[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/QTDDTOT/ - Questions that dont deserve their own thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: what is life.png (318 KB, 887x485) Image search: [Google]
what is life.png
318 KB, 887x485
Read the Sticky and ask all questions ITT
>>
Have slight Pectus Excavatum (don't google it, you'll get horrific results).

Anyway, I've got a case of flared ribs.
What do?
>>
how big to get beefore getting gf
>>
i like doing my exercises like this

squat
bench
back
squat
bench
back

as compared to

squatx5
benchx5
backx5

is there a benefit in doing these exercises one way vs the other?
>>37884345
my friend has that. i mean unless it fucks up your lifts/life "get over it". if it really bothers you itll probably need surgery or something
>>
>>37884321

Might aswell ask here too since the thread is going pretty slowly:

Are there any good videos/instructions on how to improve bench & benchform?

>>37882054 related to my problems.

Also should I expect that the weight I can lift will surely decrease while cutting with a 500deficit or am I sure to hold the amount while doing it?
>>
what is the ideal rep/set range for maximum STRENGTH gains?

Im doing a hypertrophy workout but im not trying to increase chest size so i figured why not have big bench numbers?
>>
>>37884321
is 5x5 basically a meme?
is fully body 2 times a week a meme?
>>
>>37884420
1x5
or
10 / 5 x 3
I'd imagine
>>
I've been doing the linear PPL from Reddit for 10 weeks now, two weeks until I shake up my routine.

Should I just keep trucking along on the PPL or should I try something new?

I have gotten good gains from PPL but i've heard that switching up your program isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>37884420
So you think you can have a small chest while benching 225 or 300 for reps ?
>>
>>37884420
that's not how it works. unless you're a beginner you can't get away with merely doing a specific number of setsxreps. all good intermediate and above routines use some form of periodization. there are a million ways to do that
>>
File: 918259185911.png (17 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
918259185911.png
17 KB, 900x900
Doing icf 5x5 - do you increase the workload for each exercise every week, or every workout? My second day of working out was today, and I could not manage to lift more on my bench than what I lifted on day one, but I was able to add some weight to my squats.
>>
Is EC stack actually safe? I just talked to my doctor and asked him if it was okay and he said it would narrow blood arteries and potentially cause further complications that would land me in ER with the conculsion that I should definitely stay away from it. Am I being rused? Even if that's the case I've got no idea where to get epidrephine now, since I can't get it from my doctor. What do?
>>
>>37884378
I do the same , in order to maximize my time. It works just fine.
I think the problem could be if you take a fuck-ton of time in between
>>
How often does fit shampoo their hair? I was told that washing too much will dry it out.

I do it once a week
>>
File: 1467631203251.jpg (155 KB, 1023x1280) Image search: [Google]
1467631203251.jpg
155 KB, 1023x1280
I'm starting to feel some pain in my right shoulder while benching. I read that it may be caused by weak rotator cuff muscles. What exercises should I do to strengthen those? Also should I stop benching for a while?
>>
>>37884439
No
YES
>>
>>37884808
Who is this weenie houdini?
>>
>>37884321
Is 80/115/115/165 ok for a month of SL 5X5? OHP/Bench/Squat/DL

What are some good goals to shoot for before switching programs?
>>
SS is just a meme? Can someone link me some good video on proper ss form?
>>
>>37884953
depends on you
if you started real fat and/or a labourer or a sports person maybe not, but as an inactive skelly probably.

until you continually stall

Just go ahead and read the whole website its worth it
>>
File: skinny-legs-men-2.jpg (69 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
skinny-legs-men-2.jpg
69 KB, 500x667
I started SL 2 weeks ago. I am 23yo, 6ft 1.5 and 216lbs. I used to do terrible bro split routines with dumbells at home on and off from the ages of 16-20. I never played sports.

My squat bothers me, it is really weak compared to everything else.
These are all for 5x5;
SQ 75lb
BP 95lb
DL 225lb
OHP 75lb
ROW 135lb

Well the lifts proportion themselves better over time? Does my weight have something to do with it? (I am on a defecit and have been losing weight gradually over the last month).
>>
>>37884808
facepulls
>>
I'm going for the first time today or tomorrow. I'm aiming to do full body 3 days a week, I think.

Should I just do the bar this week?

I don't know if they allow deadlifting - I've heard some gold's gyms do not. If not, should I try to get out of my contract immediately?

I'm assuming that if they do allow deadlifts, I will want to start with more than the bar.. seems it will hard to do proper form on that one without a little weight.
>>
>>37884976
The answer is simple- squat more.
>>
>>37884953
Ur OHP is super high compared to the rest of ur lifts senpai
>>
>>37885016
T-thanks
I really don't know why desu
>>
>>37884953
Fine! Just try to beat the person you were last week.
You should at least get to 1/2/3/4pl8 before you switch.
>>
File: 1462762559055.jpg (54 KB, 1016x568) Image search: [Google]
1462762559055.jpg
54 KB, 1016x568
I have two question

I suffer from hypotension and tachycardia. Could you suggest me resources on cardio?

And Often when I extend my limbs or flex I make my joints crack how do I fix myself

Thank you
>>
fucked my wrists up n doc said not to train for 2weeks

what do?
>>
Why are the sample diets in the sticky such complete bullshit?
>eat 1.5+ g protein per lb bodyweight while cutting
Is it just extremely outdated or is the mod retarded?
>>
>>37885175
Train and fuck up your wrists further
>>
I got a mild case of achilles tendonitis. At first the tendon felt stiff and a little prickly put it went away as a walked. Then later it started to burn a little so i took a week off to be safe. The only time it hurt was when i was forced to walk about a half mile then it started to burn a good bit. But that was last week. Now it hasnt hurt ever since that insident.(about 5-6 days ago i think). The injury is almost definitly from over use (going from a 50 mile week to a 100 mile week on my bike). So my question is: when can i tell when im ready to start training again?
>>
>>37885205
Both
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/apr/protein.htm
>>
>>37885205
???
>There are a number of myths floating around about protein, so let me try to clear some of them up. First of all, no, it isn't bad for you or your kidneys[1][2][3][4]. You want around one gram per pound of bodyweight worth of protein (e.g. if you weigh 150lbs, eat 150g protein. If you get a little less, it won't matter, but 1g/lb of bodyweight is a good rule of thumb)[1] [2] [3] [4][5].

where do you see "1.5+ g"?
>>
>>37885243
Second post in the sticky.
>>17018637
>>
>>37885208
ty
>>
>>37885266
ah, then yeah, he's retarded. not really what people are referring to when talking about reading the sticky, though.
>>
File: AMvFjd4.png (271 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
AMvFjd4.png
271 KB, 1500x1500
Do you guys still stand by this?
>>
>>37884321
Might make a thread about this, see what responses I get.

