[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oi lads, What's the general consensus on sugar when bulking?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Oi lads,

What's the general consensus on sugar when bulking?

Recovering skelly here

Am having a hard time clean bulking (not really gaining any proper weight) and throwing in some sugary food would definetly help.

Good idea or will it just make me fat and diabetic?

May as well munch on some nuts or something if it is not okay
>>
sugar is bad for you. drink some milk
>>
sugar makes you fat, but fuller

BUT

if you were able to eat as much calories in protein instead of carb/sugar, then you will be better off doing so for maximum muscle gains.
>>
do you even, OP?

https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2010/testosteronedecreasesafteringestionofsugar
>>
>>37884387
your pic related makes me kinda sick desu, but generally a bit of sugar won't mean the end of the world, especially if you're on a bulk, but there are other alternatives to kickstart a bulk, try adding stuff like nuts, oats or peanut butter into your protein shake, instantly a caloric bomb, make your shakes with milk, and try to up your milk intake (not GOMAD levels, but maybe LiterOMAD)
TL;DR EAT MOAR
>>
Fugg I think I'll pass on becoming fat and low test

Alright fatty foods it is then

Thanks for the help brehs
>>
>>37884387
Eat more fats. Especially animal fats. They're very dense in calories and have high omega 3 concentrations so your arteries don't become weak. Just don't eat sugar with it because then the sugar complexes with proteins that harm the arterial wall causing fats to get stuck in the inflammation. So no, sugar is awful
>>
>>37884387
Sugar does not contribute toward obesity or diabetes.

Fat, especially saturated fat, causes obesity and diabetes. Not just long-term, but it can induce prediabetes in 4 weeks.

The foods you posted in your image are HIGH-FAT foods, high-saturated-fat foods, not fucking sugary foods. Yes a fucking donut and cookie will give you diabetes because they are 50+% calories from fat and usually made with butter and dairy fat which is 66% saturated.

Here's what actual sugary foods are: Dried fruits, fresh fruits, zero-fat candy, wine gum, refined sugar, honey, maple syrup.

Yes, you should consume sugar if you want to gain weight but fail to meet your calorie goal. No you should not up your fat intake, unless you desperately want chronic illness and early death.

>>37884434
Fucking idiot.
Maybe watch the documentary Sugar vs.Fat, since any actual science will probably be too much for you. It's just two identical twins going on high-fat and high-sugar diet respectively, the high-fat guy is borderline diabetic after one month, the high-sugar guy improved his blood panel
>>
>>37884490
>Sugar does not contribute toward obesity or diabetes.

Oh god its this vegan fag again. Thanks for the chuckle from your insanity though.
>>
>>37884490
TIL Olive/Coconut oil are unhealthy, but refined cane/beet sugar are A-OK
>>
>>37885401
I am not vegan, I eat animal products most days.

If you have a single well-designed interventional/metabolic ward study that shows people developing diabetes or prediabetes in response to a high-sugar diet, show it to me. I have plenty of studies that show fatties recovering from prediabetes on high-sugar low-fat diets. Go on then.

>>37885467
I love the self-righteous sarcasm in this post. Refined sugar does not have any negative effects on human physiology and there is no good reason why it should. Being completely sheltered from research science on high-sugar diets and deriving all your knowledge from Men's Health is not the best place to start when attempting to use sarcasm. All you basically said "wow, this guy disagrees with me, therefore he's wrong". Good going fatty
>>
>>37884387
Added sugar should be avoided. Natural sugar, like in fruit or milk, is fine. I'd suggest concentrating on getting more fatty foods into your diet instead of sugar. Fats have more nutrients in them vs. Sugar. If you're really trying, just add cream to Smoothies, soups or whatever. Creams is gold standard for bulking
>>
>>37885580
>I have plenty of herpaderp

ok, show us 5.
>>
File: 1467385497752.gif (1 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1467385497752.gif
1 MB, 245x200
>>37885580
>I am not vegan, I eat animal products most days.

Whatever you say you delusional fuckwit. Nobody is buying your shit.
>>
>>37884387

if by sugar, you mean granulated sugar or corn syrup, sugar is always terrible for you and the only thing worse is alcohol. milk has sugar, lactose, which is fine. high carbohydrate foods contribute glucose, which is fine. cellulose is an additive, which is a sugar but isn't digestible, which is fine. corn syrup, fruit, fruit juice, and table sugar have fructose, which fucks with your heart, liver, and insulin.
>>
>>37884387
It's fine. kcals and macros matter more.

fructose tends tocause fatty lover if consumed past what's needed to replenish glycogen, though.
>>
>>37884387
You can eat anything you want when bulking
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.