inflammation. which means your pores get clogged easier, leading to acne.
>>
use face sunscreen nigga

otherwise your acne scars will get darker
>>
don't listen to the idiots who suggest accutane. That drug will completely fuck your shit up. I seriously regret taking it. Just man up and wait it out
>>
>>37928779
It's worse then, but it's just less bad the rest of the month. I get treatments with high concentration salicylic acid.
>>
Shower after you workout and use towels over your pillow rotate them out every few days.

Also apple cider vinegar worked well for me
>>
>>37928898
well, the first thing you should do is stop getting those. you don't get acne from not getting chemical peels, you get it from some other shit you just don't know about yet.

in fact, let me do you one better: don't put anything on your face at all except for water. not even soap. unless you actually have something on your face, you don't need to wash it with soap anyway.

and yes, i also mean make-up. don't give me that look.

do that and follow the rest of the advice and if you still have acne, i will personally impregnate you so you don't have to worry about being beautiful to attract a mate ever again.

aside from that, do you get acne on your body, too?

and again, post a pic of your face? you can cover up your eyes if it makes you feel any better. like i said, i've had acne my entire life. i can probably tell you just from looking at it what's causing it.

also, how old are you?
>>
>>37928837
Im on it.. no serious side effects just dried chips and nose... maybe youre just a lil bitch.. also OP dont pay much attention to their advice because that only applies to niggas with bad hygiene .. obviously we wash our faces and what not but that wont do shit for hormonal acne... just get on accutane... im almost complete with month 2 and im clearing up better than ever.... JUST DO IT
>>
I was on antibiotics for a while but every time I went off the zits came back. What finally ended up working for me was washing my face with apple cider vinegar - no soap - and cold water.
>>
Sit in the sauna for 30 mins a day and shower immediately after with antibacterial soap. Your acne will clear really fast if it's anything like mine.
>>
I had terrible cystic acne all over my face, back, and chest for about 3 years. Tried everything, eventually accutane did the trick. But I was on all sorts of antibiotics for what seemed like forever. Now I have a ton of scars all over my back and a few on my chest. Shits not fun
>>
Get ur hormons cheked. Last resport is Accutuine. That shit will fix the wrose cases of ance.

also live a clean lifestyle (shower after workout, wash/change workout clothes, change bedsheets)
>>
ZMA
Wait till puberty is over (19~21)
Cut our dairy
Use a MD prescibed cream
Try MD orescribed antibiotics
Accutane if over 21 and previous don't work
>>
>>37927998
What are your sources of protein? Im having hard time eating enough protein
>>
>>37927980
Nutrition is a VERY small part of acne. For the most part it's hormonal balance and bacteria on your skin. Tell your derm to put you on Isotretinoin. Nothing else really helps long term.
>>
>>37930045
>chicken
>beef
>dairy free protein powder

Not hard anon. Try harder.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.