I've been lifting for about a year, with no real breaks to speak of. I'm currently on sean10mm modified version of SS (the one linked in the sticky), and I'm feeling really damn happy with my results, esp in the last 3 or so months. My 3x5 lifts currently stand at 330lb Squat, 375lb DL, 215lb Bench, 145lb OHP. (So my compounds are either a little over, or under 1/2/3/4pl8). On top of some nice weighted dips and chins progress.

The last few weeks I've started feeling rather fatigued. My lifts have been slowing down, stalling here and there, which is something I'd expect at this stage, but I'm generally feeling achey, my lower back feels stiff, my grip feels weaker and uncomfortable, and I went in today and I was just weak as fuck. The usual shit, diet, rest etc are all on point. I don't really know how to approach this, a lifting buddy of mine told me to just take the damn week off and deload, making the point that after the past few months my joints/tendons and mental focus could probably do with a refresher. I've always understood fatigue as requiring a massive cup of man the fuck up, and usually I'm able to push myself through a shitty workout but I truely feel burned out.

Any anons been through this? Did you take a week off? Deload? If I do rest, how should I come back to lifting the week after, what could I expect?
>>
>>37884571
a-anybody?
>>
how do i force myself to sleep on time? Im a college student and i just cant seem to do it, i usually end up going to bed at 2 in the morning.
>>
>>37884808
Bench lighter pham.
>>
>>37885297
>core compound lifts
>bunch of retard accessories
forwhatpurpose.jpg
>>
>>37884571
im about a month in on this one and i started off light because i dont have a spotter or anything so i dont want to go to heavy....i have been adding about 10lbs per workout, but now for squats and bench i have started adding 5....try to add 5 per workout at least, if fail to complete all the reps for 2 consective workouts (so you cant do the last set of squats for 2 workout) he said to reduce the weight by like 30% or some shit and then work your way back up...
>>
Guys, I think I became low test faggot. How can I get my blood tested for the testosterone?
>>
>>37885563
other than calf raises it's not that bad desu
>>
>>37885443
Try doing cardio during the day to tire you out
Maybe try meditation?
Dont use screens within a hour of ur desired bedtime
Dont eat to close to bedtime
Dont drink anything sugary or with caffeine before bed
Wake up earlier

>>37885297
Personally no. Its better to change your work out everytime u lift. Its all about consistency working out and throwing your body curveball workouts. Basically. If youre not sore (like really sore) the day after a workout u need to change things up. (Google lee haywards 12 week program, i got some impressive gains with that program before i stopped lifting)

>>37885175
Listen to doc ffs. U wont lose any muscle in 2 weeks. Maybe just to only legs for two weeks. Who cares? Muscle takes a LONG time to build so it makes sense that it takes a LONG time to lose

>>37885153
My track coach in hs said that was because air bubbles get trapped in you joints(?) or something as the result of injuries and they never go away. Also said they dont do anything untill ur olderbamd they may develop into arthritis

>>37884986
Do the amount of weight you think youll be able to do your number of reps and sets with. No one can judge just how string youll be on ur first time

>>37884761
If youre a guy you should feel bad about asking this.

>>37884607
>steroids
>safe
But are u going to let a trip to the ER stop u from getting sick gains?

>>37884439
It depends what your goals are. If i want to drown then breathing is a meme. If i want to have sex then 4chan is a meme etc...

>>37884352
Personality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else

>>37884451
Switch it up. Gotta shock the body
>>
>>37885657
doctor

>>37885443
>blue light filters on electronic devices
>don't do engaging activities an hour before bed e.g. playing a game
>cut out caffeine 4 hours before bed, including soft drinks
>attempt to go to bed same time every day
this was enough to help me

>>37885309
if you've not deloaded at all during your progression then you should definitely take 10-15% off all lifts and progress back up; you're showing early signs of overreaching (which is fine and expected)

if you have already deloaded/after this deload you should go to an intermediate programme such as TM if you enjoyed SS
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 314x280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 314x280
>>37884321
Having slight nip puff and sensitivity, I think it is increased prolactin. I've been running SARMS plus arimistane, will my pct make my levels normal?
>>
>>37885724
>doctor
Which one? Can I cut the middleman?
>>
>>37885758
it depends on where you're at, I'm no expert though.

in UK as I'm aware, you can just go to your gp and complain about some symptoms of low test and push for a blood test
>>
>>37885792
I'm in the US. Don't want to waste time and money on the doctor. I though maybe I could go to the test lab directly
>>
I got gyno and now I'm trying to get my shit straight
Do testosterone boosters and gynexin work or are they bullshit? I could do to cut but I think I'm just going to go into novice strength training and cut after.
>>
I've been on a plateau at a 480 lb squat and 315 lb bench for about 5 months.
What can help me break it?
>>
>>37886000
>do an appropriate routine for your level of progression
>ensure diet and sleep is in order

or you can take some sweet bcaa's I heard that shit is cash and fixes everything
>>
>>37884321
I have a weird mild pain to the right side of my abdomen and bit below belly button, sometimes it randomly pops up and this has been happening for some weeks now
anything to worry bout?
>>
how come legs are so easy to put on muscle? All i did was squats and I guess deadlifts? and the fuckers grew like crazy, and no hypertrophy all strength
>>
>>37885696
/r/ing muscle confusion copypasta
>>
File: TheyWillMakeUsPayForThis.gif (3 MB, 371x365) Image search: [Google]
TheyWillMakeUsPayForThis.gif
3 MB, 371x365
>>37885854
Anyone?
>>
>>37885648
thanks
>>
>>37884451

3 months isn't shit. Unless it's getting boring I would stay on the program.
>>
>>37886343
Heavy weights are possibe and legs have many muscle groups and tey are naturally large
>>
File: 1458163500497.jpg (29 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
1458163500497.jpg
29 KB, 480x318
>>37884321
curling gives me a sharp pain along my bone in both arms. wearing wrist wraps makes it not hurt.
what do
>>
>>37884321
been doing park reg's beginner for a few months, making steady gains

decided to up my training regime a few weeks ago, now do the routines for gym on monday wednesday and friday, while on tuesday thursday and saturday i do either 6k running or muay thai training for cardio. sunday is rest day

basically that was going ok for a while but now im starting to get nauseous after i gym and i cant put as muhc energy in cardio as before.

am i just doing too muhc and my body cant handle it? or do i need to eat more?
>>
Asked in last thread but lost it. Are soybeans really that bad for men? Seem like a great carb with high protein and nutrients.
>>
I'm new to watching what I eat/macros. I've hit all my macros for the day but I still have 1,795 calories left for the day? What do I do in this situation?

