[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>quit smoking because constant wheezing and coughing >been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1465516434567.jpg (72 KB, 950x640) Image search: [Google]
1465516434567.jpg
72 KB, 950x640
>quit smoking because constant wheezing and coughing
>been 3 months now
>gained 45 lbs since quitting

Anyone here gained a lot of weight after quitting smoking? If so did you lose it?
>>
>>37920875
>gained weight

How? When I smoked i was lazy and sit around the house all day and since quitting I can't sit still because I have so much energy and its only been a month for me, I've lost 12 lbs since quitting without even trying
>>
>>37920875
Yeah, I gained 11kg in about 2 years after quitting. I lost it all by mostly diet and bouldering (that was before /fit/).
Then I gained it back after I started lifting but that's not fat.

>>37920891
Yeah no, this is all in your mind. You don't have more energy just because you stop smoking for 1 month.
What you will have though is a better recovery (including short term) because better oxygen circulation etc. Basically it's just your mindset that changed and this triggered you to doing more stuff. It's not directly because you stopped smoking
>>
>>37920891
This

When I smoked I was a lazy fuck and when I quit I lost weight so fast I couldn't believe it. When you quit you have way more energy
>>
>>37920963
>implying when you quit smoking 60 cigarettes a day you don't have way more energy
>>
You gained 45 pounds because you started eating like a goddamned wildebeest you liar.
>>
>>37920891
it's very very very common to lose weight when you start smoking and gain weight when you stop. nicotine is an appetite suppressant.
>>
>>37921069
Yeah but when you quit your energy levels go through the roof since your body is finally getting proper oxygen and blood flow. Kinda hard to be active when you're having a smoke every 20 minutes and always coughing and wheezing
>>
>>37921057
No I didn't
>>
>>37921219
Not that guy but yes you did. Quitting just didn't make you magically gain weight you retard. You're body can't store calories it didn't ingest.
>>
>>37922267
Smoking increase metabolism dumbass
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.