[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything wrong with starting an intermediate program
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Rip.jpg (19 KB, 300x254) Image search: [Google]
Rip.jpg
19 KB, 300x254
Is there anything wrong with starting an intermediate program a bit earlier than normal?

I thought I exhausted all my gains on SS, and started on a modified 4 day TM. I soon realized however that it was my diet that was the problem and that I could've stuck on SS for a while longer.

I really enjoy what I'm doing now and I wonder if there's anything wrong with starting intermediate early, or is it all a matter of efficiency?
>>
There's nothing wrong with it. You'll just make slower gains on an intermediate program is all. That is, if you still have the potential for newbie gains like you said.
>>
>>37915107
What are your lifts?
>>
>>37915184
Squat: 210
Bench: 145
Deadlift: 230
Curls: 105
>>
>>37915197
>Bench 145

What in the bloody heck
>>
>>37915197
>>37915220

not op
>>
>>37915220
Not him but what wrong's with his bench?
>>
>>37915268
Its really low with the rest of his lifts
>>
>>37915354
symmetric strength puts it at 3% below
that's not all that terrible
>>
>>37915107
TM is still like weekly, yeah you can.
>>37915197
This is really weak though, you sure you don't want to eke out a few more pounds on SS?
>>
>>37915354
are you going by pounds or kilos?
In kilos, yeah his bench is pretty low. I doubt that he curls 105 kilos, so I think he's measuring in pounds
in that regard, his bench is not that far out of balance with the other lifts
>>
>>37915526
>not curling 250 lbs
>even thinking about making it
>>
on SS for 2 months
squats only gone up 70 pounds
only go up 5lbs per day
don't consistently work out 3 times a week

>245/185/125/90

it's g-g-genetics right?
>>
>>37915354
No it isn't.
>>
>>37917155
Shut up Benchlet
>>
>>37915107
>>37915197
The routine you enjoy doing and will commit to is never a bad choice assuming said routine is sound. You'll just progress slower.

Really though, you're still weak and definitely within ss range of you want the truth.
>>
Don't mean to take over OP's thread, but I don't want to start a new thread so I'll ask here

>http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
Plan on doing this once I get back into the gym. Only ever lifted while in school following what our coach had for us, and couldn't find many other routines that had power cleans in it that weren't entirely olympic lifts. I liked what we did in school and this is more closely related to it. Is it okay for me to do this over other routines?

Lifts:
Bench 205
Squat 305
Power Clean 195
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.