[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello everyone I'm a weightlifter and for some time now,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: si-joints.jpg (15 KB, 340x253) Image search: [Google]
si-joints.jpg
15 KB, 340x253
hello everyone
I'm a weightlifter and for some time now, I've had lower back pain.

at first it hurt just after working out and I thought that my lower back might just be a bit sore since I was training quite heavy and frequently.
then it started to hurt when I was doing squats, heavy backsquats especially.
now, since almost 2 weeks ago i feel a bit of pain basically all the time, especially when bending forward.

I have an appointment at the orthopedist on the 20th, but I just came from my general practicioner who said that's it's probably an irritation of the sacroiliac joint.

has anyone ever had this or a similar problem? any advice on how I should procede until I meet my orthopedist next week? i've stopped training 2 weeks ago when it started to hurt more badly, I stretch and foamroll and go for walks. could this be counterproductive?
>>
You should research the relationship between the glutes, psoas, piriformis and SI joint.

If your piriformis is part of the probem this may help: https://www.t-nation.com/training/tip-fix-this-tiny-muscle-and-lift-heavier
>>
age?
weight?
height?
lifts?
how long you been lifting for?
Did you do a lmaolowbar squat?

As long as you stopped what was causing the pain(lifting) you should be fine. If walking/foam rolling causes discomfort, stop. It's that simple.
>>
>>37896063
Also, hope you feel better. :)
>>
>>37895818
Yes I've had this issue on both sides. Took me some time to figure out that I butt winked during squats, because of the way my hip joint ball is placed in the socket. Basically I have to stand a bit wider with my feet at a 45 degree angle or maybe even slightly more.

As for the injury, take rest. I cannot stress this enough. If the pain does not subdue in a week go see a physical therapist. And keep seeing him until there's absolutely no more pain.

I went on for about 2 years, having the pain extremely slowly subside. I then decided that I was gonna try any therapy possible to get rid of it. Took me about 5 sessions to be 99.9 % pain free again.

Tl:Dr see a therapist and check squat form
>>
>>37895926
>the blonde foam rolling in that article
HNNNNNNNNNG
>>
>>37895926
interesting article, thanks

>>37896098
i also think that it is somehow linked to my squat form. the last couple of months i felt odd while squatting, I struggled to find the right stance and I always felt like I was standing asymmetrically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFNGPhlMO7Q
this is a very recent squat video from 3 weeks ago when I already felt the pain in my lower back.
can you (or anyone really) tell if anything's wrong/odd by watching that video?
>>
>>37896341
are you a girl?
>>
>>37896341
Think your back is not straight as it should be. Tuck your lower back and butt in.
>>
>>37896341
Seems like buttwink to me. But since it gets worse as you progress it might be a weak hamstring. Also I'm not sure about your torso shifting forward at the bottom of the lift. Never seen that before so I guess that's also something to adress
>>
>>37896862
>torso shifting forward
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>37895818
if you cant front squat you shouldnt squat at all cuz your hips arent opening properly

when i started front squatting i realized how fucked up my hips actually are, i cant front squat without going sumo leg width
>>
File: HL2014_Kuva1b.jpg (34 KB, 250x390) Image search: [Google]
HL2014_Kuva1b.jpg
34 KB, 250x390
>>37895818
keep the bar over your head the whole motion, break from the hips on your way down

this will help you
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.