[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit, here's the deal >Injured lower back in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: lower-back-pain.jpg (39 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
lower-back-pain.jpg
39 KB, 600x451
Hey /fit, here's the deal
>Injured lower back in the service
>Stopped lifting after injury
>Back got worse
>Doc says surgery is only option
>Spinal fusion
>Don't want limited mobility, and don't want to be medically discharged
>What do
>>
how did you fuck your back ? which exercice ?
>>
>>37924214
>Spinal fusion
Jesus dude. Did your vertebrae explode or what?
>>
Jumped out a window due to extrenuous circumstances. Compression injury and some sort of messed up discs.
>>
>>37924214
Ask around for a good chiropractor... maybe physical therapist. I had a ruptured disk a long time ago and I was blown away when the first guy I talk to was all about cutting me open.
The answer for me was getting in shape. Having adequate core muscles makes all the difference. (for me anyhow) Good luck man.
>>
>>37924393
That's what I heard, I've been trying core exercises, but most just make pain shoot down my leg
>>
>>37924214
Look OP, I have 5 herniated discs along my spine.
It's going to hurt, and you're gonna have shooting pain down to your leg, and you're gonna want to die after the workout, take pain meds, all that shit.

But work out, and don't just work your core, that's stupid physical therapist bullshit.
Get on a real routine, some shit where you have like a Push, Pull and Leg day.

I did it and its almost been a year since I made the choice to stop being in pain everyday and workout, and now I'm pain free.
>>
>>37924393
>chiro
>good
Pick one
>>
>>37926148
Sorta agree. Sometimes you just have to push through despite pain so long as it's not the permanent trip to snapsville type of pain.

I got my back fucked up per courtesy of infantry and stopped squats and deadlifts for years. Bad choice.

If you can get a hex bar for lifting it'll take away a lot of the pain associated with lifting depending on where it is.
>>
>>37926244
I was doing bodyweight and light dumbell shit in the beginning, but I still had a Push, Pull and Leg day.
He should be getting comfortable in his own skin first, then move onto lifting when he's back to normal and not getting pain from every movement.

Pushing through the pain is the only option, I have yet to meet someone who had a positive experience from a spine surgery.
Oh and OP don't fall for the epidural meme.
>>
>>37924214
Visit a physical therapist. After you're healed enough start doing yoga.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.