[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a chest exercise I can do that won't guarantee my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: chest.jpg (268 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
chest.jpg
268 KB, 1536x1024
What is a chest exercise I can do that won't guarantee my shoulders to snap up like the Bench Press? Is there an alternative that is way safer on the shoulders than Bench snaps?
>>
>>37880728
weighted dips
>>
>>37880728
>giving up on benchū
>>
bench only snaps you up if you're retarded op
>>
>>37880728
>bench snaps
snap ur life pls
>>
>>37880728
Da big weights scurred me
>>
>>37880728
found the ego lifter
>>
>>37880728
Incline Bench has less risk for the shoulders if you are too lazy to work on your flat bench technique.
>>
>>37882104
This.
It also targets your upper chest which makes you have a better physique
>>
>>37880728
dumbbell floor press
>>
>>37880728

Lower the weight and practice your form. Look up forms videos on Youtube.

I deloaded and now use better form and I feel flat bench mostly in my pecs, although your triceps and shoulders (delts) will always play some part in it.

You can also try DB press. Weighted dips and incline DB presses are also great.
>>
>>37880728
Bench press wont snap your shit if you do correct form and weight.

Real snapper?
Flys, fuck fucking flys.
>>
File: 1297944796331.png (135 KB, 1032x1023) Image search: [Google]
1297944796331.png
135 KB, 1032x1023
How would you even snap your shoulders on bench?

Your arms can't go past your chest (the bar will be blocked by it), the lifting motion doesn't involve the back, even at extreme angles the full ROM is supported by the chest, and even at retarded 90° angles the brunt of the force is taken by your chest.

Unless you're benching 4pl8 when your 1RM is 1pl8 (and even then your biceps or chest would snap first) how the fuck are you able to snap your shoulders?
>>
>>37882151
This is a meme. You cannot do any kind of bench press without targeting all the fibers.
>>
>>37883577

But you can shift the emphasis somewhat, and close-grip incline has the highest activation of the clavicular head. How much actual growth difference that amounts to, who the fuck knows.
>>
>>37883532
You have to retract your shoulderblades during the whole movement, otherwise you bring your shoulders in a bad position at the bottom part of the lift.
>>
>>37880739
>Do not listen, this meme destroys your shoulder
>>
>>37880728
Don't bench with your elbows out at 90°.

Voila! I just solved your bench problem.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.