[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, bodyweight stuff is alright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 1466659535371.png (281 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1466659535371.png
281 KB, 640x360
Today is my rest day but I felt like doing something. Did 15 minutes HIIT of mountain climbers. It felt great. My heart rate was up there (135-165+ when I did a hard burst) and I was sweating good. I dont know why you guys hate this stuff.
>>
Because no gains
>>
>>37878586
Anyone that says bodyweight will give you no gains knows nothing about it.
It can be used for both gaining strength or just keeping your heart rate up like >>37878568 did.
>>
>>37878627
No gains
>>
>>37878708
Strong argument.
>>
>>37878764
Well I certainly do have strength because I don't do bodyweight
>>
>>37879102
Kek try to do a single bodyweight move that isnt for beginners. Then you will see how "strong" you are.
>>
File: ElmJZAw.png (129 KB, 186x264) Image search: [Google]
ElmJZAw.png
129 KB, 186x264
>>37879102
>why no, i don't do pushups. bodyweight is an inferior method to build strength. a man without a barbell is a warrior without a sword
>>
>>37879192
Rippetoe is like the ultimate barbell fedora slinger
>>
>>37878568
>I dont know why you guys hate this stuff.
Because it doesn't deliver MAXIMUM STRENGTH AND ASTHETIC GAINS AT THE MAXIMUM RATE THEREFORE IT IS NOT WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL!11!!!!1

You can absolutely make strength gains on a bodyweight routine. The thing is that you won't gain strength *as quickly* as you would if you were using weights. You will also not become *as strong* doing bodyweight as you would using weights.

You can still become very strong with a bodyweight routine. Combine it with a lot of cardio and its one of the best over-all health routines you can have since it makes you stronger, promotes cardiovascular health and is easy on your joints.

I also believe that everyone who is trying to become fit should try a bodyweight routine before stepping foot in a gym. If you can't stick to the bodyweight stuff (push-ups, chin-ups, planks, etc.) then you definitely won't stick to any weight regime. So, you won't have wasted your money on a gym membership.
>>
>Cutting

I only do HIIT on the 6th day. Weights for the first 5 days. Feels great but nooby gains are better.
>>
Conditioning is great but most of us have different goals. I'd rather actually get stronger so I need a linear progression.
>>
>>37878586
Moar memes pls
>>
>>37878568
because bodyweight only gets you to a certain point. what's the bodyweight equivalent for a 4pl8 deadlift? There is none.
>>
File: pistol_squat.jpg (82 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
pistol_squat.jpg
82 KB, 960x639
Pistol squats are an excellent exercise, great for strength, balance, and mobility.
If your muscles are too tight and imbalanced to go down to the ground with one leg, you should re-evaluate your priorities
>>
>>37880397
Im assuming by that you mean a slightly advanced lift/move
Obviously theres no actual chart for this or anything but i would go with a ring muscle up or maybe a planche
>>37879966
As mentioned before you can get strength gains with bodyweight. Theres more to bodyweight than mountain climbers and push ups.
>>
>>37880670
i mean just the sheer amount of weight that is. i'm by no means denying that you can get fit with bodyweight, but you will always be able to be more muscular with weights.
>>
>>37880773
You are right. And if that is your goal that is fine.
But with bodyweight you can gain an insane amount of relative strength. Just look at what gymnasts do and how jacked they are.
And even though i dont lift weights much girls and normies still think i do because to them it all looks the same. Yeah if you wanna be a bodybuilder or a powerlifter then doing bodyweight is just stupid but if you wanna attract girls its more than enough
>>>>>>>>lifting for girls
>>
>>37880809
i hear you. i do some bodyweight just because it's great for core strength and the added endurance is nice.
>>
>>37878568
How can people look at gymnasts and still say you cant make gains with bodyweight?
>>
Does anyone have a bodyweight program for me? Rural fag, 20km from any kind of gym
>>
>>37882969
Pirate Convict Conditioning 2
>>
>>37883021
>Pirate Convict Conditioning 2
spasibs
>>
>>37883021
Thanks famalam
>>
>>37880870

Gymnasts hit the gym too for weight lifting.

"Consistent, special strength training is necessary for the best possible
performance in gymnastics.

One of the most important insights of modern training is that a highly developed level of
strength cannot be maintained even by intensive performance of the event itself (Bührle and
Werner, 1984). "

From: https://www.usagym.org/pages/home/publications/technique/1996/8/strength.pdf
>>
>>37883144
uhm no they dont, at most they do low weight stuff for joint prehab. they dont do bench deadlift squat ohp rows
>>
>>37882969

"You Are Your Own Gym"

ebook is available through a variety of sources. The app is $5 and well worth it for the timers/counters, routine tracking, and video demonstrations (optional for no additional charge. Plus, the video is downloaded to the device if your internet is shitty or limited it's not an issue.)
>>
>>37878568
HIIT is pretty amazing. Done it twice per week since November of 2014. Feels fucking amazing when you finish the workout, pretty much the best feeling in the world.
>>
>>37880397
What's the weightlifting equivilant of a starfish?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.