[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>work out for two years regularly >depression comes back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 250x202
>work out for two years regularly
>depression comes back worse than ever
>can't work out for more than two sets without becoming really apathetic and tired
What can I do?
>>
>>37921523
probably grow a huge gut and drink a lot, that guy looks like he's enjoying himself well enough
>>
>>37921523
Get a gun
get some training
join bureau of land management
Xavier Johnsons x 10
>>
File: Did you know.png (157 KB, 643x452) Image search: [Google]
Did you know.png
157 KB, 643x452
I've been there... what worked for me was mindfulness meditation and changing up my workouts to something else, preferably outdoors. I know it's not that simple though... It's something you'll mostly have to figure out on your own. I still experience short episodes (2-3 days) of depression, but they're less frequent. Good luck, anon
>>
>>37921523
>What can I do?

Take caffeine and a tylenol before you lift. It'll help you power through and tylenol affects your mood plus makes you more sensitive to the lifting chemicals your body releases - that should help you stay motivated.
>>
>>37921982
>abusing tylenol
jesus christ

>tylenol makes you more sensitive to the lifting chemicals your body releases
[citation needed]
>>
Hey everyone, OP here, quick update
>feel motivated after posting thread
>start working out hard
>do half my sets and get really tired and sick because I've been drinking since I woke up
>laid down for two hours
>start working out again
>finish the rest of my sets
I'm not my old self, but I think it's a good start. I realized my drinking is really a problem.
I just wanted to let you guys know if you're in the same situation as me, you can still make it. Just push yourself through it and don't think about it. If you can't push through it, take a break, and make yourself finish after
>>
>>37921523
Deal with your depression, even if that will take months. If you can shake that and actually become stronger mentally, your training from that point on will go to another level.
>>
>>37923308
Go see someone man. I used to be the kind of guy people would always ask about fitness stuff but after 2+ years of major depression and drinking every day to not be so miserable I'm in awful shape and barely getting in a healthy mood. If you just play it day by day like you are and keep getting worse you could end up in a really bad spot.
>>
>>37921523
I've got this same problem. Went from pretty shredded to skinny fat over the past few months. Taking summer courses and my grades are slipping. I quit my job. My credit sucks. Wrecked my car. And my mom got alzheimers all within the past 3 months. I really feel like there is nothing to live for.

Sorry for the blog post, needed to dump it somewhere
>>
>>37921523
Use it as an excuse to stop exercising.
Get fat.
Die.

Or, you could try using a prescription of cardio to alleviate the symptoms of depression.

If it doesn't work, add more.

Repeat until depression is not a bother anymore, or you are running 20 hours per day.
>>
>>37925363
Where do you live?
>>
>>37925447
Why stop at 20 hours a day? Why don't you run 25 hours a day, 9 days a week?
>>
>>37921523
Go to total failure. Eccentric, concentric, and static failure on those two sets.

Then go and cry yourself to sleep.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.