[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How fast is too fast when it comes to losing weight, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: py9NcxLb.jpg (6 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
py9NcxLb.jpg
6 KB, 160x160
How fast is too fast when it comes to losing weight, /fit/?

Two weeks ago I was 326 pounds (I'm 5'10 and male, 24 years old). All of a sudden I cut my calories to 1100 a day and started walking for 2-3 hours a day. In 14 days I've dropped 21 pounds. Obviously a lot of that was water weight but everyone's still yelling at me to slow down.

I don't care if I get loose skin, that ship sailed years ago. I just want to not look fat with a shirt on anymore and I want to not get visibly exhausted just walking around town. I'll get surgery a few years down the line if I decide I want to.

I've been taking fish oil and a multi every day. My diet is mainly chicken thighs, beans, veggies, fruit. I often feel hungry but otherwise fine, so far.
>>
>>37888277
You are somfat that there isnt really an unhealthy speed to lose weight at.

Your energy availability os craaaazy high so it is basically impossible for you to starve.

Just make sure you eat enough protein to maintain nitrogen balance, so your body eats its fat tissue, not lean mass.

For sure don't worry so much.

You will need to up the calories as the energy availability goes down.

Wont be a concern until sub 20% bodyfat
>>
>>37888277

This is to ofast and it will backfire. You will lose muscle. Your organism feels threatened by not much calorie intake and it will try to save fat. You should decrease your calories to 2800 imo with 1 hour fast walking or mediocre bicicle a day.

Add weight training to not maintain shaggy skin.

Focus on protein in diet because your organism needs lots of energy to destroy and recreate proteins based on its needs.

Good Luck , DONT STOP!
Comming from someone who was you once.
>>
>>37888310
Also, you should really start lifting.

T. Former obese fatty, sitting pretty at 16% body-fat,
>>
>>37888324

Missclick , 1800 calories.
>>
>>37888310
I am probably >45% body fat I bet

>>37888324
I've tried eating 1800 a day and the pace of weight loss is just...really weak, considering how much I have to lose
>>
>>37888324
Broscience.
Thermogenic adaptation is NOT a concern.

As long as you maintain nitrogen balance, your lean body tissue will mostly remain untouched.

If this truly is a concern, start lifting. You have enough energy availability to build muscle in an outrageous deficit.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U

Promoting muscle growth will change nutrient partioning and gene expression to reduce fat retention
>>
>>37888310
Is this true for a 250lb woman as well?
>>
>>37888374
Yeah.

Except 20% bf on a male is equivalent to like 25% or more on a female.

I don't know much about female bf %s to be honest.
>>
>>37888365

1500 , no less man, thats what a woman eats. considering the fact that you ll burn ~400-500 in an 1 hour mediocre pace cardio and idk how many more from lifting (im not talking about tryhard lifting, but trust me u ll end up liking it and you will tryhard) it shouldnt take you more than 6 months to lose most fat amount.
If you expect to lose all this fat in 3 months you are literally misled. Boy you ve been creating it for 24 years.
>>
>>37888392
Ok, roughly add 7% to bodyfat numbers you see being spouted for males,

>>37888399
Former obese here.
I am 16% bf with upper ab definition, and i cut on 1500. When i was fat, i ran 800-1200 kcals daily and felt fine, and made strength gains

Just eat lots of protein and fiber, and drink ALL the seltzer water.
>>
>>37888424
>and i cut on 1500
5'9 and 170lb, btw
>>
>>37888371

You seem to know your shiet far better than me. Can I ask something about 15% bodyfat or smthng ?
>>
>>37888277
good on you. Good job. Keep going.
>>
>>37888437
Ask away
>>
>>37888453

I ll most some pics Id like someone who knows his stuff to try and ifgure where my bodyfat% is around.
>>
>>37888516
Bf estimates are always unreliable, but i can help give you an idea
>>
File: MISSBDF3.jpg (89 KB, 711x555) Image search: [Google]
MISSBDF3.jpg
89 KB, 711x555
>>37888516

Here is frontview
>>
File: MISSBDF.jpg (52 KB, 479x353) Image search: [Google]
MISSBDF.jpg
52 KB, 479x353
>>37888516

Here is backview
>>
File: MISSBDF2.jpg (75 KB, 712x508) Image search: [Google]
MISSBDF2.jpg
75 KB, 712x508
>>37888516

And here is my worst . I have fat between the dick/ass and belly button area , idk how its called.

Also another quesiton apart from an idea of by bf% , Does this body look like the body of a 9 month gym going guy who started from nothing ? ( was fat , first became really skinny then started lifting 9 months ago)
>>
>>37888544

Im not into test or horm stuff or any drugs to accelerate my muscle growth. Hell Im not even into whey protein. I prefer eating extra food ( a yogurt instead of a scoop) and its probably the reason this few fat wont go away despite so much cardio.
>>
>>37888554
16-18%

And i would have guessed 4-6 months progres.

Did you lift the whole time you were cutting?
>>
>>37888635
Replace your aerobic cardio with anaerobic cardio.

I guaruntee your stubborn fat will get less stubborn.

Prbably dont even need to eat less calories
>>
>>37888277
You have to let your metabolism catch up- otherwise your body thinks it a "famine" and will hold onto every calorie for dear life and you'll balloon back up.

