[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey are any of you guys into lifting AND pua? my friend introduced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: mystery_0.jpg (90 KB, 1024x654) Image search: [Google]
mystery_0.jpg
90 KB, 1024x654
Hey are any of you guys into lifting AND pua? my friend introduced me and it seems p legit. what's the point in lifting to impress sloots if there always at risk of being stolen by a PUA, or if you haven't learnt enough pua not to become autistic around hot women
>>
File: ohlook.jpg (25 KB, 389x550) Image search: [Google]
ohlook.jpg
25 KB, 389x550
>2016
>being so pathetic you need a manual on how to interact with other humans
>>
>>37913166
Woah who is this guy? For some reason I feel like I need to hide my girl...
>>
Yeah desu, even though I hate considering it PUA, I just call it talking to girls, which is a skill you get better at with practice like anything else. But yeah once you make gains and realize girls aren't going to flock to you for being swole(unless your like joff seid or some shit) your learn you need to go out and approach
>>
Women tend to respond to a certain personality type. We all know it when we see it and we can all describe it in vague terms. "confident but not cocky". "teasing but not rude". And so on. Chads call this personality type "being yourself", but as we all know, that only works with women if you naturally have that personality type to begin with.

PUA is simply the study of that personality type for those who aren't already like that. Some guys will say things like "Don't listen to the PUA guys, just do this instead" and then proceed to list a bunch of things that PUA teaches you to do.
>>
>>37913315
jeff pls
>>
I have a gf already but I love the feeling of other women being attracted to me. I'd never cheat on her but it feels good thinking "I could have this girl if I wanted."
>>
PUA is putting on a paper alpha mask just long enough for you to get away with getting laid

develop yourself, become a great man, and then you won't need to fake it
>>
>>37914991
>alpha
There's that word again.
>>
>>37915011
>ignoring the point
my opinion is a fact
>>
>>37913166
So what you mean is: your goal in life is to become a douche who sleeps with one woman after the next? Fair enough. Here's what you're (probably) doing wrong:

>You aren't a millionaire/billionaire
>You lack confidence
>You have no discernible skills, hobbies, or talents

Just change any of those three things, and it's easy street. Oh, I forgot to mention the most important thing of all: The be all end all secret to scoring with so many women that it'll make your head spin at the speed of plaid:

>Approach them

OP's pic: The fuck? Wearing the hat from the "Virtual Insanity" video probably won't help, unless you are actually Jay Kay already, in which case you have no problems with women. Forget "pua" shit. It's a joke.
>>
>>37915141
>opinion
>fact
>being 16

Okay.
>>
>>37913203
/thread>>37913166
>>
afraid im gonna take yo girl?
>>
It "works" in that you get laid a lot, which is what you think you want now.

Used to fuck with PUA, never met a single person who aspired to be one who didn't eventually become jaded and complain that "women of quality" were too rare. And the ironic thing is they had nothing to offer personality wise because they spent years memorizing canned lines and having the perfect responses to get a girl into bed.
>>
>>37913166
>there [sic] always at risk of being stolen by a PUA

Do you really think the world works this way? Do you really believe that
1. PUA is a magical secret to interacting with human beings?
2. This PUA magic is so powerful it has the power to "steal" women from you?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, OP. I live in LA where unfortunately a lot of these social magicians live and operate, so I have some behind the scenes knowledge. The guys teaching this PUA bullshit DON'T GET LAID. I know a man who is a professional PUA coach (Christ almighty that's horrifying to even type) that has not had sex in two years. He sells his product to lonely, anti-social, semi-virginal men who, in turn, also do not get laid. Why not? Because treating women like objects that exist solely for the purpose of semen storage is a bad way to get women to like you. Furthermore, believing that social interaction secrets exist, and can be unlocked via the study of some esoteric social knowledge forces you to rely on outside sources to make you a more confident, outgoing person. When are you going to realize that NO ONE BESIDES YOU can give you confidence? If you don't have the balls to find confidence within yourself as a result of something, anything, any accomplishment at all, then fucking give up now because life doesn't get any easier.

I'm going to guess that you're a kid that has low confidence and limited experience with women. Keep your head up and realize that it all comes with time and effort. Stop worrying about what society supposedly expects from you, just aim to be the best version of yourself. And because I've been ranting for awhile now, here are some suggestions for how to improve yourself

>keep training
>acknowledge your accomplishments
>set goals and hit them
>step up your style, head over to /fa/ and read the sticky and the general threads

MOST IMPORTANTLY
>approach people
>lead with a smile
>ask questions in conversation
>>
Lol, so many people in this thread that have never actually done PUA.

