[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on these shady motherfuckers. Am I going to fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
Redpill me on these shady motherfuckers.

Am I going to fuck my shit up trying to do pull ups on one of these? Or are they actually legit?
>>
>>37904783
Advise against, my house collapsed from it
>>
>>37904794
Wow
>>
>>37904783

If the thought was actually in your head that doorway pullup bars are a viable purchase, get off the board and start going to a gym.
>>
>>37904783
Fuck that. I'd never use one of those kind, have you ever had your shower curtain rod fall? If not try hoisting your entire body using only that rod. I have one like this that latches onto the doorframe and could be screwed in if you wanted. Worked fine for 2+ years at around 180-200lbs
>>
File: 31on-yLI1AL._SY300_.jpg (7 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
31on-yLI1AL._SY300_.jpg
7 KB, 300x300
>>37904817
Sorry forgot pic. One like this
>>
>>37904783
Ehhh, should be fine as long as you don't kip. Tbh though you should just go to a fucking gym...
>>
>>37904783
Bought one a while again, set it up and only ever hung off, too nervous to actually pull up on it, search it on youtube
>>
File: e8uubOU.png (434 KB, 635x441) Image search: [Google]
e8uubOU.png
434 KB, 635x441
>>37904825
I can attest that I've never had one of these fail on me, even at the tail end of my bulk (225). Just don't swing around/kip up like a retard and you should be fine.

If you want 100% stability go to a gym or get a rack.
>>
>>37904832
>kips
Trying so hard not to take the bait...
>>
>>37904812
>>37904832
I do 50 pull ups every day, I just hate having to go out of the way to the gym every day when I only lift weight 3 times a week.
>>
>>37904838
I've seen those videos. I don't see how you could get fucked up if you had good form.
>>
File: DSC03479.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC03479.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
When I lived with my parents my GOAT dad installed a pull-up bar in the garage. Those are for real men. That pussy shit in the OP won't get you the real gains and man hands.

Pic related.
>>
>>37904872
Its more that it CAN happen, not worth it
>>
>>37904825
ive had the same one for five plus years, was 265 when i got it, sturdy as fuck, be sure to use the connector thing that makes it secure o the door frame and it will never let you down
>>
>>37904993
damn that is actually pretty GOAT

thank god for based dads who haven't done away with teaching their sons traditional masculinity
>>
>>37904825
get one like this. don't get the wedge bar. don't get it the wedge bar.

>>37904859
you could cut back and do pull ups only on pull days and hit them harder. in a few weeks you can go back to your 50 a day, but this time like 70 a day, for example. just an idea on how you can shoot up this kind of frequency for yourself in the longrun if this is your goal.

otherwise if i were you i'd only do pull ups on pull days to hit them harder.
>>
>>37904993
how strong was the thing?

also, you could add in another in another area that has a thicker bar.
>>
File: DSC_1273.jpg (254 KB, 800x884) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1273.jpg
254 KB, 800x884
>>37905065
Mine wasn't that one. That's one I found on google. Mine was thicker and didn't come through the roof, it was bolted like this pic. It could probably hold more than 3 people so it was GOAT. I'm glad I have a /fit/ father. He also passed on to me some things he made like a wrist roller.
>>
>>37904993
My dad did something similar in our old house. The only difference was that instead of vertical bars coming from the ceiling, it was ropes hanging off hooks. That meant the bar was not rigidly attached and it could swing. Still legit for pull-ups but makes kipping a lot harder, in particular accidental kipping when you're getting tired. Really forces you to use strength, not momentum.
>>
There are some that are legit and some that aren't. The kind in your picture will screw up your door frame and drop you on your ass.

You really want ones with the clamps that cinch it to the door from multiple directions, and the little curved up part that also hangs from the moulding on top of the door.

Oh yeah, just like this guy's pic >>37904825

Perfect Fitness multi-gym pro is the one I use, and even though my house is pretty old, it hasn't wrecked any doors.

Of course I have a rack now so it's been gathering dust for a year.
>>
File: ManletsCantReach.jpg (9 KB, 450x449) Image search: [Google]
ManletsCantReach.jpg
9 KB, 450x449
How does /fit/ feel about pic related?
>>
>>37905268
I had one that some guy I knew was giving away but had no where to put it. Left it outside and used it once in a while. It got too dirty and rusty so I never used it again.
But honestly I would only use it after the gym if someone was using the dip or pull up bar and I was in a hurry.
>>
>>37905268
my fucking gym equipment doesn't get to stand taller then me (sans my squats rack, <3 squats rack)
>>
>>37904783
It's legit, but it's better to fix it between two walls, since the pressure will damage the doorframe
>>
>>37904783
I bought one, also was interested if the shit will last. I am 200lbs and 6'3''.

It works, the most important thing is that once you set it in, you have to do the pull ups on the one side and chin ups on the other, else you're gonna land on your butt. all of the idiots on youtube start doing pull ups on the wrong side and loosen the grip of the bar.

I use it every day for pull ups.
>>
>>37905305
buy some sandpaper - $2 and black spraypaint $5. spend 20 minutes sanding it and spraypaint that shit. Presto, like new.

Fucking lazy Americans.
>>
all you have to do is watch like 3 or 4 of those "lolsoepic top 100 gym fail" videos on youtube and i can guarantee you'll see at least 2 of these in each video, usually with someone completely eating shit because it fell out of the doorframe
>>
>>37904783
you will not get back your deposit. get one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Stamina-50-1690-1690-Power-Tower/dp/B002Y2SUU4/ref=sr_1_10?s=sports-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1468418990&sr=1-10&keywords=pull+up+bar
>>
>>37904794
You have to run it through the ceiling in order to awaken it
>>
>>37904993
I don't think that is for pull ups anon.
>>
>>37904783
I use one of these at home and have never had problems.
>>
>>37904783

go to the park and just use the monkey bars

hell some even have dedicated chin up bars
>>
>>37904993
Pretty sure that is just plumbing
>>
They work great. I had one of the screw into the door frame types, and right now because I couldn't find that type again, I bought one of the leverage hangup ones that don't need to be screwed in.

At first I was scared, but I'm 240 and I've had no issues with either type.
>>
>>37904808
really makes u think....
>>
File: 0713161218.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
0713161218.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1200
If you have exposed 2x8s anywhere you can do this. I think the original holes were used for wires.
That's 100lb cord wrapped 6 times each side and twisted a bit. And a pipe.
>>
>got a cheap ass one from a friend
>he warned me its kinda wonky
>say whatever, nigger, i need it
>its one of those bars that the ends screw outward to get pressed onto the wall/door frame
>one week passed, so far so good.
>one evening the grip of one of the ends slipped the wall mid-pullup
>slam the middle of the bar right on my nasal bridge, at full flanking speed and fall down
>blood gushing out everywhere, swollen nose for a week
>probably broke something, never went to a doctor
I cant get myself on try pull ups again, ever
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.