[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help develop a fitness community
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: website screenshot.jpg (217 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
website screenshot.jpg
217 KB, 1366x768
Hey /fit/,
I'm currently developing a user-based (anons can post too) fitness community, almost like Facebook mixed with the Bodybuilding forums. What features would /fit/ wish were available to them on such a website?

We currently have the following:

-Facebook style profiles based around your fitness journey, rather than your everyday life.

-Add friends

-A blog where we will post various fitness posts, whether it be educational, or just one of the administrators discussing a topic

-A forum including the following topics: About the Website, Nutrition, Supplementation, Transformations/Progress, Exercises/Routines, and Random (where you just dick around and shoot the shit with fellow users)

-A shop to purchase products to represent the brand or website, etc. (We only have one so far, sorry)

-And maybe a "Featured Athlete of the Week" page, where we choose one exceptional member, tell their story, and have a Q & A with them?

Any of this sound good? What should I remove from it, what should I add?

>inb4 remove all of it

Sorry, it's the next step of an Instagram community account with over 20k followers, so I'm not about to just drop it.

To the few that will take this seriously, thank you for your suggestions

>pic related
It's a screenshot of a snippet of the front page. Name is blurred out simply because the site isn't finished yet, but I don't particularly care if you happen to find it. Just gonna be an empty community except for me and my friends right now.
>>
>>37901366
Upboating is a must!
>>
remove all of it
>>
>>37901388
Hmm, but that almost takes away to freedom to give your opinion without fear of backlash. Much like 4chan. I'll look into it, though. Depending on what other users say.
>>
Shaming should be a first time bannable offense. If people can freely trigger me on your site why should I use it?
>>
>>37901435
Good call. Permaban for anything that suggests I am not perfect the way Allah made me
>>
File: markymark.jpg (87 KB, 491x702) Image search: [Google]
markymark.jpg
87 KB, 491x702
bump
>>
>>37901366
It doesn't really sound like anything more than Bodyspace 2.0

None of the ideas are all that new or interesting.

You'll need something to hook people for long term growth otherwise it'll be a waste of your time.

Not hating, just opinion.
>>
>>37901511
I agree with that 100%, we are still in the developmental stage and are looking for that thing that really sets us apart from the competition.
>>
>>37901603
Anonymous shitposting forum without gay ass normie mods
>>
>>37901625
sounds familiar.
>>
On profiles, it would be really useful if you could look at a person's routine and diet.
>>
>>37901752
Wow, that's a great idea.
>>
>What do you want as someone into fitness that is not provided by 4chan, reddit, or bodybuilding.com.

expanding that, is there anything that any of the resources out there offer, that the others don't?

>4chan (anonymity)
>reddit (accountability)
>bodybuilding.com (community)

What are the problems an individual faces with each resource?

>4chan (trolls/shitposting/insincerity)
>reddit (mob mentality, uneducated opinions share same weight as educated and exerienced)
>bodybuilding.com (lack of diversity, cultural perpetuation)

There is obvious crossover: accountability and community in reddit and bodyspace for example, where bodybuilding.com forum a members opinion is more highly regarded with a better ranking, whereas reddit it's almost entirely whoever posts what the mob is thinking or agrees with, which isn't always right.

I think the ability to post behind an anonymous wall is advantageous but as is a rank, so options to post while maintaining a poster rank may work well. Shit posting unlikely because it will invalidate further posts.

Multiple rankings (pictures, knowledge, etc).

A few other things

>direct photo uploads. Can I take a picture and upload out smoothly?

>Make sure your sold products are legit. If I see snake oil not only am I not buying I'm not reading either.

Ultimately though assess whats worked with your ig and just expand on it. Start with 5 points and make the most unique thing the usp, the next 2 big and comfortable averages (instagram with a forum) and the next two after that almost strong independent stand alone you can take in different directions (like a legit and exclusive shop, and even a platform for trainers and nutritionists to sell services).
>>
>>37901815
as far as products go, it's no supplements, just apparel.

I like the idea of anonymous posting but also keeping a rank. It would probably have to be based off of the poster's IP.
>>
>>37901366
Be able to cath virtual pokémon
>>
What's the Instagram account senpai I'll gladly follow if it's dank enough
>>
>>37901366

add nav links for >tfwnogf and nofap and you're golden
>>
>>37901366

>shopping cart

GTFO SHILL
>>
>>37902159
we only have one product, 3 dollar rubber wristbands. Yikes. Not selling you snake oil, and in fact, not really selling you anything at all. Only if you wanna represent you can
>>
>>37901366
>for you
I caught the bane post
>>
>>37901366
Got some tips here

>>37901752
This along with "natty or not and total years lifting"

>>37902204
Eventually it will be best to market your own supplements, maybe not now but later

Once you've got a decent community size, it will be time to make an app with photo uploading capabilities.

If you could give us the name I would sign up rn
>>
if you were going to make this i would add a way to track progress
>>
>>37902311
You can look on the user's profile and look at their fitness journey!
>>
>>37901388
Just integrated voting up or down on user's posts, and it will effect their overall reputation score.
>>
>>37903404
Buddy I was kidding.

Having a rating system will turn your site into reddit
>>
>>37903842
Oops, forgot my """hat"""
>>
>>37903842
Yikes, okay, someone else mentioned it to me as well, so I went with it.
>>
>>37901366
Why is there no gay hookup section? Don't you want buff homos turning this into grindr for bears and muscular gods?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.