It's not fucking Mystery and The Game any longer. Game's evolved.
>>
>>37913166
Yes it works, but old school PUA will fuck you up psychologically. Remember, the ultimate goal of new school PUA is to develop yourself into the best you that you can be. When you complete that, you'll be a natural, and no longer relying on routines and lines. Try reading Models by Mark Manson. You can get the audio book with a free trial of Audible.
>InB4 shill
It's the only "PUA" book you really need to read in 2016, aside from The Game and Book of Pook.
>>
>>37915528
It's evolved into something much better honestly. Everyone giving advice like, "make yourself a better person," is just stating the goal of new school PUA without the steps.
>>
i approach girls, ans ask them how they're doing.
i realize that attraction is based on looks and confidence, so i confidently ask them how they are doing.
based on the way they respond and level of interest i can tell if they are or not interested.
am i a pua?
i don't have anything pre planned, to say
i just make small talk and try to get along and see where it goes.
i just try to be friendly. and it works
>>
>>37915721
You're not autistic is what you are.

PUA is teaching social skills to autists
>>
File: MD3scMjJ2MGW1U-I1CS9hw-wide.jpg (23 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
MD3scMjJ2MGW1U-I1CS9hw-wide.jpg
23 KB, 300x400
>PUA
>>
who RSD here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzmD8mZZKfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWN-aCFQ9ZQ

Also, Jeffy is the GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cyPJr0bjtc
>>
This isn't fitness-- What is this?

Are you actually picking them up? Because that's how you get laid.

Just pick her up and take her back to your cave-- like a real man.
>>
Play stupid games win stupid women
>>
>>37913315
Girls will approach you if you're good looking, but you're still gonna need to be able to talk to them without spilling spaghetti everywhere. The better looking you are the more spaghetti you can spill.
>>
Anyone here enjoyed reading the game? not as a fucking manual but a story of how things went downhill
>>
>>37917056
Not gonna lie, this is my only pick up (pun intended) technique.

I generally get past the awkward first stage of small talk with a girl, then something sly. Most of the time the girl will do like a fake slap and giggle. Then I play fight back by poking her or something. When she goes for the second slap I just duck down and throw her over my shoulder and walk around a bit. I've done this 10+ times in the years since i was 16 and it's always led somewhere with each girl (ages :16-27). Despite it being borderline assault, I think being carried over the shoulder just unlocks something primal in girl brains.
>>
>>37916523
You're what we call a natural. The whole point of PUA is to provide men who have grown up without a good model of a man that model. Most guys nowadays are raised by nice guy dads and romantic comedies telling you that you'll bump into "the one" on accident. New PUA trains you to develop yourself into an attractive male and the go after what you want in life. So in essence, you've already achieved the goal that PUAs are working towards.
>>
>>37917534
>we
Way to self-identify as a fedora lord.
>>
>>37913166

I had a friend years ago who got himself entrenched in this bullshit. Long story short:

>be friends for ages, both virgini vidya nerds
>I get first gf
>first gf isn't something his rich daddy could buy him
>gets progressively more douchey
>hits gym HARD but takes 'herbal weight loss supps' at the same time
>skeletor.exe
>downloads dozens of books and literally days worth of e-seminars on PUA snake oil shit
>tells me all about opening sets, sarging, patterning, frame and other pseudopsychological tripe
>is now a jaundice looking spooky skeleton douche virgini
>still can't get laid
>we don't speak any more
>>
>>37917556
Think what you want breh
>>
Lifting is a nice compliment to PUA.

I've been in the game for years. Some things work, some don't. The best is to become interesting yourself. Bring others up on the world. Be an oak for them squirrels.
Social calibration takes time and effort. Then you can game just about anyone. But try to keep it positive and not exploit. It's a shitty feeling when others do to you no?
But there is also the dark side. Read 'the players curse' by Heartiste. Careful what you wish for. . . .
>>
>>37913166
Lost a friend because of this shit. Actually, lost him because he was an idiot, but this shit kind of multiplied his idiocy.
>>
>>37915527
>head over to /fa/

wot
>>
File: team-mystery.jpg (42 KB, 240x360) Image search: [Google]
team-mystery.jpg
42 KB, 240x360
>You lift because you're afraid
>I might steal yo' girl
>>
I can't express through words how sad I feel for all of you.
>>
>>37919026
Let me try.
They're fags.
>>
File: 1468477544443.jpg (343 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1468477544443.jpg
343 KB, 1536x2048
>>37915527
>The guys teaching this PUA bullshit DON'T GET LAID.

This is why I feel bad for young guys like OP.

