[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT thread I have a question to ask and the other thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: FFXV.jpg (7 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
FFXV.jpg
7 KB, 184x274
QTDDTOT thread

I have a question to ask and the other thread has hit bump limit edition

So when I do bench press with a barbell I feel it more then doing it with dumbbells.

I retract my shoulders for both but my arms tire faster doing dumbbell, what am I doing wrong?
>>
File: 1467631203251.jpg (155 KB, 1023x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467631203251.jpg
155 KB, 1023x1280
I think I injured my rotator cuff while benching and doing dips. I have a slight pain in the front of my right shoulder and also in my right trap (weird). How much time approximately until it heals?
>>
>>37919333

Depends how bad the pain is. could be weeks or months. Don't keep doing stuff you'll just make it worse. Ice it daily and do light stretches/rom exercises
>>
I have diet related questions.
Basically, I don't have time to eat breakfast or lunch, so I have a protein shake in the morning and the next meal I eat is dinner.
I currently eat chicken, potatoes, sprinkle cheese on the potatoes for taste and extra protein and have 2 eggs on the side.
After my workout I have another protein shake and snack on sunflower seeds and peanuts
Altogether that adds up to about 1800-2000 calories @~170g protein, ~130g fat and ~80g carbs.
My questions are:
Is that way too much fat to be eating?
Is it bad to basically get all my nutrients from 1 meal?

Currently cutting, down to 100kg from 108kg.
>>
File: 57115cd8db127bf411515891.png (219 KB, 621x523) Image search: [Google]
57115cd8db127bf411515891.png
219 KB, 621x523
>>37919333
I don't know too much about injuries but desu this doesn't sound like a rotator cuff injury. I don't know. When you injure your rotator cuff (been there, injured my supraspinatus, pic related), it hurts more like on the inside of the shoulder, not on the front and even less so on the trap.

I guess a good way to find out what you have would to perform different tests on your affected muscles (e.g. google "how to test supraspinatus").

Anyway, luckily for me it went away on its own after a few months. I could go on training but did not attempt any crazy feats during that time (e.g. 1 RMs) and stopped my exercises whenever it started hurting.
>>
>>37919355
Any recommended stretches?
>>
File: 1463461521011.jpg (96 KB, 703x1040) Image search: [Google]
1463461521011.jpg
96 KB, 703x1040
i'm doing scooby's intermediaite workout.

its PPLX

i feel like my legs are shit, and i'd like to improve them faster than the rest.

should i just do some squat on day one?
wich would mean squat every two days.

would that be okay for the muscle recovering?
>>
>>37919315
I have no idea what you're trying to ask.
Just do the fuckin exercise
>>
>>37919374
>Is that way too much fat to be eating?
Well currently over 50% of your calories come from fat... So it does sound like quite a lot. Personally, I'd up the carbs and aim for a 30% fat ratio.

>Is it bad to basically get all my nutrients from 1 meal?
No. Look at muslims during Ramadan. Anyway, it does sound a bit weird, and it probably gonna be a massive pain in the ass if you wanna start bulking up sometime. What do you mean by "I don't have time to eat breakfast or lunch"? Making some oats in the morning is literally 10 minutes, and if you are cooking dinner anyway, it's not like you cannot make some more and just take it with you the day after wherever it is you go that keeps you so busy.
>>
>>37919423

>just do te fucking exercise with probably bad form

thanks. I'm saying that benching pressing with a barbell makes me feel my pecs being worked more than bench pressing with dumbbells, what am I doing wrong with the dumbbells?
>>
>>37919401
Why don't you do a more leg centric program like Texas Method then?

Anyway, yes. Other programs still have you squatting every sesh, so you should be able to handle it. It might be a good idea to differentiate between strength and volume days to not burn out tho

(so go for 3x5 on one day at however much weight you can handle and 5x5 on the other at 70% 1 RM)
>>
>>37919426
Bulking won't be a problem, I used to be fat, I know how to gain weight.
Diet wise, it seems that any food that's high in protein and calories also seems to be fairly high in fat. Hard to find any food that's higher in carbs and protein.
>>
>>37919436
HahahahahahahHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAH
Fuckin DYEL faggot
>>
File: 1463418505269.jpg (22 KB, 328x500) Image search: [Google]
1463418505269.jpg
22 KB, 328x500
>>37919442
alright, i'll do that then, thank you anon.
>>
>>37919452
>any food that's higher in carbs and protein
dude wtf why does it have to be one food

just fucking split it (e.g. get your carbs from say, pasta, rice, bread, sweet potatoes, etc.)

and your protein from lean protein sources like tuna in brine, chicken, lean cuts of prok/beef, etc.

Anyway, to answer your question, some examples would be
Low fat quark
Skim milk
Legumes
>>
>>37919452

There's nutrigrain if you're in aus but it also has a decent amount of sugar
>>
op here still wanna know

>>37919436
>>
How can I into Meal Prep?
>>
>>37919452
Hi.
>>
Why do I feel stiff legged deadlifts primarily in my lowerback and not at all in my hams? how do i fix this
>>
Hey /fit/ I've reached a point where my lifts that I cant proceed any higher. Every time I go to the gym I cant squat more than 190 5x5, I cant OHP more than 85 5x5, I can't deadlift more than 245 1x5, I can't bench more than 120 5x5, and I can't row more than 140 5x5, what should I do to progress further? Also worth noting i'm trying to lower my bf% currently so i'm cutting. Is there something else I should be doing or something that I don't know about? Thanks.
>>
>>37919394
I think left image is definitely what I have, when you trained did you avoid exercises that use the shoulders ? Also do stretches help to recover ? what are some good stretches?
>>
>>37919400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL3cIDFUafU
>>37919859
go to store, buy plastic containers, buy mixed veggies and pre-cut chicken/beef, add guac or hummus for fats, put in container, eat
>>37920064
on a cut the goal is not to loose strength, your a beast if you make even tiny gains on a cut
>>
>>37920409
Appreciate it. Should I just cut to a low bf% and then bulk during the fall / winter?
>>
>>37920064
Switch to 3x5.
>>
Do you guys comb your hair to left from the right or to the right from the left?
>>
File: images.jpg (23 KB, 404x364) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23 KB, 404x364
I've heard when bench pressing the bar should travel is a straight path up and down but i've recently heard it should actually travel in a diagonal path from above your head to the middle of your chest, haven't tried the latter yet but is it true or should i stick to a vertical bar path
>>
>>37920551

