[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It took me 4 years and countless hours in the gym, but I am finally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 750x1331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 750x1331
It took me 4 years and countless hours in the gym, but I am finally approaching "made it" tier.

After making every mistake in the book, the fruits of my labor are starting to pay off. Starting out as a scrawny teenager, moving into a chubby young adult, I am now 26 and in the absolute best shape of my life.

I notice people staring and treating me differently. I feel more confident than ever. It's a truly great thing

Moral of the story is to just keep working and eat right. Don't get discouraged. You don't have to look like Arnold in his prime for people to treat you like a Greek god, despite what the autists on this board may say. Get some muscle mass, lean out, and just keep working.
>>
>>37908815
good on ya
>>
k
>>
>>37908815
Same bruh, I'm 25, and people constantly ask me about fitness and compliment my physique. It's pretty surreal.
Just this weekend I went to my friend's birthday party, and her younger sister and her friends were all there too (18-21 year olds) and the guys were all asking me shit about how much I lift and shit and the girls were all flirty and touching my chest and arms and shit when they were talking to me. I wasn't even dressed douchey, I had on a sweater most of the night and a t-shirt later.
>>
>>37908815
Thanks OP, good little speech.
>>
I'm happy for you... But four years before I start to even get close to making it?

Please tell me your mistakes were pretty bad. I really dont want to be 29 and just barely making it.
>>
File: 1325536774534.jpg (12 KB, 150x132) Image search: [Google]
1325536774534.jpg
12 KB, 150x132
Thanks for the motivation man, woah a muscular man, woah just woah.
Woah just keep working man you are so, you r so motivational, thnks for the motivation man. A man became, muscular, just woah
>>
>>37909473
better to be close to making it than to remain a fat fuck locked up in your basement
>>
>>37909509
So what you're telling me is that yes... It does take 4 years?
>>
>>37909509
Not to say I'm giving up... I was just hoping to be close to making it in a year or year and a half
>>
>>37909545
Just fucking try. Don't worry about that or you will never get there.
>>
>>37909564
Ok anon... I'll trust your advice.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>37909473
I made some pretty significant mistakes in both my training and diet.

I was inconsistently consistent (would go 5 times a week for a month or two and then go 3 times a week for 2), along with not pushing myself to work as hard as I should've

I also had no semblance of a diet and ate fast food / generally unhealthy food all the time.

It took me a while to get here, but the journey was immensely enjoyable and makes the results even more satisfying to enjoy.

To answer your question, it's definitely possible to do it faster. Start today so in a year you can look back and notice drastic improvements
>>
>>37910013
Thanks anon! I've been moderately watching my diet while sticking to some basics. (I.E. Grilled not fried, being aware of portions, no sauces of any kind) Just recently I've been more strict with it. Almost everything I eat I measure first to make sure I'm staying under my TDEE to finish cutting.

Also started with a personal trainer about 2 1/2 weeks ago. Hoping to be done with my cut by mid August.

Also... Get that Beedrill for me anon.
>>
>>37910283

>i have been watching my diet!
>i count calories
>started with a personal trainer!

just from that message alone i know you will never gonna make it.

Come back in 1 year and remember my words, you will not even be close to OP.
>>
>>37909545
>So what you're telling me is that yes... It does take 4 years?

Everyone has different starting points. Worry less about the destination and focus more on the path
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.