I use myfitnesspal to track everything
>>
>>37886750
As long as it isn't making up the majority of your diet, there's no real problem there.
Only trannies, traps, and insecure faggots care about their hormones.
>>
File: 1443740062607.jpg (70 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1443740062607.jpg
70 KB, 720x960
Will getting a gf really make me happy or will I just continue being a sad cunt?
>>
>>37886782

You haven't hit all your macros if you haven't hit your calories lol
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
tried making my own thread but I guess that was dumb:

It's been a year of lifting Psh/Pll/Lgs
I haven't gotten stronger at all.
My muscles continue to fail after the first set of anything.
I'm eating over 2000 cals a day, eating almost my bodyweight in protein, and not even getting fat. So it must be going somewhere?

I kinda need some guidance from a /fit/izen right now.

Example: I've benched a shitty 95lbs from the start. Today, if I even try 105 or more, my chest locks, and all other sets that day drop to 45 lbs MAX. Same goes for incline. Same goes for flys. I can't remember how many times I've dropped the bar on myself and had someone come pull it off me and show me good form, only to drop it again 2 days later.

This is making me want to quit lifting altogether, but I know that's not what I really want. I'm just very discouraged. I'm also running 20 mins before and 20 mins after my lifts, but that's not hard.

I don't even know what I'm asking from /fit/ desu, I'm just out of ideas and out of friends and out of motivation.
>>
>>37886782
If you're cutting, congrats. Chug water to make the hunger go away.
If you're bulking, eat whatever the fuck you want. You hit your macros, just don't go overboard.
>>
>>37885724
What blue light filter app do you use? For your phone and computer.
>>
>>37886875
Phone: Twilight
PC: F.lux
>>
>>37886875
f.lux for computer
twilight for phone

don't play vidja late at night. It'll just make it harder to sleep.
>>
Best guide on snatch?
>>
Are dried fruits bad for cutting?
>>
>>37886852
Thanks, I've heard two different things but ill go with yours. Still don't completely understand how I hit my percentages with only 845 cal
>>
File: IMG_20160711_185723_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_185723_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 2340x4160
I have this pretty heavy case of athletes foot. Ive got antifungal treatments, but what do you fags suggest I do to help get rid of it? Pic related.
>>
>>37886934
well what did you eat?
>>
>>37886846
Hey guy, heads up.

two things:

1. Get a medical check; Vitamin d, testosterone etc.
Magnesium, creatine, vitamin D3, Fish oil

How is your sex drive?

2. Try another programm
easy strength f.e.

For more help, we need more infos

How tall, how much you weigh, whats your routine etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 220x220
Hey /fit/izens, this may be a better question to be asked in the /fraud/ general but I'm going to try here first

>M-Drol
My coworker got his hands on some and wants me to do a cycle with him. First of all, the potential side effects scare the fuck out of me. He has tried to ease my concerns by conducting research on precycle and post cycle products will be taken. We have been discussing and planning this for several weeks now and I finally caved in and agreed to do it. How bad did I just fuck up brahs?
>>
I'm starting SS today and there is one last concern I have and that's about doing High bar or Low bar squats. All my research points to one direction: it really doesn't matter. But the SS program seem imply the Low bar squats (from pictures and videos). I've only ever done high bar squats. If that is what I feel more comfortable with, can I start the program with High bar and at a later point test out Low bar, or do I have to be consistent all the way through?

Thank you in advance!
>>
>>37886671
you need more recovery.

More/Better eating
More/Better sleep
More/Better other recovery
>>
>>37884345
Is it deep enough to eat cereal out of?
>>
>>37886943
Saltwater foot baths.
>>
File: homocopypasta.png (106 KB, 576x774) Image search: [Google]
homocopypasta.png
106 KB, 576x774
I Fapped to this story and came a lot

With my squat plug in my buttt hehe
>>
>>37884345
Unless it's bad enough to affect your health, just learn to accept it.
>>
>>37886972
Start with high bar, but don't be disappointed, if you can't progress.

Low bar has more wiggle room for liftet weight.

But try them
>>
why is my bench lagging behind so much and what can I do to increase it? why does my squat and dead lift go up nearly every week but bench is so much slower?

bench 47.5kg 5x5
squat 92.5kg 5x5
deadlift 110kg 1x5
>>
>>37886972
If you are doing high bar squats, you're not doing SS.
>>
>>37886972
low bar will help you move more weight because it incorporates more muscles into the movement

it doesn't matter which one you do though as long as you pick one and do it properly

you may think you like high bar but is your form correct? are you bracing yourself properly? is your chest caving in instead of staying near upright? are you getting the proper ROM by going low enough?
what about your spine is it neutral? are your heels coming off the floor?

please focus on form the most rather than which squat is better
>>
>>37886950
sex is nonexistent.

Male, 6', 190lbs, last I checked I was 20% body fat. Taking creating before workouts.

Psh- Bench Press, Dumbbell Incline Press, Cable Flys, Fly Machine, Lateral Raises

Pull- Barbell Preacher Curl, Preacher Curl Machine, Bent over Rows, Face Pulls, Seated Rows, assisted Pull-up

Legs- Leg press, Hack Squat, Leg extensions, Calf Raises
>>
Is incline bb press, dips and flies enough for chest?
>>
>>37887013
Legs are strong and Shoulders are very mobile and weak.

Try to get a better form (Dave Tate).
Heavy Partials, Military Press, Band Pull-aparts between sets, Overheadsquats, Push Press, Shoulder and arm hypertrophy routines...

so many things you can do.
>>
File: shyvana's parents.png (674 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
shyvana's parents.png
674 KB, 1000x1000
>>37886993
>tfw porn doesn't get me off anymore but smut does
>>
>>37886948
Breakfast: banana, Soya milk coffee
Lunch: Salmon rice and brocolli
Dinner: -
Snacks: Whey protein shake, Orange, Tine in brine x2

Lots of water

I think I may be misreading the data, my goal is to eat 30%/20%/50% carbs/fats/protein. the data says im hit this already
>>
>>37885443
Melatonin of nothing else works , that shit knocks me out
>>
>>37887056

Shit routine, 2000c is a cutting diet.
>>
>>37887056
how is sex DRIVE?

Are you eating healty stuff, vegetables etc?

