[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EMT/FF/Law Enforcement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Somebody started a thread yesterday about first responder fitness and I was curious how many of us are actually on this board. 5 years in the Canadian Forces as a Combat Engineer currently master corporal and the last 2 years I've been a Medic out of southern Ontario.
5'10
225 lbs
585x3 DL hookgrip
495x1 High bar squat
375x1 BP
225x6 MP
Running 5/3/1 BBB along with judo 3x a week and other conditioning.
>>
how many kcals do you eat everyday?
>>
>>37911412
Definitely between 3-5 kcals depending on my day
>>
>>37911372
How do you justify breaking the law with your steroid use?
>>
>>37911990
Have you ever seen a medic before they are all fat fucks. And to be completely honest with you I ran a few cycles at the end of high school/ start of college where I ran test e and I just got sick of pinning myself twice a week. Not on gear anymore but can't say that for alot of the firefighters and cops I know.
>>
Attempted firefighting accademy. Got a TBI carrying a bangor ladder and want to go back in about 2 years when im extremely strong.

Anyone FF here?
>>
LEO here. Passed the academy in ohio with flying colors. Standards are so easy.

Squat: 445X6 is my best ever. Going for 475x3+ friday
Bench: 330x1 got hit 285x5 last Thursday
Dead: 515x4 yesterday. Est. Max is 580
OHP: 210x4 yesterday. Hit 240x1 before.
>>
>>37912610
Nice.
>>
>>37911372
>RCMP
>Fort McMurray, Alberta

Things are getting back to normal after the fire.

>tfw one sheriff helping with traffic downtown that rides a motorcycle
>no motorcycles in the whole Rcmp detachment up here

I just took riding lessons too.
>>
>>37913739
>Tfw I was asked to go to Fort Mac because of the fire
Yeah naw
>>
File: Le fire.jpg (41 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Le fire.jpg
41 KB, 720x960
>>37914051
>not wanting to have it as a cool life story to tell your hand kids when you're an old fucker

Smh senpachi
>>
What sort of program should I be following if I'm an aspiring firefighter?
>>
Male nurse here.

Soon to be the more specialized kind.

Tips?

Lots of women in the field break their back, knee, or whatever. Not sure how it relates for men.
>>
>>37914873
Probably just do some 5x5 routine like Strong Lifts. You aren't running around all over the place with lots of heavy gear on, so you probably just need to be strong enough to handle all that dead weight without straining yourself.

>>37914672
I've heard Strong Lifts with some chin/pull ups and LOTS of running mixed in would be a good routine.
>>
For me good endurance, agility, and being fast is more important then brute strength.

A duty rig is about 20lbs give or take a few + uniform and boots will add another 6-8lbs. So dressed I'll have anywhere from 25-35lbs extra weight. Gotta be able to sprint, jump a fence, etc. with that shit on. Haven't trained for strength in awhile.

5'8 170ish

Most of my lifts have dropped by 50lbs since I was in college but if I need to run 5 miles right now I could. If I need to run a sub 7 min mile I can. If I need to sprint 100 yards then jump a 8' fence I can. Etc. Ideally I'd like to put about 50lbs on each lift and be about a 7% bodyfat 170-175lbs at about a six minute mile run.

ATM these are my 1RM with clean/proper form.
300x1 DL
250x1 Sqt
220x1 BP
140x1 MP.
>>
>>37914948
>LOTS of running mixed in
specifically running? or just general cardio or conditioning? Would sprints, cycling, etc. also be useful to do some of the time, just to mix it up?
>>
>>37914672
Check out Travis Rask's log on the Starting Strength forum.
>>
>>37914949
So.... your a police officer?
>>
>>37915004
Yeah, you need to build up endurance. You're going to be out in the blazing heat/freezing cold in full gear sometimes and you need to have the stamina/endurance to help deal with that. As a general rule, if you can run/jog 5 miles without stopping, then your good. You can mix it up with other types of cardio, but staying power is the real factor. You aren't chasing down suspects or rushing for cover, your dragging a bunch of stuff around and doing a lot of lifting as you take time putting out a fire.
>>
>>37915039
Yep.

I've done a crap load of workout routines over the last 10 years. Settled into push pull legs with lots of super sets and short rest periods.

For cardio its a mix of 1.5 mile run, running stadiums, and running sprints. Primarily 100 yard's/a football field.

I also do a good bit of pullups. Can do 20 with good form. Would like to get a muscle up on a bar soon as well. I think those are both fairly practical for being able to climb shit.

But seriously a good pair of wheels and good cardio is vital for this job. Resting HR is in the 50s.
>>
>>37915276
Medic in T. O here. I would focus on getting your lifts up. I lift with alot of cops 32 swat to be exact and yeah they run but there lifts are much higher as well.
>>
>>37911372

I'm a former EMT/ER nurse

Fun times I guess

Now I'm going back to school for more high pay-less exciting stuff
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.