[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to measure the calories in a fruit salad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: fruit salad.jpg (46 KB, 532x532) Image search: [Google]
fruit salad.jpg
46 KB, 532x532
How am I supposed to measure the calories in a fruit salad?

It has:
>kiwi
>pineapple
>watermelon
>melon
>blueberries
>honeydew

And the whole container is about 1.1 lbs. I tried estimating, but getting only about 500 calories. That seems a bit on the low end.

Do I have any alternatives other than disassembling it and weighing it component by component? I really don't want to do that because autism.
>>
>eats fruit salad
never going to make it
>>
you definitely should disassemble it, weigh every single piece of fruit, put it into myfitnesspal, and do that for the rest of your life for everything

>fishing out the beef from the pho, the noodles, measuring broth in ml
>picking out each last gram of goat cheese from a salad
>trying to find out the cals you ate licking the top of a yogurt container
>>
>>37896233

It's delicious and healthy and has better vitamin absorption rate than chewable vitamins.

>>37896244
So what you're saying is I should embrace the /fit/-autism?
>>
>>37896277
Probably around 50-70 kcal per 100g. Fruit vary in calories like crazy anyway depending on how sweet they end up.
>>
Seems kind of pointless. I mean I hope you realize that the calorie data for fresh produce is just a median or average value and that there is a bit of variety anyway, depending on cultivar, growing conditions etc. The vast majority of fruits are 50-70 with an average of 60 calories per 100 grams in a balanced mix, exceptions being bananas with 80-90 calories/100g.

1.1 lbs is 500 grams, that's less than 500 calories in 100% of cases. It's more like 300 calories (unless there is added sugar, I don't know if you're talking about fresh produce or a mystery can you found).
>>
>>37896398
300 calories? cmon op i don't want to hear you only eat one a day, 4 salads 2-3 times a day op cmon
>>
>>37896206
Why the fuck would you eat fructose, retard?

http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/abundance-of-fructose-not-good-for-the-liver-heart
>>
>>37896690
That article literally says you shouldn't give up fruit, you gurgling moron. It's in the last paragraph you fucking retard.
>>
/fit/'s anxiety about eating fruit is hilarious

eat a grapefruit you dysfunctional weirdos
>>
>>37896690
It's not true just because it's from Harvard. Harvard is home to David Ludwig, who is a major anti-carb anti-sugar pro-fat shill and has significant influence on the content they put out there.
>>
>>37896706
The article is wrong either way because refined sugar does not cause any of the things it claims it does. It doesn't list any references anyway, so it can be discarded. When you put people on an isocaloric (!) high-sugar diet and they don't gain weight, nothing changes at all. Whatever negative effects people find in relation to sugar is due to weight gain or some other dietary factor. Whatever negative effect people find in relation to fructose is not reality-based (most studies give people pure liquid fructose at a dose higher than what anybody consumes in an entire day, and nobody even consumes pure liquid fructose anyway)
>>
>>37896706
http://dailyburn.com/life/health/fruit-portion-sizes/
>>
>>37896713
fruit is for grills and betas.
>>
>willingly eating a bowl of sugary carbs
>>
File: 1418647345490.png (14 KB, 333x293) Image search: [Google]
1418647345490.png
14 KB, 333x293
>>37896752
The momscience is real
>>
File: bethwarren.png (148 KB, 460x260) Image search: [Google]
bethwarren.png
148 KB, 460x260
>>37896752
Looks like Beth went a little hard on the fructose herself, high kek. I always take my diet advice from overweight moms
>>
>>37896742
i agree i recently eat only the fruits from fresh market and have lost the ten pounds maybe more I can't tell my ungrateful osychopath daughteer stole over 180,000 dollars from comined income in last three months from me. the ruits are full of the vitamins for my hair skin nails. must not need more.
>>
>>37896766
>le carbs le are le bad

When will this meme die?
>>
>>37896752
Did you just link me an article from a website called 'dAily burn'. Are you a fat middle aged soccer mom?
>>
>>37896814
Exactly when the more protein = always good meme dies
>>
Fruit has a lot of micros, its not that calorie dense and it kills the cravings for sweet stuff when you're cutting. If it fits your macros there's literally nothing wrong with eating fruit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.