[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much $ does a home gym cost? Not a budget one, I want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1468182808149.jpg (552 KB, 1834x1440) Image search: [Google]
1468182808149.jpg
552 KB, 1834x1440
How much $ does a home gym cost?

Not a budget one, I want to know the full cost of a fully functional gym.
>>
>>37923848

Do your own research faggot but that's a pretty picture REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I mean, how much shit do you really need?

Barbell+bench+weights

Dumbbells

Maybe a squat rack if you're going tryhard?
>>
>>37924242
power rack fuccboi
Smith machine
leg press
150lb dumbbell
24 45s
37 25s
150 10s
diddyliffy platform
stretching area
floor to ceiling mirrors for miring
three stair masters
eight treadmills
weighted ab aducter
437lbs of assorted kettle bells
resistance bands
thigh master
another treadmill
chalk
squat plug
backup squat plug
rechargeable batteries
1992 color Gameboy
ipod with 2.6 hours of abba
>>
>>37923848
Full cage with pull up bar
Bar
Set of weights
Bench
>>
>>37925405

Well if you have space in your mansion, I'm looking to move
>>
>>37923848
It varies OP, even if I was filthy rich, somethings are worth spending like good barbells but then again pl8s you can find them on the cheap used
Other than that a set of dumbbells, power rack and benches
Cardio fuck you, run outside
If enough space maybe a cable machine
>>
>>37925416
This. I splurged on expensive shit (rubber coated vox plates ect.) and still got away with just over $2000.

All you really need. If you want to upgrade further you can add cable machines I guess.

If you don't have that much money to spare you can cut costs on your plate weights, bench, and a smaller cage.
>>
>>37923848
You need:
>Bench
>Bar
>Power cage
>45lb x 8
>1x for all other weights down to 2.5
>Adjustable dumb bell w/ weights
>Somewhere to do chin ups and pull ups
>Treadmill (optional)
>Black and white poster of Arnold (mandatory)

I'd say absolute lowball for something decent would be 500 if you could score some shit off craigslist. It would also probably be smart to get some flatwood and rubber and build yourself an area 4 deadlifts.
>>
>>37927062

> got away with just over $2000

lol who are you fags who can afford this shit. I built a home gym for a few hundred dollars, and I'm fucking fine.

mostly from craigslist:
squat stand: $50
bar and 300lb of weights: $100
failure bars: $50 from amazon
already owned: bench and iron gym pullup bar

Do yourself a favor and just buy your shit from craigslist. $100 will get you some rusty ass plates, but shit doesn't have to be nice, just heavy.

Also, I could have easily gotten a squat rack or power cage for about the same, but all the ones in that price ranger were welded together metal, and I have no vehicle capable of moving such a thing. All the ones that could be disassembled were too flimsy. A cage would be much better though.
>>
File: HomeGymNew.jpg (2 MB, 4414x2340) Image search: [Google]
HomeGymNew.jpg
2 MB, 4414x2340
About USD 1700, almost all of it new gear but the plates.
>>
>>37927394
Christ, looks like a scene from Saw
>>
Couple of $100k if you want stuff like high quality machines.

Couple of $1000 if you want free weights and some basic racks and benches
>>
>>37927206
Well to start I own my home and don't want rusty ass shit all over my floor. Second I own a pick up and was capable of moving it myself. Thirdly I actually spend time working out and enjoy it so I don't mind splurging on nice things. Just because you wasted your youth and couldn't get a decent paying job doesn't make successful people fags.
>>
File: 1384417362798.gif (2 MB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1384417362798.gif
2 MB, 250x170
bare minimum $1000 buying from CL and used sporting goods stores like Play It Again Sports

power rack
oly barbell
oly EZ curl bar
oly dumbell handles
weights
lifting platform or horse stall mats
adjustable bench
bumper plates if youre doing oly lifts
>>
>>37927452
Hello anon, I want to play a game. For years you've quarter squatted lmao2pl8, pretending to be a lifter. Today you prove yourself. You're going to bench 4pl8 m8, paused, with collars, without a spotter. Live or die. Make your choice.
>>
>>37927452
I was thinking more low budget, like Criminal Minds
>>
>>37923848
I refuse to believe that someone who owns their own house is dumb enough to ask for cost of some arbitrary amount of gym equipment on 4chan.

Therefore you don't own your own house and shouldn't buy a fully functional gym
>>
>bench
>bar
>plates
>pull up bar
There, you have everything you need for about $100 if you are resourceful and get your stuff used off of CL.
>>
>>37927062

Currently setting up my home gym as well, same budget.

What are ATX plates? A special type of plate or a brand? Couldn't find anything online.
I wanted to get mine used, but nobody is offering used 50 mm rubber plates in my area, so I'll have to spend 3 € or more per kg on them. I need rubber or rubber coated b/c I will train in my apartment.
>>
>>37930487
laughed heartly
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.