Sleep?

will look at your routine in a sec
>>
>>37887063
yes, put if they don't repond, try pull overs and tate Presses (squeeze press)
>>
>>37887096
sex DRIVE is nonexistent. I understood you. I don't give a fuck about sex anymore
>>
>>37886969
i hope you take liver supps faggot
>doing an extremely hepatoxic oral only cycle
never gonna make it
just pin some fucking test
>>
>>37887078
Oh, I thought you were going for specific weights of food.
If you're trying to keep things in proportion with eachother like that, then yes you need to eat in a balanced way to meet that goal.
If, for instance, your goal calorie count is 2000, you need to get 600 of it from carbs, 400 of it from fats, then 1000 of it from protein.
Understand?
>>
>>37887096
same guy. Diet:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal, protein shake, multivitamin

Snack:
Protein Bar at work

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich w/ avocado, tomato, peppers, and cheese. water

Post-gym:
Boiled Eggs, Grilled Chicken, Cheese

Dinner:
Usually Steamed Chicken or Fish, Broccoli, Rice

Only drink Tea and a gallon of water. Haven't had fast food in years
>>
>>37884607
EC stack is NOT a steroid like >>37885696
thinks. It's safe if you use it correctly, but the Doc told you not to use it because the combination is banned for sale (it can be dangerous and people have died because they took too much trying to lose weight more quickly). The Doc doesn't want to be held liable in the off-chance that something goes wrong.
>>
I'm heading to the gym later for the first time ever. Going to be going with the Starting Strength program.

Question: Do I need to do any warm-up sets? It's recommended in SS that for the first session you just lift the bar, but not sure about warm-ups.
>>
>>37887144
Fucking hell that turns into a lot of food for a cut, more than I ate before I started running. Yeah I get it now
>>
How much to deload?
I've been stuck at 1pl8 for like 2 weeks now (Lol) because I liked looking strong with a plate.
Was thinking of dropping back to 115/120

I'm on starting strength
>>
>>37887114
ok ma friend:

1. Sex drive is quite a sign of health in males (and to a degree in females)
Get a blood check, espacilly your T-Levels and your Vitamin D3.

You need some high cholesterol food in the evening ( 4 organic eggs are the cheapest solution)
Sunlight, Sauerkraut and Grass-fed Butter
or
Vitamin D3 and K2, Zinc, magnesium

A dark sleep room
(how is your sleep?)

2. What's your lifting goal? Stronger? more muscle? less fat? All of it? :D

>>37886846
hm, maybe see a chiropractian.

Do you had some injuries?

Oh, and get happier. Helps with life (from a dark place to another)

>>37887056
sets/reps?
put big movements first
and try to squat or Deadlift

How does your Bench Press feel? DO you have a video of it?

To sum up:
Go see a doc for blood.
Routine change (more big movements
More Testosterone food
Better sleep
Better social life
>>
>>37887260
yeah, try to deload to that and get a solid, slow form for your lift.

Or try heavy partials or holds to get your Body ready for this.

Do you have a sticking point in your lift?
>>
Anyone know roughly what DNP costs per gram?
>>
>>37887215
get your body moving. 5 min on a cardio machine (easy for a first timer)
>>
>>37886810
Sad cunt that gets laid on the regular. Which will hopefully increase your confidence enough to make you fix you life and stop being a sad cunt.
>>
>>37886531
Gyno is too much estro. Boosting test will make your body boost estro as a response, making the problem worse. Get on Clomid or something.
>>
>>37887263

>sex drive
I'll have some tests run but I've had my fill and feel it's overrated. Don't want kids.

>cholesterol
for sure I'll throw some eggs into my breakfast

>sleep
sleep is decent. always has been. 6-7 hours with no complaints; up by sunrise.

>lifting goal
I guess it's to have more strength and some definition but the more dramatic answer is to distract myself from life even only for a few hours. not gonna expand on that.

>sets/reps?
I'm usually aiming for 4 sets of 15. 1st set is low, 2nd/3rd are heavy, 4th is max, but 4th usually ends up being extremely low (muscle-lock by then)

no videos of bench. not gonna make one for anonymity. sry.

any recommendations for high test food?

thanks for your help
>>
>>37887312
But no need to do warm-up sets of the weights themselves?
>>
>>37887175
Hey.

Looks quite clean:

I would like more fat in there.
Cicken/fish Broccoli/Rice sounds like a Cutting diet to me.
More eggs, more red meat, more butter.

Throw the protein bar out and instaed try almonds and apples or something more healty

If you want to still keep it, try it around your Workout window.

What Multivitamin do you take? Maybe settle for more useful stuff.
Overall, what is your goal?
>>
I want to start lifting weights ASAP.
Decided to start with All Pro's routine and since I have no prior experience of lifting weights, I've tried to mimic the exercises. I have problems doing most of the exercises due to lack of mobility. What should I do ?
Should I start exercising but during exercises use only about half of movement range ?
Should I start with some kind of mobility program and then move to All Pro's ?
>>
>>37886343
So no gain in size? Probably an increase in neuromuscular junctions. The quick results will stagnate and you will get bigger muscles in the long run.
>>
>>37884321
How do i balance lifting and sporting events? I often find that i am fatigued from lifting the day before.

I play sports (competitive adult softball) 3-4 nights a week, which only leaves 3 nights of lifting and no time to rest.

Is my diet to blame? I drink tonnes of water, get my protein and sleep 7-9 hours a night.
>>
>>37886908
Be more specific on the twilight app, can't find it, only gay vampires
>>
>>37887402
they became bigger in size and when I flex them you can clearly see the muscles

I dont get how it was easy to grow them but lets say, chest and shoulders are hard
>>
>>37887386

>multivit
gnc' mega mens

>goal
see >>37887361
>>
>>37887361
eggs (also) in the evening, Testoserone is produced while youre sleeping.

Maybe try cross fit or running as a better distraction.

Maybe aim for 7:30 hrs of sleep.

Change your rep range

you're doing 45 reps before you try a max set.
and then you complain.

Try a different routine
and get less reps for your Main lifts. Assitance lifts, 4x15 is okay

maybe 5x5 by bill starr, or easy strength for getting freaking strong or staring strength

Rep range.
Change it.

Eggs, grass fed beef, oysters, butter, Dark,dark chocolate, shell fish.
You can also google.
Eat that stuff espacially in the evening before you go to sleep.