It doesn't quite go that far back, but most people end up using a slightly angled bar path. The 'natural' lockout position for most people is above the shoulders (this isn't surprising, that's what puts everything in a straight line at lockout) and the desired touch position is usually around the middle or bottom part of the chest. You can't manage both of these things without a bit of angle to the movement.
>>
>>37919315
>>37919315
>>37919315
best lats exercises???
>>
How important are rest days? isn't the time in between muscle groups enough for them to recover and grow before I hit them again or am I stymieing my gains?
>>
For how long can I fast before it begins to kill too much gainz?
>>
I hurt my lower back during deadlifts, can I get some advice on healing and if I can keep going to the gym or if I will just end up hurting myself?
>>
>>37919333
I got you famalam. I used to have the same problem. It's tendon pain. The tendon that connects your pec to your bicep is probably damaged from repeated stress.
The only way to fix it is to properly stretch the area and decrease the load on it. I fully broke the tendon in my right shoulder and needed about 6 months of physical therapy before I could do a push-up.
Just be easy on the area. It takes time to heal.
>>
really strange question regarding sardines and allergies

>lift for about a year
>eat 2 tins of sardines almost daily
>love them, great way to sneak in gains
>suddenly start getting an allergic reaction in my mouth from eating them, completely out of the blue
>cheeks and gums start to swell and sting
>throat gets tight

I stopped eating them for a while, but i want to pick them back up because they're such a based source of broteins.

Could it be that I was storing them wrong, i read that fish (even if its tinned) can start producing histamine if it gets a bit too hot for too long.
>>
>>37919315
Is Scooby's Intermediate workout enough to build muscle effectively? Basically the entire idea behind it is:

"... less is more! You are working out far less often but you are working out each muscle with much more intensity and for a longer duration. In the intermediate workout, you were only working out chest for about 5minutes but doing it 3 times a week (15min total/week)"

Is there any merit to this idea, like can it work?
>>
>>37921062
Oh shit wrong quote. I'll paraphrase:

Basicall, you workout your one muscle group once a week but for a longer duration of time. For example, training your chest with A LOTof volume on one day, and then waiting until next week to train it again (while training other body parts as well like this).
>>
File: 00q0q_a1D7xiBxRHM_600x450.jpg (29 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
00q0q_a1D7xiBxRHM_600x450.jpg
29 KB, 337x450
https://mcallen.craigslist.org/hab/5674802633.html

Is this a good deal? It's the only listing with a squat rack, bench, and weights, but there is some rust on it.
>>
I can do 4-5 consecutive pull ups and chin ups with good form (all the way down - all the way up)
should I do 10 assisted pull ups and decrease the assistweight or should I do regular pull ups and hope I can increase reps at some point.
or do you recommend something entirely different?

How long until I should be at 10 regular pull ups if I do them twice a week? Am 197 lbs at 6'4
>>
So i've been gradually adding weight to squat and deadlift, I'm at 255 for squat, and 295 for deadlift doing 3 sets of 5, which I know isn't much. How much weight does one need to start doing/How long does one need to do squat and deadlift to notice any core gains? I'm trying to get that thicker strongman core minus some of the fat and I've heard that Squat and Deadlift do this.
>>
how do i count incomplete proteins
>>
File: 1424165990485.jpg (88 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1424165990485.jpg
88 KB, 620x465
What exercises will help me stand still on my feet and maintain awkward positions for 6+ hours at a time in an operating room?
My back, legs and feet hurt after only a few hours.
I do floor back exercises, DL and lunges and squats, usually 3x10 twice a week. It helps, but there is still moderate pain.
>>
>>37921473
Get better shoes and check your posture
These both cause pain if they're terrible
>>
>>37921158
looks pretty good. does it include the rubber flooring
>>
Socially awkward autist here. Apologies if this is common.

I joined a gym yesterday, had the induction and everything looked nice. I am a notorious over-thinker, however. I don't like doing things without planning them to perfection. I even pre-planned what I would say to the people there. Despite all that, it's obviously something I want to work on. I want to "think less" and do more.

Is it really as simple as:

>Walk in.
>Change.
>Walk up to squat rack
>Add weight.
>Squat. Stand up. Repeat.
>Approach bench. Add weight. Lift.
>Shower/Change.
>Leave.

I think the part that I'm worried about is the "What if somebody is using it and I have to stand around and what if they want to work in and what if I want to work in..." and so on. But I can't keep going on in life like this.
>>
File: Descartes.jpg (95 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
Descartes.jpg
95 KB, 640x420
Vitamins or supplements for better blood flow?
>>
Im 3 weeks into sl. Im getting pain in my knees. Ive been riding my bike up big hills almost everyday. Should i just stop squatting? I feel like in overusing my knees.

I also get pain on top of one my shoulders during barbell row and ohp.
>>
File: Capture.png (67 KB, 317x673) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
67 KB, 317x673
Can i find mewtwo in the gym?
>>
>>37921549
Yup. I feel like haggling for $325, but 300lbs of weights is already $300 on Amazon
>>
File: 1468378589846.png (18 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1468378589846.png
18 KB, 424x426
Someone redpill me on creatine.

