[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What keeps you going to the gym? Been liftan 4 years now without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 800x800
What keeps you going to the gym? Been liftan 4 years now without any breaks. Someday's I look in the mirror and fail to recognize the person that stares back. 4 years ago I was 27kg overweight. Took a week off and ate cheesecakes and now gym doesn't seem like to attract me anymore. Am I finished?
>>
>>37921591
post pic op we will tell you
>>
i got 4 months at a gym because im going overseas in 4 months and im trying to lose like 90 pounds before i do, and im going every single day for about 4+ hours
>>
i do it because i'm a narcissist and i believe you can always eat cleaner, be thinner and look better
>inb4 patrick bateman
>>
I just like to work out
>>
>>37921591
Working out for 3 years here, used to weight 120 kg and now i'm at 75kg/lean.

I have these moments sometimes, when i say i will take a break to catch up on some books and movies and i start thinking if working out is really worth it, everytime i get back to it, many factors contribute to this, fear of getting fat again, worry about health, working out means i can eat more food and i like eating.

You are not done, go to the gym one more day, you will get hooked again but i recommend you do other things, fill your time, books, movies,games, hikes and stuff to not make gym so boring.

Sorry for my english, not a native speaker.
>>
>>37921591
I currently know this feel.

Lifting 8 years now. 6'1" 250lb strongfat. Lifts are 165, 250, 330, 395 for sets of 5. Haven't tested 1rm for anything in quite a while.

Despite the success, I feel less motivated than ever. I haven't set a goal in over a year. It's almost like I just keep going out of habbit.
>>
>>37922312
Are those numbers OHP, bench, squat, deadlift in that order? 8 years lifting, "strongfat", those numbers?
>>
>>37921591

Eating lots of sugar will melt your motivation away.

Dont stop breh, having nade it does not mean you can stop.
>>
File: Grippings.png (354 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
Grippings.png
354 KB, 500x322
Rest days
>>
Revenge sex.

>not for the revenge, but for the luls to be had
>>
>>37921890
i know this feel too well.

Whenever people bring up lifting/gym, I rarely say anything more than "I just like doing it"

too many normies make all these claims and techniques that are just filled with error; i've stopped trying to correct anyone on something, advice I give is super ambiguous or broad.
>>
>>37921591
Falling off the wagon will happen to pretty much anyone.

The trick is not to be defeatist and get right back on it.

t. Boozehound
>>
>>37921886
he's my fucking role model m8
>>
>>37921591
some are weak, some are strong.

you my friend are weak, at least you know it now.
>>
>>37921836
Lol you're stupid. Read the sticky.
>>
I've been overweight and obese all my life, before I started dealing with it 2 years back. I started out at 145 kilos, and am now down to 94, aiming for a goal in the low 80's, depending on how I look then. Having a set routine for something I did only for myself was something new and exciting at that point, sad as it might sound.
Seeing the small changes and knowing how much I appreciate them, really helps.
In addition I've gained a lot of self-respect, confidence and developed a more positive outlook on life. I'm more efficient, everything hurts less, and it's so much more fun to be active.
While I might miss a day or two, I don't reckon I'll ever stop lifting.
>>
Lifting is no fun since I started juicing and the feds screwed me up. Source went to shit too and now I'm stuck with gear, that will only last me a year.

>once you inject you never go back
>>
>>37921591
I'm holding onto the hope that things will get better. I'm getting mires and feel great when I lift but I still don't have a bf to do cute things with.

Maybe this year will be different.
>>
>>37922312
Go on a cut get an aestheric bod then youll remember why you lift
>>
>>37922312
Because being a strong fat/ lifting for strength is a meme. Lift for aesthetics
>>
>>37922621
Post face
>>
>>37922341
What is your actual question?
>>
I want to just keep getting stronger and sexier.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.