I too was a victim of PUA shit, even while thinking I was above that.

Good Looking Loser Chris "made me" fuck my chances with cute shy girl that is my neighbor.

Then I found out ALL THE GIRLS IN HIS VIDEOS ARE ACTRESSES. Same with 98% of other PUA channels.

I'll NEVER forgive that guy or myself for being this naive.

I basically acted like this moron and she stopped giving me the time of day. I don't blame her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWY5Z69ckSY
>>
>>37915527
Fucking this.

PUA is genius business model. It's bullshit, but the audience has so little life experience that they will never notice it's bullshit.
>>
>>37915465
PUA "works" with the scum of female humanity. The kicker is that you would also get these broads without PUA if you were brave enough to talk to them.

It's like Aztec human sacrifice: The sun will rise with or without sacrifice, but ask an Aztec and he'll say "We eviscerated that guy and the sun rose on the next day, that's proof you need human sacrifice to make the sun rise."
>>
>PUA

i hate to be that guy, but literally just b urself
if girls don't want whoever yourself is then either become a better person or keep shopping until you find one who does
>>
>>37918591
dressing better aids in confidence (and sex appeal maybe) and confidence aids in getting laid
granted, /fa/ may not be the best place for this but they're trying
>>
>>37919140
What makes it even better is these bottom-feeding bitches are pretty much guaranteed to fuck around which leads to the, I was going to say vicious cycle but it's more of a moebius strip, of r/theredpill logic

>bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
>fuck an actual slut
>>man I'm alpha as fuck I fucked a slut
>>oh no the slut cheated on me
>reinforcing fedora lord beliefs
>repeat until you get the actual redpill and realise you've been fucking yourself

Female version
>I have low self-esteem but if lots of guys want to fuck me I must be pretty
>Why can I only get """""players"""""
>I'm such a shitty person
>low self-esteem intensifies
>repeat until pregnancy or actual redpill
>>
>>37919169
Yup.
>>
File: 1467590788758-b.jpg (77 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1467590788758-b.jpg
77 KB, 640x1136
Red pill > pua
>>
>>37916643
This Jeffy guy is pretty entertaining.
Seem like a guy who would perfectly fit in my social circle.
>>
>>37913315
This. Honestly, the approach is the only important part. Negging and all that PUA stuff is for total faggots.

Just today I got a number actually.
>go to park with friend to use the calisthenics gym
>end up playing bball and later Frisbee
>ask 2 girls who were walking if they wanna throw the Frisbee with us
>"Haha sure, only if our dog can play!"
>have loads of fun and don't even have to remember manipulative PUA shit because I can just talk to them normally
>>
I have a friend who reads all this PUA and redpill stuff.
I mean I've also read it but after finishing some books I never returned to these forums to discuss all these theories and methods. It is a waste of time. My friend does it, I'm pretty sure here is a regular at the redpill since the beginning of it because he told me about it two years ago or something.

So just a few situations here:

>house party
>everybody is having fun
>friend tries to get into the 'mindset'
>this means he needs a few beers to grow some balls
>I sit on the balcony with a few girls, one of them tells a story (can't remember what it was)
>friend enters the picture and listens to, hears she was in Spain and yells 'Hey you was in Spain? Me too. High five!'
>not even a minute and it is already awkward, he interrupts her story just to give her high five (you know, KINO)
>she gives him a high five and continues with her story

He knows PUA/redpill by heart and still fails hard. Some people are just beyond help.
>>
>>37919515

>friend calls me and says he needs a wing man
>some Tinder girls wants to meet him and she brings a friend with her
>'Dude, just tell her you want to meet her alone'
>'Nah man, she's pretty hot and her friend is driving her. Do me a favor, Anon.'
>guess how her friend looked like?
>she was hot, 8/10 but her friend was was a 6/10 even with all the make up, push up bra and all the other shit
>so I'm not interested in fucking her but don't want to bail on my friend
>so I stay and just have fun
>this is the first time I see how delusional my buddy is
>he constantly 'negged' her from the start, I mean I know this method and it makes sense if you do it playfully but he was phoney as fuck
>'I like your earrings, they remind me of my grandma' followed by an awkward laugh and the attempt of KINO by checking out her earrings but backing down and placing his hand on her shoulder
>there is a German word for it: Fremdschämen
>girls went to the bathroom and he acts like he has a shot at kissing her
>tells me I need to go with the chubby one and leave them some time alone
>girls return and after five minutes I suggest to the chubby one we go play some pool
>not even two minutes later they join us playing pool, buddy failed
>there were countless other situations I cringed, but at the end of the night I was kinda tipsy and both girls were all over me
>I kept my distance, I did not want to rub salt into the wound of my friend
>next day chubby one messages me and her friend sends me a friends request
>never contacted them, just overall an awkward situation
>>
>>37913166
It's dishonest and manipulative. Unless you are a really skilled actor, people see straight through you.
>>
>>37919207
>Following TRP

I've known two people from TheRedPill, one is a DYEL virgin and the other is an overweight dude with poor hygiene who had a kid with a girl I wouldn't even fuck.
>>
>>37913243
Vaguely looks like Adam Ant.
>>
>>37919530
>>37919530
>It's dishonest and manipulative.

