[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>174cm >51kg >trying to gain weight in the right places
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
>174cm
>51kg
>trying to gain weight in the right places
>wanna become ass goddess for my bf

Will this routine + overeating do it for me and my ass? I've found this on Bret Contreras website. Only thing I changed is that I'm doing normal deadlifts with barbell + dumbbell swings, since my gym doesn't have heavy kettlebells. And I'm doing 30 minutes mixed cardio after every workout (running,bike,stepper).

Please /fit/ help and review "my" plan.
>>
>>37894244
Post current ass wid dat time stamp and we will help u
>>
>>37894244
Do you seriously trust /fit/'s opinion better than Bret Contreras'?
>>
>>37894244
seems overly complicated for an ass rountine O_o
how long are you doing weight lifting ?
>>
>>37894244
pics from Bret Contreras's Strong Curve book. The following will be his lower-body only routine

In aware some photos may be sideways but you can fix it yourself if you're particular about it

1/6
>>
>>37894259
I just want to hear some opinions and suggestions, the "why"s and "how"s.

>>37894267
Started doing stronglifts 5x5 in january, but with very slow progress, because of exams stress and undereating. Now I'm motivated and free of uni.
>>
>>37894305
2/6
Eat maintenance TDEE, find guide on TDEE in sticky
>>
>>37894315
Id say stick with 5x5 but add bridges/hip raises and go heavy on deads and squats
>>
>>37894315
so keep the sl routine and just accessoirise legs work with good morning and weighted hip trust
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
3/6

Warm-up routine
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
>>37894372
4/6
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
>>37894372
>>37894386
Do not overcomplicate your program/routine, it will only serve against you. Any strength program will be worthless to you as strength and hypertrophy doesn't always go hand-in-hand, you're even less fortunate for not having the same amount of anabolic hormones that men have to aide their muscle building
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
>>37894372
>>37894386
>>37894415
6/6
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
>>37894372
>>37894386
it's a nice bodyweight routine but op is already into weight lifting ..all of that can be remplace by deadlift,squat ,suitcase deadlift, goodmorning and weighted hip trust
>>
>>37894415
>Any strength program will be worthless to you as strength and hypertrophy doesn't always go hand-in-hand

fuck
off

OP, do a strength training program. i'd suggest Strong Lifts to start with just cos it's so simple to do, or starting strength.

always start with a strength program before doing hypertrophy
>>
>>37894470
See OP
This is why you shouldn't listen to /fit/
They think they know better than professionals who have spent years researching this stuff and applying their knowledge to get real results with real people
Just leave this wretched place, follow the program, never come back
Good luck
>>
>>37894305
>>37894343
>>37894372
>>37894386
>>37894415
>>37894439

Thanks a lot, but I'm seeing a lot of bodyweight exercises here. Isn't the general opinion that these don't really build your muscles and that in order to gain muscle mass, you need to up the weight quite a bit? Thing is, I'm quite slim and my ass isn't that big. It's normal compared to my small frame. So I don't need only "toning" (god I hate that term), I actually need muscle mass there, a lot of muscle mass.

>>37894362
>>37894363
I read somewhere on Bret's website that these actually do make you stronger and bigger, but not attractively so. I'm not looking to get functional strength or big upper body muscles, that's why I quit 5x5 after that initial run, which I felt I needed to just get in shape for a more complicated routine.
>>
>>37894447
and there it starts, the desire of all /fit/homo's to turn women into men.

Squats are fine...to a certain limit.

But seriously op, dont listen to these faggots. They think that there is no difference between men and women. They will give you or try to give you a male routine. So that you start to look more like a dude...

The catposters things were pretty great. Keep on doing these and with weight exercises ignore 90% of what /fit/ recommends to you.
>>
>>37894447
>>37894492
Bret Contreras does indeed have a routine for advanced lifters but OP seems like she's a novice for writing up such a complicated routine for developing the biggest muscle of your body. Reading through Bret Contreras' routines, you'll start to notice that Bret always starts out with 12-15 reps before becoming strength focused by upping the weight and lowering the reps to 5-10. This lower-body routine also follows that principle, keep in mind this is a routine for week 1-4. Bret's routines uses the 12-week mesocycle method.
>>
Just squat lowbar
>>
>>37894562
Chill with the memes u dip
>>
>>37894492
If you believe that this week 1-4 routine is too easy for you, you'd be wrong. I started thus routine when I was an intermediate lifter and it act knocked the wind out of me. Don't underestimate high-reps-low-weight, 15x3x4 adds up real quick