Try whole milk or full fat milk for your oatmeal as a quick change.
>>
Wide bench grip causes strain on my shoulders, narrow/medium gives me sharp shoulder pain.
Not sure what to do, I try to go with best form and least pain I can and later I feel some strain in my side delts, bit below shoulder on outside of my arm.
Any tips?
>>
>>37887429
andriod phone
play store
apps

or google "twilight app"
>>
Does sleeping on the floor helps with APT? I have a minor case of it and hope I can get rid of it.
>>
>>37887529
go neither wide nor narrow, also tuck/squeeze your shoulders/shoulderblades together back and then down. Make sure the bar is in line with your nipples

guaranteed you won't have problems on your shoulders, this applies to all the other chest exercises with barbell or dumbbell

source: countless form videos I've watched on youtube and by experimenting myself, had same problem now fixed.
>>
where to buy a reasonably priced but still good weightlifting belt?
>>
>>37887013
Bench has smaller muscles as primary movers and less muscle mass altogether than squat and Deadlift. You'll therefore struggle to make progress adding as much as you would to them. Try micro loading with a couple of pounds/ one kilo per workout .
>>
any online european shops you guys recommend for lifting stuff?

I'm looking for chalk and straps
>>
Do you guys wear running or athletic shoes when doing squats? I've just been wearing Vans and I'm not sure if its messing with my knees or if its just my routine stressing them (Reg Park so I'm squatting each workout)
>>
>>37887605
I know I'm going to progress slower in bench, but it seems my bench is far lower as a whole when looking at my other lifts. for example I know some people who squat 100kg and have 70+kg bench. what I mean is it just seems out of proportion to be closing in on 100kg squat and not even close to doing 60kg bench. oh well I'm gonna be watching some form videos tonight and think about changing my foot placement.
>>
>>37887581
I do man, I've watched the said videos too A LOT, also filmed myself and checked it and it seems right, I'll film myself again tonight.
>>
>>37887661
do shoulder dislocations, they're the best for shoulder health
>>
>>37884321
Tried adding some push press to my last gym session, and I felt a surprising amount of it coming from my back. Mid back/upper back, rather than lower back. Is that normal, or is my form off?
>>
>>37887646
Vans are gr8 for squats, don't use running shoes, and only althletic shoes if they're actually made for weight lifting. I usually wear vans or chuck taylars
>inb4 meme shoes
>>
Anyone here with weird feet? My right one is naturally angled more to the right than the left while the left one points straight. Also my right feet is a bit more behind the left one so they aren't completely paralel
this is the only way my knees are equal

any fix to this? squatting and deadlifting is awkward to get into a good position and I'm worried I might fuck up something

also is it bad for knee health?
I squatted 3pl8 like this for months before I had a motorcycle accident and never had pain or anything
>>
>>37887869
a bit try to get tight and concentrate on the leg drive.

But not that bad.
>>
>>37884321
I worked long hours last week and have some lower back pain. Should i wait it out or could I work on my core today?
>>
I do the routine there and it takes too long.
I wanna try doing it hiit style.
Anyone experienced here who can help me tweak it?
>>
>>37888067
Oops
Fitloop.co has the routines
>>
>>37884321
What's a good routine for someone starting the first time lifting?
For female, so i'd guess a lot of leg work? Goals is to fight celullite and all that stuff, and work the butt as well.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>37888120
Post a pic and ill recommend something
>>
>>37887391
BUMP
>>
File: mouthy_frog.gif (2 MB, 286x400) Image search: [Google]
mouthy_frog.gif
2 MB, 286x400
I know gyno is a common topic here but I'll keep it brief.

My gyno is fucking me up mentally, haven't taken my shirt off infront of another person since before I turned 16, 21 now. Can't go to the beach, can't go swimming, can't even wear white shirts because my gyno shows through.

However, I don't have any hardness or lumpiness beneath my breasts like other people report. Is that a sign of anything? I just read a post on BB.com that mentioned that if there's none of that hard, lumpy matter under your nipple (and absolutely no soreness apart from when I had some eczema on my left nipple), it might just be high bodyfat.

Could this be the case? I'll admit I'm not the skinniest person, but I'm not obese, although my fat sits in weird places (lots of it is on my backside which leads to some compliments on my bubble butt).

I'm in the process of losing allt his weight (pretty sure it's given me an eating disorder because I've had about 3 meals in the last week when prior to that I'd have 2 meals a day with loads of snacks between), going to the doctor is a last resort because it's going to take me weeks of psyching myself up to get over my anxiety.
>>
File: emi.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
emi.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
Just started the couch to 5k program thing and My right hip is killing me, during the run and all day after, will this go away by continuing running?
>>
File: 1465220900980.webm (829 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1465220900980.webm
829 KB, 400x400
>>37884321
Today I asked a PT help with squat form and he told me I should work on the rachis, dont remember the context.
cant find much online

I have flexibility problems while doing the squat.
>ankle
>hamstring
>iliopsoas
>calf
everywhere.
>>
>>37884321
A couple of months ago I hurt my calf after day of running (we had this 10-hour running thing at my uni). It felt like a small muscle tear and I favored the other leg and rested it and it was fine. 2 days ago I played a pretty intense match of soccer for 2 hours with my boys and a day later the pain was back in this exact spot. How can I avoid this in the future? Can I strengthen it? I don't want to avoid any heavy running forever because my calf might start to hurt.
>>
What's the best /fit/ phone app?
>>
>>37888628
the rachis is the fancy medical name for spine so maybe you was leaning too much forward
>>
File: 2016-07-11_14.05.26.jpg (37 KB, 650x834) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-11_14.05.26.jpg
37 KB, 650x834
What should I be doing from here /fit/?
>>
>>37888120
any help?
>>
>>37889031
Cut to 10% then lean bulk forever
>>
>>37888980
yeah I was leaning fwd.
I also already did squats for the day and my calfs/ ankles were pretty tight and the lowbar position didnt help
>>
>>37889052
not him btw

Is 10% that hard to achieve like people say? I mean, if you stay in a deficit won't you just lose fat still?

I've been cutting for quite some time because I bulked as skinny fat, lost 17kg and still it seems im like at 15-16% yet my weight seems to be the normal for my height
>>
File: wp_ss_20160710_0001.png (124 KB, 720x1177) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160710_0001.png
124 KB, 720x1177
Dis good for entering godlike ass mode?
>>
>>37889090
Yeah it's hard but once you get to it you finally accomplished something, just don't get too fat from there one and you're golden for a long time.
>>
>>37886799
That's what I thought. What would you consider "the majority of your diet"? I was planning on eating at most 2 cups of soybeans a day.
>>
File: ArmyAttempt5.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ArmyAttempt5.gif
1 MB, 400x300
just finished c25k. is there any legitimate reason for me to NOT do SS and then go on a nice, easy run?

