[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wisdom Teeth Recovery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: the-rock-the-tooth-fairy.jpg (22 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
the-rock-the-tooth-fairy.jpg
22 KB, 400x250
Sup /fit/, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow morning, and the doctor told me that I shouldn't work out for at least a week after the surgery. How do I make sure my gains don't turn to shit?
>>
Keep your caloric intake up, emphasis on making sure you get your protein in every day.

Hydrate.

BCAAs.

Nothing else, really. Your gains won't turn to shit in a week. You're good
>>
>>37910382
Alright, I'll do that. It's just gonna suck being out of the gym for a week. Thanks for the tips
>>
>>37910447
I know that feel

If you normally take creatine, keep doing it. Take it each morning when you wake up
>>
Lol ur gonna get fukd. I had two removed and couldn't eat solid food for two days
>>
>>37910551
Yeah my wisdom teeth are fucked up to shit, I need all four taken out. I'm stocked up on soup and greek yogurt, so I should be good in the food department.
>>
>>37910648
if all else fails throw everything into a blender
>>
>>37910219
Before someone tells you to stop being a pussy the reason they tell you to avoid strenouous exercise is to reduce the risk of dry socket. You do not want to fuck around with dry socket m8
>>
>>37910219
RIP
also watch for dry scokets
>>
>>37910219
Focus more on eating right and drinking water, the faster your recovery, the faster you can get back to lifting.
>>
your doctor is a retard, you can workout just fine
your jaw area might hurt and swell up to a ridiculous degree but the rest of your body will be absolutely ok
>>
>>37910219
Lost around 3kg after removal. Can't eat solid food for about four days and even after that I have to stick to soft food until a week after.
>>
>>37910219
Had it done 2 weeks ago , lost 2kg or so but could eat almost all the solid food the day after
>>
>>37913272
This so much.
I see a lot of people say keep eating, but be careful about getting food in there too
>>
>>37910219
standard is no heavy lifting for 2 weeks, a week of no lifting is ezpz, 2 weeks is tough. eat all the protons so ur body has proton to build the muscle and keep the muscle while you can't lift to eat protons

good luck 2 u
>>
>>37910648
Bro, I just literally had all 4 removed today and my doctor told me I could go to the gym tomorrow. He was an absolute bro, I could tell he lifts.
>>
I'm getting 1 side removed this weekend, other side removed on a future date.

Now my question is that for 1 side I won't be put under, but I have the option for it but the doctor doesn't recommend it.

I'm scurred.
>>
>>37917119
Woops my question is, should I choose to go under, or just stay awake for the procedure?
>>
>>37917126
Stay awake. I was awake when I had all 4 removed. It sucks like hell for only a little bit. You don't want to be all loopy for hours after
>>
is there anything bad that can happen if you lift immediately?
>>
>>37910219
Ephedrine
>>
>>37910551
you must be a pussy, I had all four removed and had a sandwich the same night
>>
>>37917126
The real question is, do you have a vagina or a penis?
>>
>Removing wisdom teeth

Why do people do this? I have all four of them. Is it an American thing? Like circumcision?
>>
>>37917126
Asleep. You won't feel anything that way. If you stay awake you'll feel like a woman on her period in your mouth, it'll be bloody for hours. You'll be fine when you're asleep. You won't even feel pain afterwards because your jaw won't resist during the procedure. Trust me, I had one removed awake and 3 asleep. It's a complete difference.
>>
>>37918450
Are you stupid, European here. Go ask your doctor, they're usually beneath your gums and once they come out, which can take forever, you'll feel the biggest pain you've ever experienced. Remember toothache back from when you were a kid? You'll wish you could have it back even 5 times as bad and it would still feel better. You can't even have them get removed immediately when it happens and you'll have to wait a day, depending on how they come out you might have another one get removed. The older you get the higher the risks are.

Go ask your doctor about yours. Trust me and don't be a huge fool.
>>
>>37910219
How do I into the rock mode?
>>
File: Yuss.png (66 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
Yuss.png
66 KB, 659x609
>>37910219
>mfw when my dentist said I was born without wisdom teeth
>>
>>37917054
Wisdom teeth depend on the person breh. Some never need to get them removed, some need surgery to remove before they even break through the gums. I needed somemminor stitches for one, couldnt eat hard food or do major exercises for a while. Bloody great you dont need to suffer through that shit though, it sucks.
>>
>>37917126
Im amazed that Americans can get full general anesthesia for dental.
>>
File: 1463519561996.jpg (43 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1463519561996.jpg
43 KB, 480x480
>>37918450
see >>37918523
>>
>>37917126
I had 3 teeth pulled while I was awake before I had my braces put on. It really isn't bad at all.
>>
>>37910219

I don't see why you couldn't go to the gym. The hard part would be maintaining your diet, at least for me it was. Soup is not very filling. I felt like I was dwindling away.
>>
>>37910219
Your gains are the last thing you will be thinking about if you get all four out in one go
>>
>>37918532
I had a couple teeth removed when I was a kid under gas. I felt fucking everything. Since then any time I had teeth out I was full general.
>>
>>37910219
>im litterally about to get all 4 removed in 3 hours
wish me luck
>>
>>37918485
They have already fully erupted into the mouth, that's what I meant when I said I had them. I obviously go to the dentist regularly.

I don't know of anyone who had to get their wisdom teeth removed, which is why it seems weird to me.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.