[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
Meme or no meme?
>>
>>37905948

It exists, but is largely limited by myofibrillar hypertrophy.
>>
>>37905958
Could you expand on this?
Do you mean the potential for how much sarcoplasmic hypertrophy I can get is limited by how much myofibrillar hypertrophy I have?
>>
>>37905972

More or less.

I'm super simplifying here, but sarcoplasm is basically energy storage for the muscle fibres themselves. More of the actual muscle mass you have, more sarcoplasm your body can be forced to store. This is one of the reasons experienced strength trainers tend to blow the fuck up the moment they start doing more bodybuilding stuff, while beginners often get very little out of it compared to the effort they're putting in.
>>
>>37905948
dude that chart makes 5x3 look real good for just building initial strength
>>
>>37906022
This anon is correct.

Eric helms talks about it in some 3dmj pyramid video thing.
>>
>>37906024
After 2 sets of your 3rm your strength response is pretty much maxed out.

The last 3 sets would be volume.

This is why i am convinced RPT is the greatest ever.

2 heavy sets to get strength, 2-3 lighter sets (6-10rm) for max volume (thus max progressive overload and max growth). And easier to progress on than 3x5
>>
>>37905972
Not him, but you're obviously never going to get huge benching the bar 20 times, even if doing it for 20 years. Only more strength allows you to lift more, which is necessary for adding more mass in the long run. So myofibrillar hypertrophy has to happen for there to be progress.

Since 20 reps is bad for myofibrillar hypertrophy, it's probably not the fastest way to progress.
>>
>>37906022
Assuming I don't want to get all that big, is there any reason to go above 3 reps?
>>
File: Wat26745rt789.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Wat26745rt789.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
>>37905948
>Pain tolerance
WTF? What do they mean by this?

>Do 5x25 curls in the squat rack
>"Wtf are you doing 25 reps for"
>"Pain tolerance bro!" *Drops bar on neck*
>"See, didn't feel a thing"
>>
>>37906174
Yes. Less joint injuries.

Your muscles handle more weight than your tendons and ligaments and shit.

Most powerlifting routines already put stress on the joints, and all of them go above 3 reps.

Think of russian programs where the volume is craazy high with lower intensity. They had some of the greatest powerlifters on this style of training.

Even the low rep pl programs have a week of lowered intensity.

Now i suppose you could lower the weight and stick to 3 reps. But there wouldnt be any benefit.

Stick to actual programs man
>>
>>37906174

Yes.

After a while, it becomes fucking hard to accumulate enough volume on doubles and triples to keep progressing without burning yourself out or putting a beating on your joints. You can go a long way before that point though.
>>
>>37906204
As a kickboxer, i have noticed that since training my muscles, i can take more beatings to the shoulders/arms/legs. Pretty musch anywhere that is pure muscle and bone.

This would be my guess
>>
Can anyone post a table with different researches about rep range and strength/hypertrophy correlation?
>>
File: 146399174541645s.jpg (10 KB, 261x197) Image search: [Google]
146399174541645s.jpg
10 KB, 261x197
>>37906235
Makes sense
>>
>>37906254
Pain is also that feeling you get when doing HIIT for the first time. You sorta quit when you mentally give up instead of actually falling over in exhaustion, as opposed to failure on low reps strength training which is more biomechanical when the bar just stops moving half way. So pain tolerance is a form of mental endurance.
>>
>>37906055
thanks bro,I kinda hit a plateau with squat and bench recently so I'll give this a try
>>
>>37905948
Whats the difference between strength and power here?
>>
>>37907200
power is work done over time, so typically its moving something heavy fast like in olympic movements
Strength is jsut overall work you can do and applies to more powerlifting
>>
>>37907261
Thank you, so power here means explosive power.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.