I want to do spartan races.
>>
File: lbs-days.png (7 KB, 531x335) Image search: [Google]
lbs-days.png
7 KB, 531x335
At this point it is fair to assume that if I don't see a difference in the mirror, I basically fucked up and all of that was just muscle mass, right (even tho I had none to begin with).
>>
>>37889311
should have mentioned that I'm 5'10
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 637x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 637x392
What excersises can I make my gf do to give her dem hips? Please God help me /fit/
>>
>>37884976
Your form must be off. Do some more research. Make sure you know whether the author is talking about low bar or high bar squat before you take the advice into account.
>>
>>37886668
wear wrist wraps
>>
>>37886668
>>37889429
you know the old joke.

"a man goes to the doctor, and says, 'Doctor, it hurts when I do this.' the doctor says to him, 'so don't do that.' and sends him out."
>>
>>37886846
read the sticky

You're not eating enough, there's no reason to run before/after your workout, and your form is probably garbage too based on the information and lack of research you've demonstrated.
>>
>>37886934
Calorie count is way, way more important than your macros. You can absolutely eat too little on a cut, and 845 is way below anywhere you should be. Eat some more bro.
>>
>>37886972
It's good that you're doing your research. It's fine to switch at some point if you'd like, just make sure you are really nailing the form whichever you do. Inadvertently squatting low-bar style with the bar in high-bar position is not kind to the back.
>>
Why is taking casein before bed recommended if protein timing doesn't matter?

If I'm stalling 3x8-12 where I can do 12x one but only 8x with 2kg more weight should I drop back down and do the 12?should I do another set?
>>
>>37889451
this

I can't do skullcrushers or I get immense pain on my elbows
barbell curls hurt my wrist

so I don't do those, instead I do different exercises that target the same area
>>
Does doing the same amount of exercising spread out over the day give the same benefits? For example, is running a mile two times a day give the same benefits as running two miles once a day?
>>
i got my first ever lifting injury today, i hurt my lower back deadlifting 132.5kg and i'm not sure why it happened.

question is, am i a bitch?
>>
Really dumb question, but how do I go about shaving my pubes? I feel like cleaning up down there will make my body more decent nude but then the issue is do I shave part of the leg hairs or not? I feel like it would look weird if I was clean in the groin but hairy ass legs directly adjacent...
>>
>>37889592
i believe the only difference would be muscular endurance.
don't quote me on this tho
>>
File: XB3XfiRk_400x400.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
XB3XfiRk_400x400.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>37889052
Thank you anon

May brodin bless thee with gains for your kindness
>>
So this might be obvious but when you eat something that your body is much less calorie dense than its weight i.e. rice (2/3 water) then do you have to wait until you take a shit for the weight you don't use to leave your body or will you lose it through sweat and peeing?
>>
>>37884321
lifts are 145/225/225/285 (lbs, 5x5 modified SL). To me, it seems like Squats and DLs are lagging. Should I take it easy on upper body? or should I keep attemping PRs on all lifts?
>>
>>37884404
Alan Thrall on youtube
>>
>>37889821
the solution to something sucking isn't to make everything else suck equally

>>37889760
sure whatever go weigh your shit m8.

>>37889609
you must be hairy. shave everything or just trim pubes.

>>37889607
wat

are you asking if getting an injury makes you a bitch?

>>37889592
well if you're running for endurance, then it won't be. running 1 minute 10 times a day doesn't make you good at running for 10 minutes

if its for caloric burn then the difference is menial

>>37889498
>Why is taking casein before bed recommended if protein timing doesn't matter?
you answered your own question

it doesn't matter

>If I'm stalling 3x8-12 where I can do 12x one but only 8x with 2kg more weight should I drop back down and do the 12?should I do another set?
do the x8 though with the heavier weight.

don't expect to keep getting stronger doing 3x8-12 though

>>37889338
hip width is genetic

she can do squats, deadlifts and barbell thrusts for butt though.

>>37889187
>is there any legitimate reason for me to NOT do SS and then go on a nice, easy run?
no

>>37889311
you wouldn't have lost pure muscle mass, especially if you're working out.

if you see literally zero difference after 20lbs lost, either you were horrendously fat (which it doesn't sound like) or your scale is broken and you're not actually losing weight.
>>
How much should I be increasing my weight in deadlifts?

I assume since its using almost the entire body it should be a lot and not 5 lbs. but I want to be sure
>>
>>37889946
you replied to the other guy squats, deads and barbell thrusts give you ass
how come I do squats and deadlifts, can lift them heavy yet it seems my butt has lost size from behind?

My ass is bubble butt from side view but from behind seems kinda flat, it also as a not so pleasing shape like it's a square or something and it used to be better. it seems I lost size from this perspective and is flat-ish

>>37889949

2.5kg plates, if it starts to be too much it's 1.25kg
>>
Any routines to combine with sport training? Looking for something like the juggernaut method
>>
>>37889981
I second this question.

My ass looks awesome from the side, but looking directly from the back it looks kinda flat.

Also reposting a picture, since you ignored me first time:

Is this routine good for building a giant ass that will be mired by males and females alike?
>>
>>37890053
Sheiko
>>
There are times when im hungry on work days (M-F) but on weekends I struggle to eat enough food and am full all day long.

If im bulking should I just eat more when I go to work and eat less on weekends or just hit the same bulking macros everyday?

My job varies from moderately physical to very physical some days.
>>
>>37889946
>>If I'm stalling 3x8-12 where I can do 12x one but only 8x with 2kg more weight should I drop back down and do the 12?should I do another set?
>do the x8 though with the heavier weight.
>don't expect to keep getting stronger doing 3x8-12 though

Even if they are accessories? The compounds I'm doing x5
>>
File: Chia-Seeds-Hi-Res.jpg (53 KB, 600x343) Image search: [Google]
Chia-Seeds-Hi-Res.jpg
53 KB, 600x343
Does anyone eat chai seeds?

If you do, do you know if you have to chew them excessively to get their calorie intake or can you just shallow them whole?
>>
Can i be ripped if i can afford only 1 food time?
>>
>>37890206
I also dont train on Sundays so would that be another reason to take it easier on the calories?
>>
File: Literally_Googled_Strong_Legs.jpg (28 KB, 470x261) Image search: [Google]
Literally_Googled_Strong_Legs.jpg
28 KB, 470x261
So I've been on Stronglifts on and off for about 2 years (but when I say off, I mean OFF). Every lift is doing alright, but not great since I'm a recovering 6'4" 81kg skelly. My question is: I do the low bar squats every time like I'm supposed to, but I don't feel like I'm engaging the right muscles. It feels like I'm using pic related WAY more than my upper quad/hips/butt. I try not to lean forward and keep the weight in my heels, but even when I focus on that I still finish my set and have a burning sensation (not a good kind) in pic related. Anybody else have this/can give me advice?
>>
File: meal plan.png (11 KB, 621x743) Image search: [Google]
meal plan.png
11 KB, 621x743
when the fuck are you supposed to eat certain kinds of foods. Like i know you're supposed to eat carbs sooner than later, but is there a science to eating particular types of foods at the right times.
Also can somebody improve my meal plan?
>>
>>37890444

Assuming your form is allrite(which it prolly isn't) you need to squeeze your butt and quads when going up to engage all your muscles, if you don't then w/e it is you're engaging will overcompensate. End result should feel more like pushing away from ground than lifting weights up.