When should I use it.
How.
I don't feel like reading the sticky
>>
>>37921668

Only use it on rest days, drinks less water than normal to absorb it faster
>>
>>37919798
It's easier to concentrate on activating your pecs when using a barbell because you aren't trying to balance dumbbells, just work onn keeping a steady straight movement with the dumbbells and over time balancing them will become easier an will move to the back of your mind because your stabilizers will get developed and accustomed to the balancing aspect. Then you can concentrate more on using your pecs for the movement.
>>
>>37921858

Thank you
>>
>>37921668
5g every day until you stop. Drink more water because it causes retention. Your other reply is a troll.
>>
>>37919315
If I go on HRT should I decrease volume and amount of weight used?
>>
is the half lbs of muscle gain a week mostly going to be leg/thigh muscle?
>>
>>37921577
People rarely ask to work in when working with free weights because of the hassle of changing the weight, it will only happen when using cables or machines. And if you are waiting on something just make it clear you want to use it next then go do some accessory to kill time until it opens.
>>
Knee pain in both legs from squats. Wasn't enough to stop me last workout, thought it was just bad form. But it has lingered. On SL, should I bother going to the gym today or RICE it and enjoy a day off?
>>
how strong does one need to be to do a tire flip?
>>
Is chest+back/legs/arms+shoulders good split if done twice a week?
>>
>>37922089
Thanks. I suppose that makes sense. Is it rude to loiter next to the machine or is it cool to drop my bag next to whatever I want to use and just wander off for a drink or something?
>>
Does alcohol lower test levels if you get drunk everyday?

Been drinking everyday for the past 9 months
>>
>>37922364
no you fucktard. okay yes but still no. you might need 2 days of squats or might need 3. and those squats need to spaced away from deads. everything else can be done twice a week though. if youre just starting and dont know wtf youre doing just do ss
>>
File: asdasdasdasdasd.png (91 KB, 173x224) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasdasd.png
91 KB, 173x224
>>37919315
I have very poor shoulder external rotation.
Is it just a flexibility issue or weak muscles as well?
I mean, I'm doing the stretches, but I see bands are a popular recommended drill and those seem to work my posterior delt a bit
>>
>>37922493
what shoulder exercises are you already doing
>>
I am trying to cut weight, but I still want to drink on the weekends, best booze to have so that I don't completely fuck up my diet?
>>
>>37922520
I do a loop around my back with a band, holding in the tightest spot, when I feel masochistic I hold the band on the tips of my fingers, palms facing outward, that destroys my forearms thou
I tether the band to a spot and pull it with the opposite shoulder
as far as stretching, I hold onto something behind me, palm down and lean forward and I sometimes do this https://youtu.be/J9yRiOeVvIM?t=4m39s
wanted to try doing the ytwl, saw it in a alan thrall video, but my band is too tight

Lifting-wise, my pushing movements are bp and press, I'm doing a modified SS, no shoulder related assistance atm
>>
File: asasd.png (76 KB, 151x244) Image search: [Google]
asasd.png
76 KB, 151x244
>>37922520
forgot, I also do this one, brutal as well
>>
>>37921668
>When should I use it.
daily
>How.
pour 5g into a bottle of water and chug
>>
>>37922601
>>37922623
i have no fucking idea but if you have trouble rotation your arm backwards you probably have tight as fuck chest muscles. if youre already doing the OHP youre hitting the rear delt so you might want to add face pulls to hit it extra but its probably more an issue of tight chest muscles. but im mostly making this up.
>>
can I still do cardio on my rest days?
>>
>>37922695
sure
>>
>>37922433
Yeah that would be fine
>>
>>37922706
thank you
>>
>>37922789
Cheers mate. I am excited and nervous in equal measure.
>>
Is whey or whatever protein powder absolutely necessary to gain mass? What if I just eat clean like 3000+ calories a day with good macros?
>>
whats a good substitute for banana's in a calorie shake?
>>
>>37922895
no, protein powder is useful if you can't reach your necessary protein intake with normal food, but it's not even close to being necessary.

>>37922921
literally anything? hard to answer without knowing what is in your shake already... honey is a good direct replacement for the sweetness, otherwise oats, peanut butter, nuts for calories
>>
>>37922484
Not starting just looking for decent split. I would mix intensity and volume so eg. one leg day would be heavy squat light deadlift another day vice versa.
>>
One muscle group a day routines doesn't really work if youre not on gear right?
>>
who is cheekie the asian?
>>
>>37923128
I mean it works, but it is shit for progression in my experience. I did that brosplit in my teens for about 6 months before i quit, and now I'm back to the gym in my 20s and got the same results in 3 months on a lower/upper split.
>>
>>37919315

Hard Gay is best gay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNAM4_pV2GQ
>>
>>37919315
On rest days, do I still need to eat at a surplus cause I'm bulking? Won't that only contribute to fat?

If it does, could I even eat at a deficit on rest days to minimize fat built on my bulk?
>>
>>37923252
Muscle grows during recovery. If you don't feed it while it's trying to heal, it won't grow. So yes you need to eat at a surplus even on rest days.
>>
File: yljxpomnx9ibldawzebk.png (139 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
yljxpomnx9ibldawzebk.png
139 KB, 500x309
>>37919315
quick, I'm leaving for gym. best dumbbell exercise for delts?
>>
>>37923252
yes you do, rest day is the best period to ingest more calories, since you won't train and probably won't spend much all of them will go towards healing and improving your muscles

maybe you don't need to eat as much as you would on a regular day but you do need to eat more than you will spend

