[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/! I have a bit of a problem. I'm a software engineer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: kys.jpg (14 KB, 323x455) Image search: [Google]
kys.jpg
14 KB, 323x455
Hi /fit/! I have a bit of a problem. I'm a software engineer, who sit most of the time in front of a PC screen and I have got pic related problem. Also, the problem is, I can't run since i have a bad leg injury that prevents me from running. What to do to loose this shit? Any type of morning exercise? I'm 6'6 220 pounds if that means anything.
>>
>Read the fucking sticky.

tl;dr - Eat less, exercise more.

There's no magic and there's no """targeted""" exercises (for losing fat). If you're anything like me, your body fucking hates you and the gut will be the very last bit of fat it holds onto in its' death throes, so get started now.

Also get a better chair if you can.
>>
>>37912647
>software enginner
>cant read the sticky
>>
File: elliptical.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
elliptical.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
Eat less.

For cardio swimming or an elliptical are both great options for people with leg issues.

Pic related is an elliptical machine
>>
Make a myfitnesspal account and track all your cals. Go to the gym 3-5 times a week. Shit's not rocket science, just takes dedication.
>>
>>37912959
>>37912904
>>37912713
>>37912707

Thanks guys. I'll buy a bike and start eating less shit.

The thing is, I'm used to doing things programmatically. I tell something to do something, and it does that. Like a PC does. My body does not do that. And it pisses me of.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>37913095
its called willpower hope thjat helps
>>
Want to lose weight?
First take a look at what you eat, your diet.
The temptation to eat easy tasty and pre-prepared food is overwhelming, but don't.

Don't eat junk food, pre-prepared food, fast food, candy, cookies, cakes, excess sugar(for gods sake do not eat artificialy sweatened anything or artificial sweeteners it's worse then eating raw sugar) any thing that comes premade and in a package.
Drink nothing but water, and for a man your size a full gallon and a half a day is optimal.
Unsweetened teas and black coffee are acceptable.
Eat meat(not stuff like bologna and weeneies actual meat) veg, nuts, some fruit. the butchers aisle, veg, fruit aisle, and where ever you can get nuts.
Canned and frozen veg are very acceptable.
Learn to cook.
SInce you're in front of a monitor all day and probably eat there, you're going to have to learn to arcane art of snacking.
Learning what to eat, listening to cravings and learning how to overcome it with a good snack, knowing when a small snack that is bad is acceptable. Etc etc.

Finally, and most importantly, you're going to have to learn how to cheat. Some foods you love and can't live without can be added, but you will have to learn how to undo the damage the next day and how to continue with your diet.
Also a single cheat day is vital. Both to keep you sane but also keep your metabolism revving.

Now that we have all of that out of the way, you're going to have to get up and move around.
Morning exercise?
I suggest just pushups planks bridges squats or wall sits(if your legs are as bad as you say then just as walking will be okay) and chin ups or pull ups.
Simple calisthenics can be done anywhere anytime and can and will get you into shape.
>>
>Mfw no one noticed his problem isn't fat, it's anterior pelvic tilt.
Change jobs, op
>>
>>37913095
>>>37912959
>>>37912904
>>>37912713
>>>37912707
>I tell something to do something, and it does that. Like a PC does. My body does not do that. And it pisses me of.

Do you program your code to think about running program x, but if it doesn't that's OK because it can do it tomorrow? Do you tell it to run if nothing good is on TV but if nothing good is on it can flip through the channels aimlessly instead? Do you take input A, but if it still wants more to take B and C and pretend that it didn't?

No, you fucking don't. Your body does exactly what you tell it to do. You are the one not doing what you need to. Stop being a bitch and stop creating BS excuses.
>>
>>37912647
I hear having an exercise ball instead of a regular chair can be pretty fun and good for losing fat.

But truth be told, this is just hearsay. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>37912647
Eat less, weight loss is almost entirely eat less and eat better (so your body is more efficient about how it processes food).
If you keep eating the same macro regularly your body has little use for it. Too much fat, too many carbs. It doesn't have anything it can do with this shit other than store if for fat.
You'll find when you diversify your eating habits, you're less likely to be hungry as your body isn't actively craving anything other than the addictive qualities of foods.
Just one less thing you have to worry about.
>>
>>37913095
>The thing is, I'm used to doing things programmatically. I tell something to do something, and it does that. Like a PC does. My body does not do that. And it pisses me of.

Actually it does. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight. It literally CAN'T work any other way, out t the human body would not function.

Track what you eat, and what happens to your weight over time. From that, just solve for "calories burned" and then eat 500 less than that every day. If that doesn't work, your math is wrong somewhere, 100% guaranteed.
>>
>>37915138
Why are you always like 5 seconds behind me on threads

This is the 5th time today I've noticed
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.