[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biohacking conversation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
What biohacks have people been on?

Interested specifically in brain hacks like Modafinil or diet hacks like Bullet Diet or Soylent.

Weight loss plateaued for me at 260 and I suffer from massive daytime fatigue at work (webdev), so I'm researching ways to improve.
>>
>>37884881
>massive daytime fatigue
this is your primary problem, you need to fix your sleep hygiene first and foremost. once you get your energy level up, your activity level goes up, and you can put more effort into meal planning and cooking. there are loads of resources online about sleep hygiene, but I'd recommend getting tested for apnea first, especially since you are overweight
>>
>>37884909
Have been tested already, negative for apnea.

Additionally, I am hypothyroid and am on meds for that. Should also note that I've been on restricted calorie (1500-1800/day) paleo-esque diet for two months and have only lost 8#, with my plateau being the last two weeks, and the afternoon "fuzz" becoming more intense after the plateau.
>>
>>37885011

~1lb/week is pretty good tbqph family. just keep it up.

Modafinil is pretty good at what it does, providing wakefulness, and allowing you to focus. You need to choose what to focus on though, if you decide to post on an Azerbaijani charcoal burning newsletter, then you'll be shitposting all day long.
>>
>>37885011
Try all of these to solve your fatigue:

Eat foods that are high volume, low calorie - things with lots of fiber, for example. It's really hard to eat 2000 calories of apples, but it's really easy to eat 2000 calories of french fries or pizza.

Only drink water and drink tons of it. You'll pee a lot in the beginning as your body adjusts but soon you'll be drinking tons of water. If you're tired, chug down a bottle of water. It's super convenient to have one bottle of water. Also saves you time on washing cups since you won't be using as many.

Sleep regularly. Eat your last meal of the day at least three hours before you go to sleep. If you find you have hunger pangs to the point where you can't sleep, a little snack is okay but don't overdo it.
>>
File: lea044RWL_304931001.jpg (727 KB, 1999x3000) Image search: [Google]
lea044RWL_304931001.jpg
727 KB, 1999x3000
>>37884881
Hey.

I was 310 lbs at my heaviest, I'm around 237 right now.

There are no cheats when it comes to health and weight loss. Crash diets, weird shit like soylent or liquid diets are unsustainable and while they may help in cutting weight quickly, you'll be miserable and the weight will come back.

The only way you can lose weight and keep it off is diet and exercise. Unfucking your diet and giving your body a reason to sleep via exercise will also help you have better sleeps.

I'd be leery of drugs. They typically take from you what they give in some form or another. I'm a coffee drinker, on days I work out I typically have a bunch of coffee and on rest days/work I'll have very little. This often results in headaches, but it's the price you pay.

>Weight loss plateaued for me at 260 and I suffer from massive daytime fatigue at work (webdev), so I'm researching ways to improve.

Coffee. Multivitamins. Good sleep. Cardio. Lifting. Good food.

Drugs are unsustainable and will fuck you over eventually.
>>
READ THE STICKY FATASS

you don't need to 'biohack'
>>
>>37887422

Whoa there, don't go casting dispersions on Soylent. That shit delivers what it promises. A balanced and sustainable 2000 Cal per bag. I find the only thing that can make it hard to sustain is the lack of flavor, but you really do feel great on it.
>>
Here's some bio hack for you.
>>
>>37884881
God dammit this is so stupid

Just drink a cup of coffee in the morning, eat healthy food, and sleep seven hours a night.

>hurr durr biohaxx b/c i'm a tech guy and I like shortcuts life is basically neopets

Keep losing weight by eating less and going to the gym. Tech bubble can't burst soon enough.
>>
>>37887422
>diets dont work
>only thing that works is DIET and exercise
nigga pls
>>37884881
>Bullet anything
>listening to anything dave asprey has to say about anything ever
how about no
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.