you should never eat deficit if you're trying to get bigger
>>
what could i be fucking up in my form if my inner left hip flexor is in pain from squats?
>>
>>37919869
This is the business. Love me some Skyr. Excellent food for a cut as well
>>
Newb here. Currently on SL 5x5. Did GOMAD because I needed cheap calories/protein. However, I gained weight too fast (currently 190 lbs at 5'8" started at 164) so I decided to cut it down. Now I finish a gallon in 3 days. However, I failed miserably at my lifts today (5/5/4/0/0 on squats and 4/4/4/0/0 on OHP). Should I get back on GOMAD? Am I getting too fat? I never imagined I'd hit 190 but I got there so fast.
>>
>>37923581
>he fell for the GOMAD meme
>>
File: 1464637811906.png (277 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464637811906.png
277 KB, 500x500
Recently started lifting, and I was wondering if there's anyone else here that physically can't keep their heels on the ground when squatting.
I've had people try to show me what they do, tried searching it up online but nothing helps. Once I get a ~30 degree bend in my legs my heels have to come up.
Was anyone else like this and found a solution, or am I just fucked?
>>
>>37923622
le epic trold XD XD

Fuck you and your shitty genetics that don't let you digest milk. Jealous shitskin faggot.

Literally the only thread I ever post questions on and get consistent good responses back and this one faggot shows up. Go fucking kill yourself faggot.
>>
do i take aspartic acid with food or not?
>>
What's the best HIIT? I've been using a stationary bike; 30 second work 90 second rest.
>>
File: image.png (816 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
816 KB, 640x1136
How do I get rid of armpit fat?
>>
>>37923722
Buy bras that fit
>>
what body wash/soap does /fit/ use after a long day at the gym
>>
>>37923765
You think it's just the bra?
>>
>>37923856
Take it off and we might be able to tell.
>>
>>37923881
this

but in all seriousness there is no such thing as reducing fat in one spot
>>
>>37923664
>triggered fatty

wew lad
>>
>>37923722
lose fat, piggie.
no spot reduction
>>
I went to the gym for the first time (in a long time) today. I underestimated the weight I could do when figuring out my 10 rep max for a bunch of shit, should I go again in two days to do it again with more weight to get a more accurate 10 rep max calculation or fuck it just work out so I can start

>making it
>>
File: 1397308477605.jpg (146 KB, 945x945) Image search: [Google]
1397308477605.jpg
146 KB, 945x945
What's /fit/'s opinion on CureZone?

Is it just a shill site for iodine supplementation?
>>
>>37923935
Why 10 rep max?
>>
>>37923949
because i chose to start with allpro's

i think this is the part where i get flamed
>>
>>37922433
Sounds perfectly normal to me. You will become more comfortable as soon as you start. It's perhaps also a good mental exercise to do those things so the barrier of doing new things don't get too big before next time. Soon it will be your home ;)
>>
>>37923956
If you think you're going to get flamed by people here, shouldn't that be an indication of an inefficient program?
>>
>>37923881
this

but also, the bra is way to small
>>
>>37923982
well i get a half and half response desu when i mention it. Some people say it's "meh", but a good deal say it's good anecdotally (and from a glance). So I mean I like it and it's probably best I just stick with something, yeh? The people that have flamed super hard have generally just been memelords though I'm sure some legitimately think it's bad.

Basically I'm like reasonably sure it's not actually bad and is, at worst, just ok to start with
>>
>>37923856
I'm like 75% sure it's the bra. I mean there's fat there too, but a better fitting bra won't have fat peek over like that unless you're really fat afaik.

I'm only basing this off what two ex girlfriends have said so take that with a grain of salt
>>
>>37924123
>>37924006
>>37923931
>>37923898
Thanks everyone
>>
Is it true that your body can only take in a certain amount of protein from each meal?
>>
>>37924373
no
>>
>>37923664
>does fucking gomad
>complains that he got fat
>gets mad that he got told
kys my man, gomad is a meme
>>
So, i'm going on vacation next week.

How will i stay fit in these two weeks? I won't have access to a gym or to dumbbells.

How do you guys handle it when you go on vacation? Will i ever make it?
>>
>>37924488
you're fine, just make sure to eat at least maintenance and dont go overboard on fats/carbs so you don't pack too much belly.
If you do it right it will probably be good for you since your body will have the opportunity to fully heal and when you come back your mind will also be completely rested and ready to make it

Enjoy your vacation, anon
>>
>>37919315
>tfw meet qt blonde girl
>tfw hit it off at her place
>tfw play zombies and eat pizza and drink beer
>tfw cuddle with her
>tfw it's been a week since then
>tfw you text daily but she works two jobs and goes to school
>tfw she opens your snaphat but doesn't text you back
>tfw it's been a whole day
>tfw she was Interested in you when you hung out
>tfw she complements your arms and touches them
>tfw at the end of the night she asked if you were going to take her on a date
>tfw she no text you yesterday :(
Well time to play the waiting game and wait for her to text you

I m-mean she works two jobs and goes to school... S-she's probably busy right bros??

