[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I get over my embarrassment of going outside? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: running.jpg (182 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
182 KB, 1698x1131
How can I get over my embarrassment of going outside? I want to start running, but I don't really want my neighbors to see. I know that it's stupid, but how can I get over this?
I feel like I look stupid when I run.
I feel like people will think "wow what is this faggot trying to do"
I don't know why

I am fine with riding my bicycle or walking, but just not running/jogging.
>>
The only real answer? Just do it.

I have the same thing OP. I just do it anyway though. No other choice. It gets better after the first time.
>>
>>37893165
I was in the same boat as you. If you can, run early or late. Then once you have some decent cardio built up, you won't feel like a dildo stopping for rest breaks every 100 yards.
>>
>>37893183
>>37893176
Thanks for the input. I'll try running late at night, that sounds pretty nice. I had a feeling that I'd have to get used to it. I guess it's the same as everything, the first time is the hardest.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 640x640
>>37893165
330lb fat ham. I started running through the creek run track behind my apartment complex and desu I was in a different world altogether to even give a shit about anyone's opinion. Runner's high is one helluva drug m90
>>
>>37893165
>I feel like people will think "wow what is this faggot trying to do"
When you have that thought answer it with "yeah that is what this faggot is gonna do. You have a problem with it? Go fuck your self"
That is your own healthy sense of self assertion and over time it will grow and you'll become stronger and able to repel more criticism from both your self and the outside world. A most valuable skill to have.
>>
File: Untitled.png (279 KB, 471x266) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
279 KB, 471x266
>>37893205
I go early in the morning 4-5 am
the city is interesting at these hours
>old people working something in their yards
>young drunk/drugged people doing random shit
>thief gypsies thinking you are chasing them
>>
Literally nobody cares about you

You are insignificant

You are a smudge
>>
320 6'3 here and I just got a gym membership..... Doing 3 miles a day for the past 5 days. I was scared ,no lie , assuming everyone thinks "who's this fat fuck kidding" , but just do it man you're better yourself. I'm honestly still paranoid of the weight room and pool....
>>
>>37893165
I dealt with that anxiety by getting a treadmill.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>37893864
must. stay. in. comfort. zone.
>>
File: 1440047394986.jpg (101 KB, 845x634) Image search: [Google]
1440047394986.jpg
101 KB, 845x634
>>37893864
that's a lot of money to shell out to not look like a fag, but then when people see your treadmill they'll know for sure.
>>
>>37893165
Out of all the times in your life where you have seen someone running have you ever thought "wow what is this faggot trying to do"? Probably not and you're probably not special enough for anyone to think that about you.
>>
>>37893915
>implying anyone ever comes to my house and will see my treadmil
>>
>>37893916
I actively talk shit about every runner or jogger I see on the road, but it could just be me since I'm a douchebag.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (60 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
60 KB, 536x800
>>37893921
>>
>>37893165
>I feel like people will think "wow what is this faggot trying to do"

No they won't
They'll see you and continue thinking about the exact same thing they were thinking before they saw you
And they were not thinking about you
No one is thinking about you
No one even likes you OP
You're just about as important as a fucking maggot
>>
>>37893947
That's not true, if I ever see joggers or cyclists on the road I rev my straight piped ford diesel really hard, and the look on their faces is hilarious every time.
>>
>>37893854
when I see fatties in the gym making good progress, I actually have some respect for them

do you
>>
>>37893165
It really helps a lot if you have easy access to farms.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.