[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do these things work or are they just a big meme? My friend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: altitude training mask.jpg (171 KB, 1200x809) Image search: [Google]
altitude training mask.jpg
171 KB, 1200x809
Do these things work or are they just a big meme?

My friend insists they're awesome even though I've tried telling him all they do is make your lungs work harder, not more efficiently. There's no substitute for altitude training other than getting up there.
>>
>>37890490
They work just about as fucking smoking does
Its a meme, unless you wear them 24/7
>>
If people want lung gainz they should just work fucking harder. If you want to hammer your lungs and do half the work then these are for you.
>>
>>37890490
They are a complete and utter meme. It's not the same as altitude training and a quick Google search will prove that. Tell your friend to kill himself.
>>
>>37890490
they aren't a meme. they strengthen your diaphragm. thats what it is. resistance training for your diaphragm. you'd have to be an idiot to think it actually altitude trains
>>
>>37890625
They're literally marketed as a high altitude training mask. On their websites it says how it'll make your lungs more efficient. That's blatant lying
>>
>>37890636
yeah but its what it actually does, not what they say it does
>>
>>37890656
But the fact that they do none of the things they are marketed as doing is what makes it a meme. Athletes and retards at the gym don't buy them because they know "hey this isn't actually anything like high altitude training, but it still has its benefits!" They're buying it because they think it makes them look like a badass and because smart people tell them it has super duper mountain technology in it

That's what makes them a meme
>>
File: StrawRun.jpg (138 KB, 692x1037) Image search: [Google]
StrawRun.jpg
138 KB, 692x1037
the only thing that mask does is simulate Breathing Through a Straw.

and you gain NOTHING by doing that.

any one who wears them fell for the stupid bro science and is a retard.

this is the reason people think weight lifters are dumb, cause of shit like this.
>>
>>37890490
They don't do jack shit.
To gain the benefits of living at high altitudes (increased hemoglobin levels) would require those masks to be able to reduce the oxygen level in the air; the only way to do that right now is if the mask was an airtight and attached to an oxygen/nitrogen tank with a low oxygen level. All that mask does is exhaust your diaphragm and force your body to go into anaerobic training.

It won't improve your performance either in most sports since most sports are aerobic; to improve your peak aerobic performance you would have to be able to take in as much oxygen as possible while working your hardest, having this mask on would actually decrease your performance since you would be incapable of maintaining your aerobic state.

Training your diaphragm is pointless too, since your body actually uses several other muscles in during inspiration; most of these would wear out sooner than your diaphragm.

Tl;dr it's a meme training tool for gullible idiots incapable of thinking for themselves and believe everything that comes from someone in a position of "authority". Tell him to think for himself and stop being a fucking sheep.
>>
File: 4L_aGo6p5v4.jpg (30 KB, 960x635) Image search: [Google]
4L_aGo6p5v4.jpg
30 KB, 960x635
>>37890490
>By conditioning your lungs and creating pulmonary resistance, your diaphragm is strengthens, thereby making your lungs work harder.
>your diaphragm is strengthens
http://www.trainingmask.com

L2english
>>
>>37890849
so it can generate force, pushing air in and out of your lungs quicker, although that would be stopped by the mask in the first place?
nigga what
>>
>>37890861
IS STRENGHENS
>>
File: whydoeshewearthemask.jpg (48 KB, 720x725) Image search: [Google]
whydoeshewearthemask.jpg
48 KB, 720x725
>>37890490

Tell me about Bane.
>>
>>37890490
Your friend is retarded and should kill himself.
>>
i am god
>>
>>37890490
If you take that off, will hue huehue
>>
>>37890490
the question though is
why is he wearing the mask
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.