So I should just wait for her to text me or should I ask her to hang out and see if she responds? And if not I'll drop her
>>
I'm doing baby's first cut, but I work a lot and I'm pretty depressed so eating doesn't come around as often as it should. I'm getting maybe 1300 on my good days but 600 or so on my bad. I'm 6'5, 200 pounds, is eating that little for about 2 more months bad? I haven't seen terrible reduction in muscle and ive lost 13 pounds, mostly water though
>>
>>37924513
Oh ok. Thank you anon.
>>
>>37924535
Have you directly asked her out?
If so just wait, if she likes you she will make time to meet you
>>
>>37924635
I mean I've asked to hang out and she said she had a lot of school
Work to do.. She goes to work at 8am then gets off 4pm and goes straight to her other job till midnight or some shit so she's always busy.. But next time she texts me I'm going to straight up be like hey lets hang out
>>
>>37924591
you will lose muscle but lose weight quickly
>>
>>37924513
increasing your protein intake is the normal thing to do when on a deficit, just get it around 100 and your muscle loss will at least not happen as quickly.
>>
>>37923956
fuck i havent heard flamed in years
>>
fit senpai should i do burpess on my off days when I've done heavy upper body work the day before? Normally I do cardio
>>
>>37924535
should have dicked her when you had the chance, she got bored of you, changed her mind as women often do, or found a chad dick
if she wanted to hang out with you she'd make time
It's over, there is a 1 in 100000 chance you can still bang her and that is if you cut off all comms so that maybe she'll run back to you
you're giving her attention for ignoring you, cut the shit
>>
I'm really weak. I've been doing greyskull while lean bulking and focusing on strength with some aesthetics work. Progress has been ok, I did stall few times but mainly due to illness or having to take a small break but I would get back to that weight in week but I'm still week and worried how many years will it take me to get to some normal numbers.
My overall goal isn't strength, I do want some strength but aesthetics are #1 but I do feel like the point where I'm at now is shit and at this rate it will take me 2 years to get to numbers I find reasonable (100kg bench, 140squat, 180 deadlift, 60ohp)

Here are my numbers:

I feel like if I ate more I'd never stall and make faster progress but as skinnyfat I can't afford to put too much fat on and I can't cut due to little muscle mass. Been lifting for 6 months now, probably wasted 1 month with illness, vacations etc.
Bench 60 kg
Squat 70 kg
Deadlift 90 kg
bent over bb Row 62.5 kg
OHP 32.5 kg
>>
So I'm on a linear program and just tried to do 3 sets of 5 squats. I got 5 reps the first set, but only 4 and 3 reps on the 2nd and 3rd set. Do I still increase the weight on my next workout?
>>
>>37925228
It's true that your numbers are awful considering the amount of time training. But remember that fitness isn't a race. As long as you're progressing you're good.
>>
>>37925228
as someone that's just starting out (5'9"/175 cm, 138~ lbs/62.5~ kg), how do you like GSLP? I'm still locking in a program and am heavily considering greyskulls

anyone input from anyone is welcome
>>
I'm thinking about buying yohimbine, but I can't find it in my shithole country. I only found yohimbine on Hydroxycut Hardcore, but its really expensive compared to yohimbine alone. Is it worth it?
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47 KB, 547x465
>>37925327
I mean I doubled some lifts since I started, OHP is my weakest point I got it to 35 last week but couldn't do full set of 5 this, I started with like 25 or so and can't progress nicely at all. Bench is fine, had issues with proper form but now its great, deadlift is my "strongest" lift and progressing without issues. Squat I suck at and constantly checking my form and everything but I suck at it, upper body keeps kinda bending whne going up and lagging after my hips and sometimes I can't do it with good enough form so I deloaded few times.

>>37925349
I'm doing phraks version I linked and I added bunch of accessory work, basically every workout I'll also do triceps, biceps, traps, calfs, shoulders and abs, not with my 100% energy or most weight possible but for aesthetic reasons. I do shit like close grip bench, pusshups, calf raises, shrugs, curls etc.
I really like it, I did ICF before and it turns out this is pretty much like it but doesn't feel as retarded because ICF was made by autistic potato, main lifts work great, everything's fine. I also prefer it to SS and SL because it makes you less of T rex and takes less time than 5x5.
>>
>>37923977
Cheers. I'm going to bed now. Early start. This time tomorrow I expect to be shredded and have had sex six times.
>>
>>37925428
>I'm doing phraks version I linked and I added bunch of accessory work, basically every workout I'll also do triceps, biceps, traps, calfs, shoulders and abs, not with my 100% energy or most weight possible but for aesthetic reasons. I do shit like close grip bench, pusshups, calf raises, shrugs, curls etc.

No wonder your lifts are shit with that much extra volume. There's a reason why novice programs are usually low volume.
>>
>>37919507
Weetbix are a better source of carbs, add some yogurt and a protein shake and you're good to go
>>
>>37925428
I'm was planning on starting SS on Monday, what do you mean by its makes you a T rex?
>>
>>37920883
Lat pulldowns until you're strong enough for pull ups
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
>>37925563
Rippetoe even advices you to add accessory workouts to SS. If you're worried about not doing any direct arm work. Do GSLP instead.
>>
>>37925531
That's what I thought too but I'm afraid to give up extra work because I fear I'll look like shit at the end of it. I'll still need to workout long ass time but at least now I have some chance to look decent when workout out all the lagging/less worked out muscles. If I could progress much faster I'd do it but at this rate I'll still need 2-3 years to get decent strength, and regardless I still add 2.5kg on lifts every week if not workout. Except for OHP lol.
>>
>>37925428
>>37925636
You need to do MUCH less volume.
I understand you want to do everything you can in order to maximize the time, but you're actually hurting your progress.
You're a beginner, skinnyfat, you just cannot do that much volume.
Aesthetics are not something you build from the ground up, unless you're one of those gifted genetically that after 6 months have perfect definition, chest, abs and biceps.
Aesthetics is something you arrive to after having built strength.
The program isn't really THAT important for a beginner, if you eat right and have consistency you'll get results, I'd stick with a 3x5, or 2x5 & 1x5+ (that's useful on deloads especially) and these lifts
>squat
>bp
>chinups/rows

>squat
>ohp
>deadlift

start with this and see how it goes, add one or 2 accessories max if you see you're progressing well.
Dont eat under maintenance, eat at a +300 surplus
>>
>>37925563
People don't actually follow the program and never add accessories and end up with very developed legs and underdeveloped arms.