*tips fedora*

Have you actually read anything by Neil Strauss?

The irony is people like you will dress in trench-coats and fedoras and intentionally use different language around women in a woefully misguided attempt to get laid and then call PUAs who are actually successful "manipulative".
>>
the truth about PUA is

1. looks do matter (duh) and this fact already will annihilate 90% of its audience (bindis, NOWAGs and dindus trying to fuck hot white women). A guy who is a 5 CAN get say, an 8, but it won't be common and it won't be easy. At all. Most guys should just be happy to be banging normal cuties on a regular basis.

2. Good pickup is like good boxing/BJJ/kickboxing it can't be learned from a FUCKING BOOK. The only way to actually improve at it is time in, again, 90% of the audience won't do this because it involves making actual change and facing rejection, instead of just mental masturbation.

3. 99% of the PUA market is a scam. Almost EVERYTHING ever produced has been a rehash of the mystery method just with new names for the same concepts. And most of the instructors lie to you about A) the quality of the women they do bang and B) how many women they have banged.

Like fighting, getting good at pickup is exceptionally hard for most men because it is an ego crushing activity. Getting rejected sucks (ever wonder why so many pua babies are obsessed with psychopaths?), and facing social embarrassment every day is prohibitively hard for most men, especially the kind of men who are attracted to PUA who are typically quite neurotic about social shame (nerds and the like)

> TRP

TRP is just the pua explosion all over again. I'm surprised its hitting for a second time, but i can tell you already it will die out in a few years. Most of it is chest beating internet posturing, just like it was when PUA first came to the scene.

The guys who are really out there making bank and fucking hot women don't have time to be writing long winded theories and mastubatory power fantasies on a forum for socially maladroit men every day.
>>
>>37916643
I like Max, because he pretty much reduces it all to just being comfortable with a girl without much bullshit. Jeff is also GOAT.
>>
>>37919061

Yep. 99% of PUA "instructors" or whatever they want to call themselves now that PUA is a dirty word, are bullshit artists.

Two things common to the industry now: hired actresses and highlights.

the first is obvious and needs no explanation. the 2nd isnt sinister but just a marketing reality: you are only ever going to see the best moments if they are offering you real footage. You're not seeing the failures, the blowouts, the spaghetti moments etc.

To make matters even more muddled, there are LEGIT instructors who have used actresses. Guys who do get laid, but have used actresses to make a piece of marketing footage that appeals to the audience.

the problem there is that good pickup isn't that fun to watch. Its kind of boring really. You can tell something is scripted when it looks like its scripted - interaction is too smooth, no awkward moments, no searching for words etc.

But still, even in saying they are legit, i would not recommend them just on principle.

Most guys, assuming they are normal mentally healthy individuals that just want to be more comfortable with women should forget all the pua shit and just pick up a copy of Mark Manson's book "Models".

The reality is even the best puas have to admit there is not a one size fits all approach, which makes the whole concept of learning a "method" silly. A method should be a structure and nothing more, becoming better at seduction is only done by practicing seduction - in which case theres really not any point spending money on these charlatans is there?
>>
>>37919719
>the first is obvious and needs no explanation. the 2nd isnt sinister but just a marketing reality: you are only ever going to see the best moments if they are offering you real footage. You're not seeing the failures, the blowouts, the spaghetti moments etc.

Even as a really good PUA you'll get rejected most of the times. This could mean you are not getting her number, she flakes on the first date, she does not agree on a second date or you are still not fucking her after the third date. There are countless reasons why it does not work out.

As an PUA who earns his money with this shit you need customers buying your book or some personal training. You'll get more customers by putting your name out there, getting popular. You get popular by producing good content. It is hard to produce good content if your time is limited (travelling around, conferences, personal training) and most of your approaches end up in a rejection. I guess this is why even legit PUAs hire actresses.
>>
>>37919829
>>37919719
The moment "legit" PUAS use actresses they stop being legit.