This is the reason why so-called "yo yo" diets are profitable to sell to demotivated, middle aged women who are constantly on one diet plan or another.

Count your calories, 1100 is too low for anyone. Walk less. That's right, you need a cardio program that elevates your heart rate to something like 150 bpm and sustains it for 20 or 30 minutes every-other-day.

You're unhealthy. Pushing yourself this hard will just kill you. Make a long term one year plan and fucking stick to it. If you get injured, like a knee injury with your excess weight you could develop long term problems like lymphedema and you're FUCKED then.

I like "myfitness pal", an app, because it's really stupid easy to use and it lets you track your progress.

Pic related. It's lymphedema. They'll have to put you in two coffins.
>>
>>37888759
Walking is GOAT.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Them and burpees
>>
>>37888759
I've only recently started seeing photos of this condition. What really causes it and how is it treated?
>>
>>37888365
>I've tried eating 1800 a day and the pace of weight loss is just...really weak, considering how much I have to lose
you should have a goal to lose about 2 pounds a week. And it'll go in jumps and stops. 2 pounds a week means 104 pounds in a year.

That's much healthier and realistic.
>>
>>37888781
>burpees
https://a.pomf.cat/uyuwms.pdf
>Villain Challenge #1 (which can be seen on strengthvillain.com along with the other villain challenges) involves being able to complete 100 burpees in five minutes. This is no easy task, as anyone who has ever tried it will tell you. The interesting part is the simple correlation between body fat percentages and one’s ability to perform this task, read:

>I have never seen someone complete this task that was unsatisfied with his or her body composition.

>Does this mean that one can simply diet their body fat down and they will magically be able to knock this challenge out, or that someone with a naturally low body fat percentage will have little difficulty in nailing this?
>No.
>What it does mean is that if someone sets out to achieve this goal, and trains for it specifically, , they will invariably end up happy with their body composition on the day that they knock out this challenge.
>Am I saying that the burpees themselves are magic, and that they incinerate fat when done for a few seconds every day?
>No, I’m not. In fact, I’m not making any claims as to the efficacy of the burpee for fat loss. All I am saying is:

>I have never seen someone complete this task that was unsatisfied with his or her body composition.

>This ties in with the question I often pose to people “How many chubby 11 second 100m dash sprinters do you see?”
>>
>>37888277
First, figure out your current TDEE.
Second, keep yourself on a strict diet, 2 maintenance days per week at that TDEE. Stay at 1100 calories if you want, that shit matters little, there is no such thing as starvation mode until you get below a certain body fat. YOU CAN NOT STORE CALORIES YOU ARE NOT EATING.
The maintenance days are for health, just because you can eat extra calories that day doesn't mean you can eat like a fucking pig. Those days are for having a diverse diet that is abundant in macros and micros.
Third, any exercise is good, being active is good. If you're confident in walking keep doing it. Physical activity is the portion you don't want to rush. Your body is in horrible shape, you can cause serious injury to it. Take your time and feel out everything. If you start lifting don't jump to the heaviest weight you can. Don't start trying to run on a whim.
If you feel you want to kick it up, try a low impact exercise that is comparable to what you want to do first.
>>
>>37888795
you can get lymphedema from a scratch other other injury on your arm or leg. It makes your lymph nodes freak out and retain water in the limb.

It's common among really fat people who don't take care of themselves. Other people are cancer survivors who had their lymph nodes damaged during treatment and surgery.

The reason why I mention it is there is no cure and if you want to escape the fat, lymphedema will trap you FOREVER. Imagine working out with a giant swollen leg.

>>37888781
I'm not saying walking doesn't help. But he's heavy and doesn't need a knee injury. He needs to work up to walking 2-3 hours a day. He can get a lot more done with less.

He needs low-impact cardio. His knees and hips are holding a lot of weight and until he loses some of that weight I wouldn't push it.
>>
>>37888663

I havent been cutting ever. Low sets 10x as much weight as I can get.

A friend lifter sais my hands/abs/feet(not seen in pics)/and especially back seem fine for a 9 month lifting. Its chest I cant grow more for some reason. I m stuck in bar + 40kg in bench press idk why.

Also friends and gymnast say I should be eating more and not have a fear that I ll become fat again. Thats probably something keeping me behind. Thanks Anon <3
>>
>>37888682

Thank you Anon I ll google that!
>>
>>37888928

Ιf you mean while I got skinny from fat , no that s like 4 years ago, just some cardio (static bike at home).
>>
PSA: cantaloupes are like 300 calories a melon.
>>
>>37888277
there's no such thing as too fast. stop looking for an excuse to stuff your face you fat fuck.
>>
If you aim for a 4lb pound weight loss each week for 12 weeks it is aggressive and you will see good gains borderline hopefully good enough rate for your body to keep up with. You need to count your macros not calories. You should be eating more than 1100 cals a day bro otherwise your metabolism slows down. Best of luck!
>>
I'm kind of in OP's position. I'm 6' and I was 205 lbs. beginning in May. Started dieting. Now I'm 166. Also eat tons of protein and work out.

Am I good? Feel like I look like shit but I don't know, I'm not used to looking and feeling like this.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.