If you actually follow the program you won't have that problem. Do it as is for 2 or 3 weeks and really focus on your form, then add chin-ups/pull-ups. Once you've added power cleans, feel free to add some accessory work for looks, like barbell curls.
>>
>>37925651
cant stress this enough, EAT.
if you starve yourself being afraid to put on weight your body will get his energy anyway and eat its muscles, leaving fat as a last resort resource.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-13-20-28-07.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-13-20-28-07.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>37925563
Pic related
>>
>>37925351
bump
>>
>>37925687
nothing wrong with that except those faggot shorts
I personally dont squat heavy on deadlift day, so once in every 2
>>
>>37925687
How the fuck is that trex
>>
I have been doing SS for a while now, almost 2 weeks, now my bench press and squat are stalling at both 45 kilos but my deadlift is going up like crazy and i can do 70 kilos now.

I have been careful with my form (used the mirrors and asked around) so should i be worried ? and what can i do to "fix" it ?
>>
is a 30% 55% 15% macro ratio good for clean bulking?
>>
>>37925651
That is how I started and I'm lean bulking with 200-300 surplus, I got almost to skelly mode but was still kinda skinny fat(moreso skinny) but decided it's better to bulk than to die of anorexia.

I did start with main lifts, added calf work because they're hard to get bigger so it doesnt' hurt. Then I added some triceps and biceps work. They only get hit with bench and chins and I think that's not enough volume. Then I added shrugs just recently because nothing hits traps from main lifts afaik. Facepulls/sidelats for extra shoulder work, same idea as with bis and tris since only OHP hits it once or twice a week.
And that's about it. It does seem like a lot of work but I don't put full energy, I still progress unless I take break from gym and I'm kinda happy with gains in the mirror, gonna cut after summer because I'm nearing my limit of how much bf % I want.
>>
Does this GSLP based program look alright?
The reverse grip bench is because of a torn labrum in my left shoulder. I may end up changing the rep range so I can stay at a lighter weight, or toss it all together and replace it with landmine pressing for now, until I can get some more help. I doubt I could OHP three times a week for more than a week or two in a row without running into issues.

A
2x5 1x5+ Reverse grip bench press/OHP
2x5 1x5+ Back squat
2x5 1x5+ Close grip landmine row
2x12 Barbell hip thrusts
3x10 Hammer curl

B
1x5 Deadlift
2x12 Barbell hip thrusts
3x10 Dips (Possibly lying triceps extension if I just benched)
3x10 Rear lateral raises

C
2x5 1x5+ Back squat
2x5 1x5+ Close grip landmine row
3x10 Hammer Curl

>Pretty much the /fit/'s GSLP, but made with my condition, equipment and preferences in mind.

Current numbers are
225 squat 3x5
305 deadlift 1x5
105 OHP 3x5
135 RGBP 3x5 (Barbell rows aren't comfortable, and don't have access to a T-bar setup.)
115 CGLR 3x10 ( Felt like higher reps would be better because of the injury)
I'm almost two months into lifting again after a year+ long break, and I've been running just a basic 3x5 with rows and accessories.
>>
New to /fit/

What is a dyel? I understand what the acronym is but what are the stereotypes of a dyel?
>>
>>37920551
If you're training HEAVY (e.g 5 reps or less) you use lateral movement (slightly angling the bar towards your eyes) to gain a small amount of momentum in your stick point on the bench. If you're using this trick training 8 or higher reps it's a waste.
It's hard to get a hang of the groove, considering the lateral movement should never pass completely over your eyes.
>>
>>37925809
Someone who, when you casually observe them (especially wearing clothing), you can't tell they lift.

Qualities include obsessing over "mah abs," being <150lbs, having lifted for greater than 3 months but less than a year, and wearing tank tops to showcase noob gains
>>
Can squats make you shorter? I'm guessing no but I measured myself today and I am 3cm shorter than last year which is fucking weird.
>>
if I over eat today like 2x as much as I should, could I just fast and not eat tomorrow or would that give negative stuff?
>>
>>37926317
You'll probably shit a lot of it
>>
Does home-gym suck? I've been working out casually but enjoying it, tried going to a gym to scope it out but they were really pushy and annoying, wasted like a half hour giving me the shady car dealer treatment. Just put me off the whole idea, plus spending extra $ sucks
>>
>>37926497
Home gym's dont suck, its just that a lot of people will lose motivation at home. When youre at the gym, youre there for a purpose and you do it – with a homegym, if you feel tired mid-workout youre likely to quit early or skip days
>>
Whats healthier white rice or brown rice?

Or does quinoa blow them both out of the water
>>
I think I fucked something up with my left shoulder. Whenever I rotate my left shoulder it makes a crack sound and feels like my shoulder is grinding on something whileas my right shoulder doesn't have this problem
>>
>>37926667
makes sense, thanks
I'll stick with the home for now, if I'm still not getting results I'll try the gym
>>37926905
see a doctor
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 306x306
>>37926905
I have the same problem but only with my right shoulder
Someone answer this pls
>>
i can't do more than 30 push ups. What do?
>>
I've got a vicious sweet tooth and have been sating it with artificial sweeteners such as sucralose and aspartame. Is this fucking over my weight loss? Should I just bite the bullet and drink my coffee black and my water with ice?
>>
I dropped a dumbbell on my head while doing bicep curls, and now I have a headache. Could it be serious?
>>
>>37927124
h-how'd you manage that?
>>
>>37927133
it might not be the first time he's dropped a weight on his head
>>
>>37927124
You can already be dead. Rest in pepperonis anon.
>>
File: Anon.png (7 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
7 KB, 750x750
>>37927133
The only way I can think of
>>
I'm finally starting to get to my goal weight, what are some good ab workouts to add to SL 5x5 to make abs a little more noticeable?
>>
>>37927124
Yes you have a serious case of retardation
>>
>>37927177
That's pretty accurate picture of how I imagined that guy.
>>
>>37919870
Came here for this, started doing Romanian deadlifts four days ago, felt it more in my lower back and have been having slight pain. Will it go away soon?
>>
How often should I fap ?
>>
>>37927272
Once a week. Imo
>>
Has had any experiences taking less than 1 gr/lb per day of protein? I know this is what conventional wisdom suggests, but it seems that there's some research suggesting it may not be necessary after all.
>>
>>37927272
However much you'd like.
No negatives come with jerking it 2-3+ times a day or whatever, save for less cum, sex drive(mental), and potential arm imbalances.
Too many times in a row can cause skin discomfort and possibly bloody semen tho.
>>
>>37927412
So nofap is just a meme?
>>
File: 1357779825535.jpg (6 KB, 251x208) Image search: [Google]
1357779825535.jpg
6 KB, 251x208
>>37919315
Would any of you guys consider lipo to get rid of pesky fat?

