[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you get snapping or cracking sounds in your joint when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Do you get snapping or cracking sounds in your joint when you work out? Is this normal?

I get this, and particularly in my right shoulder. I'm worried i might be fucking up my joints, but i'm also worried i might just be a faggot who uses this as an excuse to not exert myself.
Any words of wisdom?
>>
>>37926629
Go to the doctor anon
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164 KB, 1280x851
Both of my ankles, right shoulder, and sometimes knees crack and pop like crazy. Do I have AIDS or is it just a harmless body trait?

related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8lVjns-hCs
>>
Warm up.
Rotator cuff exercises.
Retract scalpa when benching and use the proper form.
Dont work shoulders to absolute failure.
>>
>>37926629
not listening to your body and overexerting yourself gets you a one-way ticket to snapcity
>>
If it doesnt hurt its probably ok go tonthe doc if you are unsure. Are u skelly? When i was that thing popped on ohp but it went away i think due to the muscles helping
>>
All my shit has popped since i can remember. Asked multiple physios about it, they all said it's fine
>>
File: 1459201490554.jpg (105 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459201490554.jpg
105 KB, 640x640
Yes, ankles, wrist, knees and elbows sometimes pop on me
Granted the elbows always did
>mfw
>>
Just crank up the Nikki Minaj Katy perry Pink and whatever else and don't worry just focus on your cleansing diet and rewarding yourself on Friday for losing 5lbs of water.
>>
If you're rolling your shoulder forward, then yes you'll hear those sounds because it's a pretty unnatural movement.

If you put your arm straight out at your side parallel to the floor and raise and lower it, put it straight in front of you and raise and lower it, and still hear sounds you might have scar tissue build up from improper form or you've just hurt yourself.

Or maybe it's due to muscular imbalance. A lot of people neglect rear delts.

Check with a physical therapist if you can, especially one who specializes in treating athletes.
>>
Thanks guys. A lot of serious replies itt.

So i gather i should not worry about it too much, but be careful, go slow and accept slower gains.
>>
>>37926684
It should be harmless. I have lots of cracking joints and while annoying and sometimes mildly uncomfortable, it has never caused any serious issues.
>>
>>37926880

cancer
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.