[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For those of you with a home gym, how much did it cost you? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: racks.png (125 KB, 1094x805) Image search: [Google]
racks.png
125 KB, 1094x805
For those of you with a home gym, how much did it cost you? What are all the things you have?

This shit looks pricey and I need to know what to budget for
>>
If youre handy at all you can make a makeshift rack pretty easily. Plenty of videos, and website guides, and really you just need a fucking stand to put the barbell on how fucking simple can it get.

I would prioritize the bar, bench, and plates in that order. Build on that as you go.
>>
For about$400 I have a bench squat rack combo, Olympic bar, pull up bar, regular barbell, and some 50lb dumbbells. What else should I get
>>
>bench+squat stand combo thing $75 (Craigslist)
>300lb Olympic barbell set from Dick's $180
>Additional plates $100
>Hex bar $225 (good goy I know)
>Dumbbell handles $60
>Resistance bands $20

$660 total
>>
>>37904816

I bought a power rack off Amazon for $220, it's basic but all steel and really fucking solid.

Got a Barbell and like 500# in plates and a nice bench from Craigslist for a couple hundred.

Got some Olympic dumbbells, which are kind of stupid but work with my Oly plates. Got a kettlebell which Jesus Christ was a stupid fad. Got a yoga mat and a few other odds and ends.

Really not too much money considering it lasts forever. The main issue is if you have enough space, not if you have enough money.
>>
File: Squat-bench-racks.png (124 KB, 660x482) Image search: [Google]
Squat-bench-racks.png
124 KB, 660x482
I have been buying my weights slowly over the last 20 years.

Academy periodically has a sale on 300lbs worth of plates and an olympic bar for $200

My bench does flat/incline/decline and cost about $100 with a shitty squat rack included.

You can get good deals on dumbbells from Craigslist: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/spo/5641398651.html
Just oil them up if they are rusty. Anything under $1/lb is a good price.

I was looking at these half racks at Dicks Sporting Goods the other day and they were both pretty solid.
(pic related)
>>
I need an apparatus that I can do dips and pullups on at home, any suggestions for such a thing, lads?
>>
>>37904964

Get a power rack, buy a dip thing to put in it.

Or Just buy a dip rack and use those $20 things that goes on door frames.
>>
>>37904816
A couple dumbells, 40 kgs of weigth and a pullup bar - 200/400 dollars.
>>
>>37904987
>Get a power rack, buy a dip thing to put in it.

I'm not sure I follow, do you have a picture?
>>
>>37904964
Dips you can use two chairs. For pull-ups put a towel over the top of a door and use that. It's not perfect but it works.
>>
>>37905009
I'm lazy to fuck with pictures but Google "Dip Bar Attachment for Power Rack."
>>
>>37904846
Not OP but would this work for a makeshift power rack?

http://www.buffdudes.us/blogs/news/47856513-buff-dudes-diy-power-rack
>>
File: 20160619_204059.png (174 KB, 1073x266) Image search: [Google]
20160619_204059.png
174 KB, 1073x266
Dude for a decent home gum you need about 4 smith machines and your set ;)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.