Assuming money isn't an issue, would you do it?
>>
>>37926283
pls answer
>>
>>37927605
We all shrink as we get older.
>>
>>37926283
Maybe you measured wrong
>>
>>37923625
tighten core and hold weight up with your arms a TINY bit.

more importantly though, stretch the fuck out of your calves and ankles
>>
File: GSLP1.png (40 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
GSLP1.png
40 KB, 700x600
Is GSLP a good routine for a beginner?
I have never lifted and I was considering doing pic related
>>
>>37922601
>>37922623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
Check out that vid, I'm rehabilitating my shoulder, tore something up but the PT only said I had tendonitis in my bicep tendon

Can anyone help me select some exercise bands? Looking for the 41" ones like the guy used in that video. This is the best I've found so far in terms of price but not sure about quality: https://www.amazon.com/Set-Functional-Fitness-Pull-Bands/dp/B00CS4GP3C/ref=lp_14363978011_1_5?srs=14363978011&ie=UTF8&qid=1468548194&sr=8-5
>>
File: GSLP2.png (71 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
GSLP2.png
71 KB, 547x465
>>37927653
or should I do this one?
>>
>>37923625
Ankle mobility, focus on keeping them down when you squat. Usually after a few weeks your flexibility will get better too.
>>
>>37923722
The bra does look really small desu. My gf used to think she was a 32 C but then actually got sized and she was a 32 DDD
>>
>>37924045
I think it's a good program for strength but also focuses some on bodybuilding. GSLP also works really well for a bodybuilding base too. Anecdotal experience though as I've only done GSLP and SS.
>>
>>37927658
Do the normal GSLP routine, Phrak's looks like the better of the two though.
>>
>>37921058
Try to buy sardines from a better source. Try an 'organic' brand or visit a fresh fish market. It's probably some combo of a chemical used in the packaging or the preservatives.
>>
>>37927705
So I do Phrak's ?
>>
>>37927705
Not >>37927658 this guy but should/when do I add accessory work like curls and other shit

>>37927684
Did you add any accessory work at any point to GSLP?
>>
>>37921577
"Could I work in a set?"
"Can I use this when you're done?"

Most people are pretty nice about it.

If a machine or weight is being used and I don't feel like talking I might do another set of something else on another machine, get some water, stretch, shitpost on /fit/
>>
>>37921946
Depends on what kind of physique you want. If you want to lean up, do lighter weights at higher reps.
>>
>>37922437
It's killing you gut flora, cutting into your gains and body's ability to absorb macro-nutrients. Stop.
>>
>>37922551
Liquor is better, straight vodka or gin is my pref.
>>
Is AllPro routine good for beginner aesthetics?
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
>>
>>37927402

>pls respond
>>
>>37923625
Do some yoga, downward dog
>>
>>37927830

I did it. It's good, though gains will come at a slower pace than in a more aggressive routine with linear progression
>>
>>37924535
Yeah just let it cool off for a few days. Play a little game. Have her contact you this time. Have her seek you out. :)
>>
>>37927847
what kind of progress did you see?
>>
>>37927726
you could do it after a few weeks, or never. I view accessory work as shoring up any potential weaknesses you have. It varies from person to person. Focus on muscle groups you feel you are weak in. It helps to have a gym buddy to give you advice, or to film your lifts and see where your form is bad etc.
>>
>>37927889
thanks nig
>>
File: 20160625_124202.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160625_124202.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Is it best to do cardio before or after a lifting session? Does it matter?
>>
>>37927114
Do some research on that. It's not good for your intestinal health. You are killing some of your gains this way. Try instead adding a bit of honey to your coffee, watch how much processed sugars you eat and drink, and

>bit the bullet
>water with ice

wat

yes. or stick a slice of lemon or cucumber in your glass. please don't tell me you put straight up sugar in your water.
>>
>>37925762
bumping for this guy, because he's me.
>>
>>37927918
After lifting for fat loss, before lifting if you're using it in part to warm up
>>
>>37927918

It doesn't matter. Try both and do whichever you prefer.
>>
>>37927882

I saw steady, constant progress for almost 2 years (most people stall before that).

I started to notice the first changes after 3-4 months but they come slowly, even if steadily.

Don't regret doing it.
>>
Was stalling super hard on all/most of my sets.

So I decided to deload, work on form, and build back up. I'm back to where I was, more or so, except for bench.

I lost progress, if anything, with bench and I'm stalling on it.

Is this just because of my cut? Or is there anything I should try or do to regain or just gain any progress.
>>
Does anyone spend time in the sauna or an ice bath after a workout? Pros and cons of both?
>>
File: IMG_20160331_164312.jpg (38 KB, 562x511) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160331_164312.jpg
38 KB, 562x511
>meet girl at work
>mutually mire, work side by side
>similar personalities, similar interests
>ask her out, she says yes
>holding hands by second date, kiss after a week. Taking things slowly.
>help her through dispute with her parents.
>>>wake up.