I'm kinda buzzed so I hope I make sense.
>>
>>37890540
Personally I try to spread out meals and snacks throughout the day with carbs, fats, and protein in each. Ultimately it doesnt really matter unless you are an elite physique competitor.
>>
>>37890679
Well besides post workout meal which is important at least
>>
Is butthole grease normal?

>go on vacation
>forgot to bring a washcloth or loofa
>just putting body wash on hands and cleaning body like that
>start to clean asshole and it feels a little greasy
>Attribute that feeling to soap
>rinse butt for several minutes, still feels greasy
>dry ass really well with towel and it goes away
>five minutes after getting dressed feel around my hole
>it's fucking greasy again, no shit or anything, just grease
>been going on for 3 days now
What the fuxk?
>>
>>37890672
That made perfect sense, thanks fampai, I'll try thinking about it that way next time.
>>
hey familia,
please bear with me on this one but what im about to post may sound slightly autistic,

everynight i go to sleep and before i go to sleep i do a ritual that is me going through a mental journey in my mind

in this journey i pretend or imagine my ex being captured by her current boyfriend and its my mission to save her.

for example yesterday i imagined my ex and i being assaulted and kidnapped by her current boyfriend and i was powerless to stop it. this imagination usually ends up with me pleading with him for a few minutes to set us free and he kills her most of the time and i go into a mental depression with a urge to get /fit/ and kill him and usually after years of training (in my imagination its probably like 2 minutes) i end up killing him and extracting revenge. but sometime he ends up trying to kill me and instead leaves me for dead and im actually alive. so i come back and kill him and take my ex girlfriend back.

quick question

am i autistic? im pretty normal except for this fucking ritual thing and ive been doing it for about 2-3 years.
>>
Flaxseed oil pills

y/n?
>>
If I'm just starting out should I be being accessories with 5x5? Can't really do chinups/pull ups which he says are more important than the other accessories.
>>
Ass to Grass, or parellel? Going for Ascethitics
>>
>>37890898
No not autistic at all. Definitely some kind of mental illness though. This would be pathetic but understandable if you had just broken up with her but 2-3 years of that is far from "pretty normal".

You should be speaking to a professional not us.
>>
my left leg is weaker than my right so i end up twisting one way when i squat. whats the quickest way to solve this.
>>
>>37890962
top of knee above hip crease at the very least, ATG will develop your hammy hams and glutes more than parallel.
>>
>>37884321
Can someone please get me the forearm exercises picture?
>>
Best ways to improve ankle mobility and expected time frame of said mobility?
>>
>>37887600
Inzer or EliteFTS
>>
>>37891088
Place toes on books, deep squat, and hold. Keep adding books as you get more flexible.

Olympic weight lifters have a better method involving resistance bands so might wanna peep that
>>
I read the sticky and I'm currently doing Rippetoe's Starting Strengh Revisited and the Couch to 5K program

Monday - Ripp
Tuesday - C to 5K
Wensaday - Ripp
and so on, I rest on Sundays.

Is this enough to make it?
>>
How much stalling is too much stalling? I'm on stronglifts and stalled twice on OHP now... same with bench... is this normal? I'm only a couple months in, and feel guilty as fuck when I miss reps.
>>
My grip strength is holding back my deadlift. Should I squeeze tennis balls or something?
>>
>>37891155
Thanks
>>
>>37891228
this

It starts to slip and I always make sure I clean my hands in the towel so I dont know, first two reps are ok then its hell
should I use straps? is there any difference between no straps and straps?
>>
File: squat-machine__oPt.jpg (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
squat-machine__oPt.jpg
23 KB, 450x450
Yay or nay?

Sticky says machines aren't that good but I was wondering if this is true even with this one.
>>
>>37891281
theyre the most useless piece of crap there is outside for one thing
a shrug exercise, you load it heavy, give your back to the bar and do the shrugs
>>
>>37884986
Just do deadlifts and see if anyone complains. As long as you aren't being overly loud I doubt anyone will bat an eye, and you won't be overly loud until the weight is too much to do anything more than control on the way down

As for a starting weight, I'd use at least 95. Form gets easier from 135 on, but if you're starting with the bar and working up on everything else, start with 95 and see how it feels. If it's too awkward/heavy and they have a rack, put the pins about where the bar would sit with a 45lb plate and use that to hone your form until you hit 1 plate.
>>
>>37891302
Fugg

Will I look dumb If I take a bar out to do squats even if the machines are there?
>>
>>37891322
>will I look dumb doing real squats?

Only if your gym is Planet Fitness
>>
I've watched like 4 videos and I still don't get power cleans. How do I transfer the energy of jumping to moving the bar to my clavicle without bending my arms?
>>
>>37891342
By jumping without leaving the ground.
>>
>>37891322
I do that

my gym has this kind of squat rack that also has the smith machine so you can use whichever you please and I use it for squatting, OHP and to put the rows when I rest so I dont pick it from the ground
>>
>>37891331
Fine, I hope I don't look to dumb doing 3x5 of squat when I only do 150lb. Maybe less now that I know the machine doesn't work.
>>
>>37884321
I got an erection when squatting today, I than felt extremely light headed after I finished my set.
This is the first time it's happened and I was pushing for a new pr. Would like it to not happen again as it was embarrassing walking around with a stiff at a full gym.
>>
How important is sleep in overall body composition?

How many hours per night?
>>
Why do people mix their protein drinks right before they drink them?

I always carry it to gym mixed with water already and after workout it tastes same.
>>
>>37886810
> Those contacts

I wanna fuck a bitch who wears those Jesus Christ
>>
Should I do keto or just regular deficit I have like 40 more pounds to lose and ive lost about 100 already
>>
>>37891721
preference probably. I do it because I don't want to risk spewing protein shake during my sets
>tfw weak stomach
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 630x420
Mother of 45 years of age has been lifting with her trainer now for 3 months and before that worked out on her own for 3 months. She today quit on her trainer because all he had her doing was basically maxing out ever other day when all she wanted to do was lose weight and keep small lean muscle. She's now back to do whatever she she thinks is right and I told her I wouldn't mind getting together a routine together. My question is can I jot down a major split for her with hi reps low weight and add some cardio to the thing? Or is there something else an older person she concentrate one?

