[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CREATINE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Drink-Creatine-Step-10.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
Drink-Creatine-Step-10.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
Is Creatine worth taking ?

All memeing aside, what are peoples experience with it and would i be wasting my time/money by getting it ?

A mate of mine said it just made him feel dehydrated as fuck and did nothing else for him.
>>
mate probably didn't drink enough water like 90% of people.

creatine is ok i guess. i don't use it anymore, but it's cheap as fuck and most people seem to like it
>>
>>37895683
I like it. It helped me bust out that one last rep when I stalled on BB bench 225x5x5. I can get like 240 4.2g caps for like 7$ too so I never saw a reason to stop. It's not necessary but it definitely won't hurt.
>>
>>37895683
Literally the only supplement with any evidence to back up its claims.
>>
>>37895683
Not only is it argueably the supplement with the most valid research behind it, it's also cheap as fugg
>>
yes

https://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

fuck summer

/thread/
>>
It's effectiveness is debatable, but I do notice more consistent gains while maintaining a daily dose of creatine. It also makes me feel larger, since it will make you retain water, and psychologically that makes me feel stronger and have more confidence that I'll hit my weekly numbers.

It's cheap and easy to take so there's really no risk is trying it.
>>
>>37895683
you can find creapure fairly cheap in places that sell bulk supplements and ingredients, creatine monohydrate is usually made in China and has been linked to heavy metal contamination and other shit. Creapure is made in the EU, Germany I think.
>>
>>37895839
I'm not a summer fag, just never saw a need for it before but i'm at my peam and want a natty way to get a bit more gains out of the tank
>>
>>37895839
this link is all you need

tl;dr creatine is fucking awesome and is basically one out of 5 things that works (the others being caffeine, l beta something and a few other minor ones.)
>>
>>37895874

>creatine
>natty
>>
>>37895899
>https://examine.com/faq/what-happens-if-i-go-off-of-creatine

>A study found no loss in strength or lean tissue mass when you stop taking creatine
>>
should i take creatine if im cutting? fatty here, been lifting/ eating at deficit for like 4 months now
>>
>>37895953
>do you want to build muscles? Are you currently lifting weights?

If you answered yes to both of these things, use it. It has no effect on diet. Its purely for muscle building potential and muscle performance as well I think.
>>
>>37895972
>do you want to build muscles?
yes but im cutting so im not really gonna build much muscle right
>>
>>37895986
Depending on how you cut, you could at least preserve it better perhaps...with creatine...not sure though.
>>
>>37895953
It should cause to gain between 5 and 10lbs of water weight almost immediately. If you think this will discourage your cut then maybe you shouldn't. That being said, the strength and stamina gains, especially on a cut will be immediately noticeable.
>>
>>37895683
Yes, it works, but what is the point?
It makes you stronger, if you take it. If you stop, you're weaker. So it does not really cause progress, it moves the baseline higher, if you know what I mean. And you lift for yourself, right? not to compare numbers on a forum where no one lifts. better spend the money on a nice steak or better quality food.
>>
>>37896007
>If you stop, you're weaker.
>>37895911
>>
>>37896020
this study was done on old men
there was no loss in strength or lbm in neither of the groups
endurance was lost at the same rate in both groups
did you even read the paper?
>>
>>37895997
I don't care about water weight, I want to lose fat not water lol
>>
>>37896058
you need a caloric deficit if you want to loose fat, nothing else
>>
>>37896048
oh shi-

I did not read the study at all. Still, if its only the endurance...well yea I guess you could be right about the baseline moving up.

Not sure about creatine not being a steroid now.
>>
>>37896007
So dont stop, creatine has many benefits all proven, in fitness and beyond. Its cheap as dirt I got 0.5kg for 17 dollardoos with good quality control. There is literally no reason not to take the only supplement with countless studies proving its benefits and disproving myths about side effects.
>>
>>37896079
Wait there is a but. If it doesnt decrease muscle mass, but if muscle mass is tied to endurance. That would mean that you could hit the platau faster most likely with creatine and have no side effects if you stop with it just before you hit it.

>muscle workouts become more intense
>build up muscle faster
>just as you hit your natty limit, quit
>you now have muscles that you would have had naturally, but only a bit sooner

neat
>>
>>37895911
>>A study found
wooooooaahhhhhh
>>
>>37896007
>10 dollar for 3months
>a nice steak

Top kek
>>
Yes, I'm off creatine for a bit and can see a clear difference in my bench press. It's really worth it.
>>
It accelerates balding so don't take it if you like having hair on top of your head
>>
>>37896215
Only if you were going to go bald anyway. Accelerates, not causes.
>>
File: 1422596082770.jpg (24 KB, 470x437) Image search: [Google]
1422596082770.jpg
24 KB, 470x437
>>37896242
>>
>>37896093
enojoy your premature baldness
creatine increases DHT, which contributes to balding
>>
>>37896242
>>37896215
>tried out creatine 2 years ago
>stopped after a few months because I was pretty sure something happened to my hairline
>after I stopped I found out about all that DHT shit
wew lads
>>
File: 1462950119344.jpg (61 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1462950119344.jpg
61 KB, 1000x800
>>37896242
>mfw have ridiculously thick hair
>mfw wouldn't mind a bit of balding to thin this shit out
>>
>>37896288
>>37896268
>>37896251
I started taking creating roughly a year ago, 5mg per day. No change in hairline but genetically I'm inclined to have a full head of hair all my life. It will only mess with your hairline if that's some bring you're going to deal with eventually, creatine or not.
>>
>>37896344
Excuse my typos, small phone and large fingers.
>>
File: trustworthy looking fellow.jpg (86 KB, 760x428) Image search: [Google]
trustworthy looking fellow.jpg
86 KB, 760x428
>>37896288
here my friend!
>>
>>37896344
my dad is over 50 and is showing very little if any signs of balding. his hair is more grey than black now but it's not falling out.

looks like im gonna buy some creatine today

>>37896373
thanks mate, appreciate it
>>
I got tired of being a roid monkey so I quit creatine two weeks ago after taking it for 1.5 years.
>>
so do you take it every day? i work out 3 times per week would i only take it on those workout days?
>>
>>37896717
You take it every day.

>>37896288
Unless you inherited the genes from your mother's side of the family, you won't lose any hair on creatine.
>>
>>37896268
This. Despite all the reassurances, including in this thread, I was instantly paranoid that my hairline was slightly further back or the hair around it was thinning. Feels bad brehs
>>
>>37896717
5g a day senpai, no need to do loading phase bullshit
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.