[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting is an absolute waste of time. I've been lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Lifting is an absolute waste of time.

I've been lifting for three years. There's no reason in modern society to lift. It has no survival value.

I wish I never started lifting and just put a bullet in my head.
>>
Just kill yourself
>>
When a pack of chimps attack you and your gf (implying your dyel ass has one), would you rather have the muscle and endurance to protect your woman or get owned and watch her get nigger raped? I literally only lift for strength to protect my family.
>>
>has no survival value

You're one of those people, aren't you?
>>
>>37899735
>>
>>37899043
I do it because it is fun.
>>
File: forcedmeme.png (74 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
forcedmeme.png
74 KB, 499x499
you can still do it, you should go for the high score while you are at it
>>
Post physique and timestamp. We'll judge if you can say anything about physical fitness.
>>
>implying I lift for any other reason than to look good
Everything else is just a bonus. Health, confidence, endurance, etc are all just a plus. Being strong is beneficial in general. Just having a strong physique is enough to deter most attacks. Even with carrying a gun, I wouldnt want to shoot anyone. I would if I had to defend myself or others, but I would rather avoid all the legal bullshit coming with potentially killing someone. The best weapons are the ones that are seen but not used. If you're packing heat (gun or just being bigger than most people), that'll prevent most attacks before they happen.
>>
I lift so that I do not fap all the time.
>>
>>37899043
That's why I lift to look good

Looking good always has value in modern society.
>>
File: 7b7.jpg (23 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
7b7.jpg
23 KB, 625x626
>>37899043
>>
>>37899043
>I wish I never started lifting and just put a bullet in my head.

Then maybe lifting had a tremendous value for you.

If you're younger than 38, chances are that you haven't heard the funniest joke you'll ever hear yet. If you're over 3, then there's a good chance that you know a joke that'll be the funniest joke that somebody will ever hear.
>>
>>37899043

it has egotistical value. and when you strip everything else away, all we are is blobs of ego.

it has personal value. I feel more confident when i look better and stronger, and that confidents bleeds into my personal and social life and my career.

it has sexual value. being able to carry your body weight (or hers) for longer, more endurance, better erections, better responses from female when you have muscle, higher chances to have sex with more attractive women.

it has biological value. lifting makes your bones stronger and more dense.

it has safety value. if someone tries to grab you for whatever the fuck reason, you will be better able to fight him off and endure his attacks.

It has entertainment value. going to the gym is fun.

it has mental value. it's a good way to meditate and clear your head and unwind.

just because you are bad at critical thinking, anon, don't try to project your flaws onto us.
>>
>>37900439
lol, dyel?
>>
>>37900439
C'mon, show that beard!
>>
“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general.”
― Mark Rippetoe

“A weak man is not as happy as that same man would be if he were strong. This reality is offensive to some people who would like the intellectual or spiritual to take precedence. It is instructive to see what happens to these very people as their squat strength goes up.”
― Mark Rippetoe, Starting Strength
>>
>>37899043
Nobody cares faggot, kill yourself
>>
File: zzUUNVo.jpg (277 KB, 2048x1382) Image search: [Google]
zzUUNVo.jpg
277 KB, 2048x1382
>mfw
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.