[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's midnight and I'm desperately shoving meats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 1433384454122.png (26 KB, 397x262) Image search: [Google]
1433384454122.png
26 KB, 397x262
>It's midnight and I'm desperately shoving meats and cheese in my mouth to meet protein goals

How do you guys do it /fit/? How do you eat 1g/1lb of your proteins?
>>
>>37917751
I dont. You obviously are new to lifting, cause you'll discover that that is totally unnecessary and a bit over kill. Oh sure, you'll make some sexy new gaims, feel like god, shit bricks or undigested beef and run your girlfriends family our of their living room with an accidental protein fart you let go from petting their dog, but in the end it's just too much protein. I don't have a bunch of sources to hand you backing my claim up, but you will find it to be true and I'm pretty sure a bunch of folks will agree with me. The only reason that amount of protein is suitable I suppose is if you are a literal skeleton, in which case calories and fats and carbs are in issue now too, but you didn't ask about those or else the protein wouldn't be a problem.. ok Yeah didn't expect to type all that out.. hope it helped. Keep lifting and enjoy the journey friend
>>
0.5g per lb of lbm cause im not retarded
>>
>>37917751

>How do you eat 1g/1lb of your proteins?

Step 1: don't fall for the 1g/lb meme. it's 1g per pound of LBM. if you have to do total weight, do .66g/lb
>>
>>37917806
>>37917805
What's LBM?
>>
>>37917805
>>37917806

But the sticky...
>>
>>37917751
It's .5-1g per lb of lean body mass you tard.
>>
>>37917832

Lean body mass. How much your body weighs excluding the fat. 160 at 15% bodyfat is 136
>>
Sticky does say 1g/lb as a rule of thumb
>>
>>37917805
>>37917806

Wait, so is it 1g per LMB or 0.5g??
>>
>>37917882
That shit is outdated as fuck and I'm not sure why nobody has updated it.
I usually just try to get in 150g of protein no matter what i weigh, it's an easy number to meet and I don't really have to worry about it.
>>
>>37917751
QUARK
U
A
R
K

it rhymes with
FUARK
U
A
R
K

>500gr
>250kcal
>44gr protein
>22gr carbs
>~2gr fats
>>
>>37917806
Why assume that the average person is at 34% bf?
Your two guidelines are so different they seem a bit nonsensical
>>
easy protein?

whey
milk
chicken
sardines
cottage cheese/quark whatever
bim bam boom
>>
>>37917834
havent read the sticky in a while. does it actually say that? holy fuck I wouldn't even know how to fit 170 grams of protein in a day into my diet short of INFINITESCOOPS.jpg
>>
File: ptqLW1c.jpg (45 KB, 526x568) Image search: [Google]
ptqLW1c.jpg
45 KB, 526x568
>>37919776
S C O O P S
C
O
O
P
S
>>
desu i've found i make gains all the same getting 1g/1kg of weight.

1g/1lb is just safe and ensures you don't miss any gains
>>
>>37918557
I ate a kg of that for 2 years, every day, I needed a break

My quark was 350 cals at 87 grams of protein though
>>
Boy, you guys sure are delicate. I felt gr8 eating ~250g of animal protein (i.e., excluding the protein in bread and such things) at a BW of 210.

>drink water
>eat vegetables
>work hard innagym--if you're eating way above maintenance, yeah, it'll be uncomfortable
>usually 2 shakes, 3 meals at 3-4 hour intervals
no problemo
>>
>>37918802
ya know, not all your body is muscle and fat, there are things called B O N E S and O R G A N S and other shit
>>
>>37917751
>still falling for the protein jew
Like 1.2g per kg on bodyweight is enough for athletes or weight lifters who want to build mass. That's about 0.5g per lb. Keep your carb intake above at or above 40% and fat intake at or above 25%. Eating too few carbs or fat WILL fuck with your hormones and increase cortisol while lowering testosterone.
>>
>>37917751
I don't know if I'm eating enough Tbh, ate a tray of sushi and some teriyaki prawns after lifting, feels good men
>>
>>37919952
100g of that protein would just expensive carbs. I guess you like gluconeogenesis
you're too scared to substitute carbs/fat for that protein but that's the truth
>>
>>37917751
well as for breakfast i eat 4 eggs 50g oatmeals and 200g of decent quality ham mixed all together. And for dinner i eat one chiken breast and a pack of rice. it gives me a decent amount of protein. then i just fill up with minor meals
>>
>>37919954
Right, but lean body mass takes that info account.
>>
>>37919994
As far as I could tell, extra protein made a small difference that extra carbs/fat did not, but then again that might not have been all that far. I'm not gonna call bullshit on anyone who says "I tried it both ways and there's no difference." But I am certainly as hell gonna call bullshit on anyone who says "waaaah it's just soooooo hard".
>>
>>37918557

That's 280kcals, not 250.
>>
>not eating 2,5g/1lb
Its like you don't even want to make it.
>>
>>37917751

It helps to be skinny. I'm 145lbs at ~9% body fat, so that's only 130-140 grams per day. I get my main protein from:

Breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled, half cup oats
Morning snack: quarter cup almonds
Lunch: some kind of sandwich with meat and high protein bread, or tuna and rice bowl
Post run snack: peanut butter sandwich with high protein bread
Dinner: large serving of meat with lots of veggies, small side of pasta or potatoes
Before bed: milk, peanut butter, protein powder shake
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.