>tl:dr Helping 45 year old with a routine. Any specifics or follow any split with a lot of cardio? Please advise me.
>>
>>37887391
Specifically what do you have issues with? It's pretty hard to fuck up a bench press or deadlift, squats are kinda hard tho
>>
What is the most reliable way to calculate my TDEE/BMR and how much above that should I eat to cut?

21 yrs/6'1/215
>>
Hello, I just finished my first workout in the SS program. I quickly discovered that my form was complete garbage and I wound up with disproportionate soreness throughout my body. Unfortunately, there wasn't a trainer available to teach me because it was late at night. I won't let this discourage me, but obviously I need to get a good form to prevent injuring myself. What's the best way to perfect form? It seems like just watching videos isn't enough. Also, common sense tells me hold off putting on more weights until I have a correct form, am I right on this?

Finally, should I do while I wait for someone to finish using the barbell/weights that I want to use? I kind of just stood there awkwardly. It just feels like I'm better off at least stretching, but I don't want to mess with the program.

Thank you so much in advance.
>>
>>37890898

I'm no doctor, but to me it seems like this is happening:

> something in your life caused severe abandonment issues. possibly a family death, or a breakup, etc
> you internalized it, blaming yourself
> this grew into crippling insecurities/self-hatred
> luckily for you, your brain found a way to cope with this
> you externalize these issues by personifying them as your ex's bf
> some part of you wants to get over them, so you symbolically get rid of your issues by killing him

sound relatively on the mark?

nonetheless, it is obvious something is deeply wrong, and I would suggest seeking behavioural (psych) help, because often these fantasies begin to stop releasing the stress as well.

at this point you would begin to try finding new ways to cope, and they could escalate into bad things.

TL;DR:
> Someone hurt you
> You are not equipped to deal with this hurt
> You should reach out and try to work through this hurt
seeking psych help doesn't mean you're bad or crazy, iirc almost 50% of people seek psych help at some point in their life.
>>
>>37884321
How do you guys get your ephedra/ephedrine and which is better for fat burning stack?
>>
File: 1461445131643.jpg (7 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
1461445131643.jpg
7 KB, 216x233
Took a vacation for a week and today I just got baack to the gym and now my lifts are shit tier, how long till i get my lifts back up?
>>
File: 30410.imgcache.jpg (714 KB, 1009x683) Image search: [Google]
30410.imgcache.jpg
714 KB, 1009x683
I see some people at gym doing few other exercises after getting exhausting on first one, but all of them seem to work out muscles in same area. For example, guy is working hands on some machine, then immediately after that does biceps curl.

What's the theory behind that? I always rest after exhaustion. Should I also push it harder with another exercise? How do I select this following exercise?

Thanks.

miku is mai waifu, suck it /fit/
>>
>>37891894
does your gym have random bars or pvc pipes laying around?

I practice form in the mirror with pvc pipes while I wait.
>>
How much protein per lbs to build muscle?
>>
>>37891931
just eat over 150g of protein a day then u will be fine
>>
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

could anybody rate this workout? i'm a beginner and have a pair of dumbbells + bench at home
>>
>>37891946
t-thanks.. not what i was asking for but i figured 0.75g/lbs would be enough according to research
>>
Trying to figure this one out for a while:

Been getting 150-200 g of protein a day mostly from supplements. <20 g of Carbs and taking coconut oil. All together I have about 1000 cal deficit. Can I still make gains or will the calorie deficit kill it?
>>
>>37891972
Aim for 6-8 reps on each exercise, even for abs, hold the dumbbell when doing a situp, add the weight if you go past 10 reps
>>
>>37891972
Monday
Dumbbell Squat 3 6-12
Dumbbell Bench Press 3 6-12
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 6-12
Standing Dumbbell Curl 3 6-12
Two Arm Seated Dumbbell Extension 3 6-12
Sit Up 3 10-25

Wednesday
Dumbbell Step Up 3 6-12
Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlift 3 6-12
Seated Dumbbell Press 3 6-12
Standing One Leg Dumbbell Calf Raise 3 10-20
Dumbbell Shrug 3 10-15
Dumbbell Side Bends 3 10-15

Friday
Dumbbell Lunge 3 6-12
Dumbbell Floor Press 3 6-12
Wide Grip Pull Up 3 6-12
Standing Hammer Curl 3 6-12
Lying Dumbbell Extension 3 6-12
Lying Floor Leg Raise 3 10-25
>>
File: transformation.jpg (42 KB, 699x549) Image search: [Google]
transformation.jpg
42 KB, 699x549
Help me /fit/

Sometimes I will crack my neck by grabbing one side of my head and pulling. Sometimes when it cracks I feel almost like a jolt of electricity going down my left side, and ending just where my left wrist meets my hand.

Is this bad? I know I should probably stop doing it but cracking my neck helps make it less stiff each morning.
>>
>>37891993
start eating meat and eggs and use supplements to fill in the holes not as a structure of your diet. And no you can't make gains on a caloric deficit.
>>
>>37892000
>>37892005
thanks. is this a decent workout though? i literally googled "dumbbell routine" and this was like the third result
>>
>>37892012
yes. that's a nerve. bad.
>>
>>37891993
very little gains.

>>37892000
nice trips!

>>37891228
chalk straps or mixed grip
>>
>>37892047
how much weight do you have available ? You can make some quick strength gains if you stick to lower reps and a proper diet.
>>
>>37892012
Don't know about that jolt you're feeling but instead of quickly cracking your neck you should thoroughly stretch it. Take a few minutes with each, side and side, start off by just doing slow circles with your head and then at the end grab the sides of your head and dont pull just give it some weight.
You have to take care of your body, anon. Pushing it and neglecting it doesn't make you a tough guy you're just being irresponsible.
>>
>>37891917
Go to your GP and tell him you'rea faggot- should improve v quickly
>>
>>37892063
>how much weight do you have available ?
up to 45lbs for each dumbbell
>>
>>37891925
I didn't see any lying around, but there could be. I wasn't particularly looking out for those. My gym is 24 Hour Fitness.
>>
File: 1465098220612.png (94 KB, 474x353) Image search: [Google]
1465098220612.png
94 KB, 474x353
>>37892086
Great advice you cancerous faggot
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.