And yes, you need to add resistance as you vecokr stronger and able to handle a bigger weight loads WHILE MAINTAINING GOOD FORM. I can't stress enough how good form is paramount

Don't listen to those who tell you to only squat and do variations of deadlifts. Squats are quadricep dominant and deadlifts are extremely taxing on the entire body

Always remember, lifting for strength is lifting to impress men. It's the only reason why PLG is a thing
>>
>>37894492
You are very welcome... Now post dat ass hoe...
>>
>>37894587
>>37894547
Well, I guess I'll just get the .pdf version of this book and follow it to the smallest detail. Thanks again for helping! I wish good gains to all of you.
>>
>>37894492
"I read somewhere on Bret's website that these actually do make you stronger and bigger, but not attractively so"
what broscience is that? :muscle grow or not the only diferrence in the pace , just stop when you have enought muscle ...
and you are a girl so you cant go in t_rex mode without ACTIVELY want to (roid or 15 hours trainnig /week ...)
>>
>>37894623
You seem overwhelmed, I hope you walk away with at least an idea of what to do instead of dropping the idea altogether. I'd hate to have Bret losing his shekels because I was too enthusiastic

Bret's advice on dieting is also important if you want absolute ideal results. Do not overate, especially do not overeat sugary foods. It's 80% diet and 20% exercise. There's no point to work a body that is fueled with shit for food.
>>
>>37894668
>just stop when you have enought muscle ...

THIS

FUCKING THIS

AND WHEN YOU COME BACK HERE TO /fit/ AND ASK FOR ADVICE. DONT LET THEM FUCKING TELL YOU TO BECOME BIGGER.

THEY ARE FUCKING PLAYING A JOKE ON YOU.

WOMEN DO NOT GET MORE ATTRACTIVE IF THEY GET BIGGER.

WE NORMAL LIFTERS/NORMAL PEOPLE DO NOT GET BIGGER BONERS IF WE SEE YOU BEING BIG.

NOT ALL OF US ARE HOMOSEXUALS HERE

IN 100% OF ALL CASES I WILL FIND A WOMAN TO BE MORE ATTRACTIVE IF SHE WAS JUST WELL CURVED AND SMOOTH.

NO BLOOD VEINS EITHER PLEASE. NO LOW BF FOR FEMALES BELOW 10%.
>>
>>37894500
shut up you DYEL, how does squatting make a woman's hips smaller or her shoulers broader?
>oh you're a woman, just do some bodyweight lunges!
this shitty advice is the reason women follow retarded instagram routines
>>
>>37894668
I think it means it'll give you muscles but not in the right places you dense one
>>
>>37894719
Insecure faggot detected
>>
OP Imma rescue this thread.

Get good at:
Sumo and/or conventional deadlifts
Romanian and/or stiff legged deadlifts
Any type of squat that you can get stronger at
Some sort of glute bridge/hip thrust style excerise

whilst eating sensibly ( bulking, if you're skinny or underweight)

while doing some sort of sensible core workout and cardiovascular a few times a week

And wait 6 months while being consistent and becoming as strong and proficient at which ever variations of these exercises work best for you

And you'll have made some decent lower body and booty gains

I promise

You'll know where to go from there.
>>
>>37894758
Dude I have seen how you give advice to women on this board. its fucking terrible. There are even rate your body threads where you congratulate a female on having male features like some roider male...

instagram routines would be ten times better than any kind of advice you fucks give to these poor females ever hoping to get anything useful out of this place.

I am afraid that I will keep on pestering and shitting on you as long as this keeps on happening. Unless a female equivalent of zyzz arises that knows her shit, I wont believe even that a single one of you is capable of giving out good advice to them.

Training the female physique is nothing like training the male one. I think that a different focus has to be made, where one tries to make firm muscles happen, while still maintaining some smooth curves.

Which is completely different from the male goal, that of lowering BF to just look more bulky and squary.