Why does my lower back hurt when I squat? I've been lifting regularly for a month, getting back into it after taking a year off. This is the first time I've encountered back pain while squatting. I squat every other day, always resting a day in between and adding five pounds each time I lift.
>>
File: 23.gif (466 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
23.gif
466 KB, 250x200
Currently 6ft at 190 lbs. What would be a good weight to cut at if I am going for ottermode or 10-15% BF.
>>
>>37928590
>fix your form
>get a lifting belt
>do some lower back exercises to condition it

idk mb you're trying to lift more than your body can take
>>
>>37928596
depends, whats your bf right now? maybe you should be cutting already
>>
>>37928612
Id say anywhere between 20-30%. Most of my weight looks to be in my legs, body and face. Arms a tad lanky to what my weight is.
>>
File: bump.jpg (9 KB, 253x200) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
9 KB, 253x200
>>37927565
>Would any of you guys consider lipo to get rid of pesky fat?
>Assuming money isn't an issue, would you do it?
>>
I can't squat (or anything that involve the knees) what else can I do? what kind of program is suitable dor someone like me?
>>
>>37928823
Have you talked to your doctor? What exactly is keeping you from squatting/knees stuff?
>>
>>37928834
I have seen many doctors and they can't find why they hurt so much, so until I can afford better docs in other cities, there's nothing I can do about it
>>
>>37928862
can you do a squat with just bodyweight?
>>
>>37928902
No I can't
>>
Going for gyno surgery in two weeks, has anyone else done it and what should I expect?
>>
>>37928938
how about a box squat
>>
>>37928950
not even a box squat
>>
>>37928938
So you have no flexibility in your knees at all? How do you sit in a chair if you can't do a bodyweight squat?
>>
>>37929127
>>37929004
yeah can you like describe the nature of your knee/joint/whatever issues
>>
Doing SL 5x5, adding negative chins (on bench/DL day) and negative dips (on OHP/row day). How many sets/reps should I do?

Also, when can I start adding accessories after my main lifts?
>>
Anyone try sarms? Curious bout them.
>>
File: 1465037370219.jpg (78 KB, 1500x1026) Image search: [Google]
1465037370219.jpg
78 KB, 1500x1026
Can I do cardio everyday? My right shoulder and arm are injured so can't do weights
>>
Doc says no barbell squats. What can replace it and not rape my knees
>>
>>37929127
>>37929136
well yes, I can sit in a chair and even do a full squat, but only if I do it quickly and maybe two or three in a row
>>
My arms are significantly different in length. This makes deadlifting nearly impossible. What can I replace that with?
>>
>>37929281
Have any doctors said anything in particular about not doing any knee-intensive exercise?

Cause I mean if you can do a full squat and "maybe two or three", even quickly, then you can maybe build up to doing them progressively more slowly each time.

I mean I can't tell you with complete certainty that your issues are something that can and should be worked through; maybe you have something legitimately seriously wrong that could require drastic medical attention. I also don't know the nature of your issues/pain/whatever

But I believe that if you can do two/three quick-ish squats, you can build up (eventually) to one slow and controlled one with body weight.
>>
>>37929281
So if you can do 3 quick in a row, obviously your muscles, ligaments, and tendons are working properly. Multiple DR.s can't find a problem....

Perhaps you just have weak quads, or hammies.
>>
How do I do a proper plank? I always feel like I'm doing it wrong
>>
What do you think about this split?
Mon - delts
Tue - legs
Wed - chest
Thu - bic & tric
Fri - legs
Sat - chest & back
>>
>>37929530
Why do you hit chest twice? But shoulders and BACK only once? Why do you need a special day just for arms? Rows for Bis, and bench press for Tris. If you aren't seeing the arm gains you'd like add some isolation work at the end of their respective days. Ex. skullcrushers after benching

If you want a 6day workout, why don't you look into a Push/Pull/Legs model.
>>
>>37920480
Go against how it naturally grows for optimal volume senpai
>>
>>37929697
You are right ill look into some PPL routine, thanks brah.
>>
File: 1468380264953.webm (3 MB, 720x1300) Image search: [Google]
1468380264953.webm
3 MB, 720x1300
What are the best jeans to work out in?
>>
>>37919869
Siggi's you degenerate fuck.
>>
>>37925771
You're wasting your time
>>
I started doing intermittent fasting which ive had success with in the pass. However my friend in her desire to lose some weight has jumped on board to without any research on IF for women. I like her motivation, but im worried this may have some health consequences for her as shes in her early 30's and quite overweight.

Should she do an easier version of IF at first? ie 12/12 or 14/10?
Or should she just go on a traditional diet plan?

Also, How can I fit my weekends out with heavy drinking and coke with IF? Should I just make the weekend an "off day"?
>>
I just lifted weights for the first time the other day, full body

Yesterday i did cardio because i was still sore but today is another full body

Is there a point exactly? My performance will be worse as a result
>>
How do i make sure I'm doing the exercise right?

All I'm doing is dumbell stuff, lateral pull down stuff and rope stuff

There isn't a chance of me hurting myself is there?
>>
>>37930162

Soreness doesn't have much relation to recovery. You might be sore but that by itself doesn't mean you haven't recovered enough to train again.
>>
>>37930179
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind
>>
Current Cutting with an ECA stack. The 'E' being Primatene, which is an asthma medication. I've had asthma problems in the past but nothing recently. For the last two days I've had coughing fits before I go to bed, which would be 8-9 hours after my last ECA dose.

Has anyone else taken ECA and had similar reactions?
Would taking just E before bed give me any sleep problems?
>>
>>37927975
>>37925762
Are you eating and sleeping enough?
Rest longer, 4-6 minutes if needed.
>>
>>37928737
No. You'll look like a freak if you actually lose the fat by eating like a human bean and exercising. Read the fucking sticky instead, it's free.
>>
>>37925762
mate how old are you?
i squatted 110kg, benched 75kg and deadlifted 150kg when i was 17
>>
>>37930477
On your first try, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.