[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>m/20 years old >have never exercised >vegetarian since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: diabetes.jpg (322 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
diabetes.jpg
322 KB, 800x536
>m/20 years old
>have never exercised
>vegetarian since birth, but eat whatever i want, a ton of junk food (recently i've been eating more vegetables and fruits, but definitely not enough)
>always pretty skinny (6" and ~150lbs)
>recently gained noticeable weight in stomach area, thighs
>both parents have diabetes
>all 4 grandparents have diabetes

Can I save myself /fit/?
>>
>>37892112

Yes, I was skinny at 22 and weighed 170 lbs @ 6'2 and started lifting. Year and a half later I'm ~15% bf @ 210.
>>
>>37892139
I know I'll probably get saged for this, but how about with minimal effort on the exercising front? Can I do it with just cardio + eating right?
>>
>>37892152

Go lift weights. I did tons of cardio from the sports I played growing up and I feel and look significantly better now than I ever did. I still do cardio, just not as much.
>>
>>37892162
Okay.
Should I be gaining weight or losing weight?

My school has a pretty good gym. Can I just follow the sticky (http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html) for the weight exercises and be okay?
>>
>>37892254
bump for final questions
>>
>>37892112
>vegetarian since birth
There's your problem
>>
>>37893773
Not really. Depends on his diet, while meat is superior, being a vegetarian is not a bad thing. It's when you do autistic shit like vegan and not eating enough protein rich foods your body gets fucked

>>37892112
Are you a Pajeet op?
>>
>>37892112
Being vegetarian wouldn't significantly impact your glucose tolerance, especially when you eat junk refined carbohydrates and large portions of it.

Yes you can save yourself

No, go hard or go home. Also worth to check with your GP if you do have T2DM or IGT.

Cardio's fine but strength & resistance training is something you should look into for sure.

>gaining/vs losing weight
How old are you
Current body weight
Current height
>>
>>37892112
eat a steak instead of processed crap, turd.
>>
>>37893809
Yes, I'm Indian. I mostly eat Indian food, which depending on how you do it can have a ton of oil. Lately I've been eating more dhal (I believe it has protein, but I'm no nutritionist).

>>37893812
I'll ask my doctor the next time I visit, thanks.

I'm m/20, 150 lbs, 6 feet.
>>
>>37893851
(I drink milk but do not eat eggs)
>>
>>37892112
>>both parents have diabetes
>>all 4 grandparents have diabetes

proof that veganism is a meme.
>>
>>37893881
Do you really drink milk, or do you use it to make weird ass yogurt stuff or put tiny amounts of it in tea?

If you drink milk then drink more milk. That solves everything. Nothing for lactose intolerant people however.
>>
>>37894012
man i wish i was born pajeet. learned so many fucknig amazing recipes from pajeet friend parents. if you arent drinking milk tea, youre wrong
>>
>>37894012
I actually do drink a good amount of 2% milk. I also eat plain yogurt with rice frequently. Is there a better type of milk?
>>
>>37893851
Get off the oil, ghee, butter and eggs.
>>
>>37894027
>I actually do drink a good amount of 2% milk.
>I also eat plain yogurt frequently
Stop doing that then. Saturated fat causes diabetes
>>
>>37894048
>>37894012
>tfw one anon tells me to drink more milk and other tells me to drink less
>>
>>37893851
Stick to basmati rice for a lower GI option (the starches convert to sugar slower compared to standard white/brown rice, so better for blood sugar management)

Dhal has protein from the lentils. Some may argue it doesnt have a complete amino acid profile but really tho you should be fine, especially if you have things like yoghurt and eggs

Why would you want to lose weight? Likewise why do you wanna gain weight?

>>37894043
Whats wrong with eggs?
>>
>>37892112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
>>
See a doctor. They can tell if you're pre-diabetic
>>
>>37892112
Talk to your doctor, first and foremost. They'll take blood (a1c test) and maybe do a quick finger stick there and then. Might have you do fasted sugar checks.

Immediately begin not being a skinnyfat retard. You're pretty young for the beetus, but you won't be in ten years.

Cut down on fast digesting (simple) carbs like white bread, chips, white pasta. If it's a grain, it should be whole grain. Take as few steps from the tree or bush or cob or stalk as you can with your carbs. Natty is safe. But "organic" doesn't mean anything, on a side note.

The retard saying fats cause diabetes is wrong. Fats fine. Too many calories period makes you fat, though, which predisposes you to the beetus.

Start exercising. Most people are OK with just doing a sport or activity. To save time, you can just lift. Read the sticky.

Don't get fucking diabetes. There are enough blind, toeless, obese patients in my hospital as it is.
>>
>>37892112
Low carb high fat seems to be pretty efficient at stoping diabetes.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.