If you guys can manage to make a non homo woman sexual, rate your body thread where you shame the females who look like males. I might take you guys seriously. but until then I think it would be fair if most females avoided your advice.
>>
>>37894795
>variations of deadlifts
>squats
>only offered 2 glute-dominant exercises

Just like clockwork
>>
>>37894244
Overeating will make you fat
Fat hardly ever goes where you want it to go too.
>>
>girls arrives on /fit/
>on a board that is 98% filled with guys
>guys, not knowing that girls are different from guys give out advice like they give out to guys
>some girls start to look like guys in rate your body threads
>then some guys realize "hm, well perhaps women are different from men and need to do different things to "look good""
>"so uhm...they have asses that are supposed to look good, how do we make asses look good? Perhaps that may work with them?!"
>"yea! Squats! and uuugh...deadlifts...?ugh something something feels exercise for men #34?"

No you tards, just admit it that most of us probably dont know shit how to advice females on these things. I hate to admit it but since they are so few in number, I think that some of them, or some of us who are experts on female anatomy and sports should become tripfags to advice them.

Most of us also dont really care, but since we are not really /r9k/ here we arent really that hostile to them either. We just dont...care kek.
>>
>>37894913
Shut up.
This board is not 98% filled with guys.
Secondly, the people telling women to work out like guys and get six packs and the like ARE WOMEN and gay guys, and steroid/bodybuilding program shillers.

Up to a point, women can workout like men, but that point is about 3 months when it comes to strength/mass training because that's when the natural noob gains start to dry up for them and they have to start gaining real mass and losing fat.
>>
>>37894913
>female anatomy
kek
m8 females are just weaker versions of us
if you let a girl do something like
>squat variation
>diddly variation
>hip thrust
>negative chinups work up to normal reps
>band assisted dips work up to normal reps

she's gonna look good as fuck with some cardio on rest days
>>
>>37894913
To iterate on this, I kinda find it problematic. I have female family so I kinda want to help them as well with sports and exercises, but I am just completely empty on advice.

I learned so much how to help a guy on a male physique, that it feels kinda bad that I know almost nothing of the female one.

>cant advice on testosterone
>cant advice on diet (like the intermittent fasting)
>vegetarian diets are less harmful to females (because they need to eat less meat)
>HIIT probably not useful at all

I think that females are supposed to be more generic?

A man can fucking splerg out on testosterone and still look good, I hate to admit it but even cheating, getting twice as big as natty I think looks good, and there is culture, like greek gods that is supportive of that.

But a female has no female equivalent of that besides the "high test" thing where they have bigger asses and bigger tits.

but thats not trainable most of the time. You can only go so far if your hip bone is so large. There are no exercises to increase tit size either.

From what I see it is that females have no option in sports that much to become a much better version of themselves in the same way that men do.

A guy doing sports and all of these things can usually add a +2 on the attraction scale...but for a woman its going to be only a +1
>>
>>37894956
don't make it so hard on yourself
>testosterone
why is this relevant?
>diet
>surplus +200 or deficit -200, eat healthy with a little emphasis on protein
>HITT not useful
why? hiit is fantastic for fatloss
>From what I see it is that females have no option in sports that much to become a much better version of themselves in the same way that men do.
what are you talking about? female athletes dont want to become stronger and faster?
>>
>>37894939
>ARE WOMEN

so retards or clever women who want to remove competition. Why must they be so toxic to one another. We guys give good advice to eachother.

and the other groups I knew off that they were shit.

I think that some of us need to study on this topic a bit. Perhaps even ask around in the gyms (good excuse to talk to girls) to ask good looking women what they are doing to look good. It will even benefit some of us here if we can actually give out good advice, since we are not /r9k/ I think it could be interesting to get some more females here as long as they dont shit up things too much.
>>
>>37894972
Because testosterone is a muscle building thing. And even females without steroids can get it to such an unnatural high levels that they can become like guys, delayed puberty...even develop facial hair eventually...

Lowering BF and increasing muscle will do that exactly.

HIIT will also help in that.

So a general focus for a female would be to keep test a little bit supressed? But not entirely with cortisol but more in balance with estrogen?

Do we know if soy harms a female the same way it does to men? Are we supposed to understand how the pill works as well and how it affects them?

Do high estrogen levels impede women in some ways besides increase in cancers?

There are many different questions that arise for females specifically, from food, to exercise and more. Its a whole different world that needs to be delved in, and most of us dont want to because we are not female.

Yet since its a generic board for all and we dont want to give out bad advice, we still kinda need to know a bit about it.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.