[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I've reached a point where my lifts that I cant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1454831849199.jpg (83 KB, 640x388) Image search: [Google]
1454831849199.jpg
83 KB, 640x388
Hey /fit/ I've reached a point where my lifts that I cant proceed any higher. Every time I go to the gym I cant squat more than 190 5x5, I cant OHP more than 85 5x5, I can't deadlift more than 245 1x5, I can't bench more than 120 5x5, and I can't row more than 140 5x5, what should I do to progress further? Also worth noting i'm trying to lower my bf% currently so i'm cutting. Is there something else I should be doing or something that I don't know about? Thanks.
>>
>>37920175
When I got stuck at 85lb OHP. I mixed it up. Different reps etc. in example, I did 5x5 of 80, 3x5 of 85, and 1x5 of 90lb.
>>
>>37920175
deload, make sure nutrition/sleep is on point and try again. u might also be at the point you've maxed out linear progression gainz so you might want to hop onto a block periodization program or something similar.
>>
>>37920235
also eat at a surplus duh
>>
>>37920175

If you're cutting, and have been doing so for a while, then your body is not in optimal shape to grow stronger. In fact, the opposite is true. Your test levels are lower and your body is taking in a deficit of energy. You can't expect to make any serious gains, if any at all.
>>
>>37920210
Interesting i'll give that a try thanks.

>>37920265
so should I just be maintaining the amount I lift until I go back to eating at a surplus?
>>
Also, what's an ideal bodyfat %?
>>
>>37920175
>>37920430
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html

Get down to 10-12% body fat, eat at maintenance for two weeks, then bulk.
>>
>>37920654
Thanks for your help, appreciate the help everyone
>>
>>37920175
At least for bench, try switching to dumbbell. It uses muscles differently and you'll likely overload whatever it is bottlenecking your progress. Worked for me. Be careful to use perfect form on DB bench though or you will rip your rotator cuffs to shreds.
>>
>>37920769
Yeah i've heard that before when I asked about upping my benchpress, scares me more than benchpress to be honest lol, but i'll give it a go and see how I like it, thanks
>>
>>37920235
What the fuck is block periodization
>>
>>37920175
Stop doing SS and switch to an intermediate program.
>>
>>37921366
Any recommendations ?
>>
>>37920175
Go for volume. Hypertrophy is your answer.
50~70% of your 1rm and do 50ish reps.
Bigger muscles ~> Lift more ~> New PR
>>
>>37921452
Wtf. Do not go off ss/sl until you're at 1/2/3/4 at least. Switch to 3x5 with 1x5dl and eat and sleep more. Remember you get stronger by recovering from lifting, not from lifting itself. The others in this thread are trolling you.
>>
>>37920175
kg or pound
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.