[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Correcting Posture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Fathom.jpg (75 KB, 671x781) Image search: [Google]
Fathom.jpg
75 KB, 671x781
Hi. New to /fit/. Do any of you lads have some advice for improving posture and fixing ailments in the spine? I'm looking for something like a recommended routine, similar to most beginner weightlifting routines - something I can do 3x/week to supplement consciously sitting upright and maintaining good posture throughout the day. I have slight lordosis, forward shoulders, and forward neck posture due to sitting for extended periods during the day. Advice/help would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
Everything you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA3O0NVb-sk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs
http://scoobysworkshop.com/fix-rolled-shoulders/

>SLEEP ON THE FLOOR
Your spine is not going to correct itself if you continue lying on a soft matress every night
>stand up straight, limit sitting and walk around more
>squat when you can instead of sitting
>when you have to sit use correct posture

Dedicate yourself to this and you will get results fast
>>
>>37901214
when you sleep on the floor, can you sleep on your side? or is the main benefit gained by sleeping flat on your back.

which is better?
>>
>>37901214
not OP, but thank you so much.
>>
File: Gray389_-_Erector_spinae.png (447 KB, 625x1179) Image search: [Google]
Gray389_-_Erector_spinae.png
447 KB, 625x1179
deadlifting with proper form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7ZbgjZklE
>>
>>37901586
On your back, without a pillow. This puts the spine in the correct position, sleeping on your side on a hard floor is not great for your back at all and will hurt your hips too. It does take a while to get used to staying on your back if you're not used to it.
>>
>>37902262
The floor huh? You do this? So there's no bed in your bedroom then?
>>
>>37901072
Squats, deadlift and ohp
>>
>>37902262
thanks anon. i've been doing this for a couple days now, but when i wake up, im usually on my side.

It's also usually my right side, so I'm not even balancing it out between the right and left so like you said it can't be good for me.
>>
My aunt sleeps on a sheet on the living room floor out of 7 siblings she is the only one with back problems.
>>
From personal experience I've benefitted most from strengthening and stabilizing my shoulder blades. Of course having a strong core, spine, glutes, proper hip position etc help but man you have healthy and strong serratus muscles, lower/mid traps, rhomboids, and just shoulders in general and it's the fucking best. Really the key for great posture is balancing all your muscles equally but I've made the mistake of neglecting my shoulderblades and after the hell I went through I will never ignore those again. Those are the cream of the crop.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.