No ifs. No buts.
>>
>>37913521
>PUA is simply the study of that personality type for those who aren't already like that. Some guys will say things like "Don't listen to the PUA guys, just do this instead" and then proceed to list a bunch of things that PUA teaches you to do.

This. People are stuck on the vh1 reality show and mystery. Nowadays they teach you to focus on self improvement, and when dealing with girls not to give a fuck about if you get laid or not, because depending on a outcome reinforces the idea that you need their approval for your well being, which you don't.

Somewhere down the line puas realized that they just wanted happiness and were using girls as a middleman to that end, so now the focus is on becoming the source of your own happiness so that dating is no longer this stressful battlefield but rather a playground where nothing really matters. It works because it turns you into exactly the guy girls want, which is a man of value who doesn't need them.
>>
>>37919207
/thread
>>
File: 1426535922632.jpg (16 KB, 193x182) Image search: [Google]
1426535922632.jpg
16 KB, 193x182
>>37915147
>speed of plaid
respek
>>
>>37920643
This. Build yourself, ZFG. Self amusement. Outcome independence. The rest is practice practice practice.

Coleman, paraphrased 'everyone one wants to bang many babes but nobody wants to do the heavy lifting. '
>>
The only reason PUAs get laid is because they spend 6 hours a day aproaching girls, like a 50 girls a day, because it's their job.

Then their confirmation bias kicks in and the ones that they hooked up with, it was their PUA skills. The other 99% that blew them off get erased from their biased reality

Compare this to an average guy who goes out once a week and maybe aproaches a few girls a night.
>>
>>37920643
Truth, man. I read up on the PUA stuff when I was like 17 (25 now) and the progression I saw in it was a healthy one. Became less memorizing lines and spamming yourself in social situations, and more being an interesting person. Yes, I did take that trip through Europe, we can talk about travel, I do mountain bike, that's a topic that's interesting as well, and so on.

I think it progressed exactly along the lines of that old psychology pyramid thing ending in self-actualization vs. self-preservation. If anything, that in itself is kind of the standard model for picking up girls now, which in itself is a healthier mindset, regardless of its validity.
>>
File: wlo2n4rsjvxj74pc81ri.jpg (17 KB, 233x300) Image search: [Google]
wlo2n4rsjvxj74pc81ri.jpg
17 KB, 233x300
>>37913166

>whats the matter meathead....afraid i might...take yo gurl?
>>
>Go to rave
>Take ecstasy
>Witness yourself becoming a sexual god

Try it loosers
>>
>>37913166
I knew plenty of people who did weight lifting and PU. Generally, many people advanced in PU will do some kind of sports, because it does matter what you look like - it improves your chances at least.

People seem to hate PU here - probably because they failed, so I'm not going to bother writing more. Know however that it does work.

>>37919256
>>ask 2 girls who were walking if they wanna throw the Frisbee with us

wow, you asked 2 girls to play Frisbee with you??

You are a master with women, teach me your ways please.

>>37921207
Shit mean, you only have to endure 99 rejections to get your 10/10 dream model girlfriend then! Why don't you do it?
>>
File: 1320387273258.jpg (36 KB, 126x188) Image search: [Google]
1320387273258.jpg
36 KB, 126x188
I laugh my ass off the autistic virgins who believe PUA DOESN'T WORK.
Is it really THAT outlandish to believe that if you approach girls, and learn how to talk and be funny with them some of them eventually will fuck you ?
Even if you are short/bald/ugly whatever it can be benefitial to you to learn this stuff, it's either you get good at talking and interacting or you die alone. I understand people on 4chan have a defeatist attituted and love to make excuses but c'mon people.
People who shit on PUA are the kind of guys who try it with a girl from work or school, get rejected and get all butthurt and bitter. People who can't handle rejection are sad fucks
>>
>>37921257
>>37921282
>>37921257

Want to pick up women? Be someone that they will want to sleep with. Be interesting, confident, passionate, and make them feel special and wanted. It's not hard. Develop your personality and you'll have a better life in general. PUA is a crutch and a moneymaking scam. Sure, it might help someone with no personality or social skills a bit, but it is to sleeping with women and being social what crossfit and ""60 day programs"" are to fitness.
>>
>>37921349
>Be interesting, confident, passionate, and make them feel special and wanted
Virginal lingo
>>
>>37921257
Don't know of sarcastic but it's super easy to ask random girls if they want to play volleyball at the beach or Frisbee at the park. Just smile and be authentically nice. At the end if you want, tell her she's cute and say you like her (insert facial feature or something she worked hard on) and then bam.
>>
>>37922361

t. guy who has never done this
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.