[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this even allowed? It's a fucking IPF, not a loc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot 2016-07-11 21-21-36.jpg (52 KB, 635x357) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-07-11 21-21-36.jpg
52 KB, 635x357
Why is this even allowed? It's a fucking IPF, not a local high-school powerlifting meet in some shithole, and literal kids are expected to carry 100+ kilos evenly.

Why can't they afford jacked spotters?

https://youtu.be/M-52g--ypjA
>>
>>37887314
because powerlifting is a joke and not a real sport
>>
>>37887314
>competing without safety chains

Nope.
>>
>>37887314
USAPL is a lolfed, the problem isn't IPF it's USAPL. Though they do have lots of individually strong lifters and such, as an organization they're lacking severely.
>>
Because the director is a dick, probably didn't want to spend money or whatever and thought 3-4 teens would do the job as if nothing wrong was going to happen.
>>
>>37887314
I've seen that video and I'm absolutely disgusted they would let a12 year old skeleton spot a full grown man. The kid didn't even have the strength to lift one side. If i was competing i would have refused to lift. Once they see the kid is struggling men come running to help but if they were there why weren't they the ones to spot.
>>
>>37887379
Dickhead, this was all IPF. USAPL is actually doing a good job in many places, Wisconsin being one of them.

This happened because it was RAW and they no longer really give a shit about unequipped events because they're pulling better adrev from geared events, period.

This was inexcusable.
>>
>>37887898
No, it is the host nation, and thus USAPL's responsibility.

The problem is that USAPL largely lacks the club structure found in other countries. In USAPL, a lot of people train completely alone and then just sign up for meets, in other countries, you join a club and thus get lots of experience spotting others and training etc. Most clubs also tend to have classes teaching you how to spot.
>>
>>37887924

o.O
>>
>>37887924
>clearly IPF
>blames someone else

Ok.
>>
>>37888082
You clearly don't understand how this works.

Last year all spotters were finnish for example, because then it was the finnish powerlifting federation hosting. This year it was all USAPL, this is how it works. The host federation takes care of everything.
>>
>>37888116

No, YOU don't understand.

Just because they were "AMERICANS" doesn't mean they were USAPL.

JFC You're either seriously retarded or trolling so I'm done with you.
>>
>>37888239
Considering they literally can't compete IPF if they're not USAPL I don't see what else they are, unless you mean USAPL somehow got a bunch of normies off the street to spot which would be irredeemably stupid anyway.
>>
>>37888254
Not the guy you were talking to, but it looks like they did. Have you seen these people? They were some randoms.
>>
>>37888254
>unless you mean USAPL somehow got a bunch of normies off the street to spot which would be irredeemably stupid anyway.
Have you even watched the video? The entire point of the video is that it looks like they literally did this.
>>
>>37887314
wow that's fucking sad

The little 50kilo 16 year old spotting... what the actual fuc?
>>
>>37887314
HOLY FUCK

The one at 3:30

god fucking damn what the fuck
>>
File: rlyfgt.jpg (36 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
rlyfgt.jpg
36 KB, 400x300
>>37887314
What the fuck.
>>
>>37887314
>Why can't they afford jacked spotters?
They're volunteers. They get a t shirt.
>>
>>37887314
oh man this is awful
>>
>>37887314

lmao nice "sport" you got there powerlifters
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.