[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He has a shitload of clickbait title vids but I've watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 166x249) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 166x249
He has a shitload of clickbait title vids but I've watched a few of them and they seem really legit. Does this guy know what he is talking about?
>>pic related jeff cavalier athlean x creator and former mets physical coach
>>
>>37878430
I wouldn't trust it.

>"CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT 5 EXERCISES THAT ARE BREAKING UR SPINE"
type shit is a no-go for me
>>
>>37878430
knows what he's talking about but some of his meme exercises while they probably work are kind of pointless for 99% of people
>>
I trust this dude more than any other youtube fitness guru. He's a professional physical therapist who works for the NY Mets. He knows his shit better than fake nattys like scooby and whatnot.
>>
>>37878430
whoever is working for him. is still using the old school clickbait
but his info has helped me while being injured
>>
One of THE guys in YT fitness. I don't care about clickbait if the content is legit, it's just comes with the market.
>>
>>37878430

A lot of what he says works for me, especially the glute/tfl rolling and lacrosse ball shit is A+++. Some minor lifts are also helpful like doing pec work underhand grip and squeezing the abs in instead of down

Most of his videos could be summarized by a 30 sec clip tho, but at least on lots of videos he gives a text summary so you can skip through the boring shit
>>
THE SHILLING IS STRONG IN THIS THREAD
>>
File: 1468006936559.jpg (74 KB, 928x731) Image search: [Google]
1468006936559.jpg
74 KB, 928x731
>>37878868
this
>>
>>37878868
Nice shitpost dyel why dont you try to answer the post
>>
>>37878430
How good were the Mets when he coached? Therin lies the answer
>>
He's knows what he's talking about but he just says the same things over and over again and does a lot of meme exercises.
>>
So you guys believe him saying you can bulk without a surplus is accurate?
>>
>>37878430
he's clickbait but he works in the field so he has more credibility than most
>>
>>37879305
this

his advice on form is really good, tho
>>
>>37879474
What do I type in to find this vid
>>
>>37879679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE
I wonder if anyone has done this and made progress , cause i'm pretty skeptical about it
>>
>>37879031
MORE
>>
>>37879771
of course you can build muscle without a surplus:
the only requirement is that you are either chubby or skinny fat beforehand; which the large majority of his audience is
>>
most of his videos have click bait titles, and a lot of them are longer than they need to be

that being said, his content is legit

and click bait titles gets views so i can see why he does that

also i believe he is natty, that in conjunction with his legit content makes him someone worth watching if you want and/or aspire to
>>
>>37879830
That's not his point tho, he's saying bulking and cutting is bs and that gaining muscle without a surplus is possible no matter if you're chubby or not, and that's probably correct for beginners but I wonder if it goes the same for people who have already been lifting, and if it wouldn't take way too much time that it just becomes pointless to not take a 300 cal surplus instead
>>
>>37879281
But he wasnt like the coach that substituted players and made calls i think he was just in charge of their conditioning and havent the mets always sucked? (Not a big bb follower)
>>
>>37880154
He's also saying you can build muscle with a caloric deficit, so not even maitenance, has anyone done that? Without being chubby/a beginner?
>>
>>37878430
He knows what he's talking about when it comes to biology. I especially like the vids where he uses markers to show the functions of certain muscles. However, I wouldn't follow his workout plans because they focus on training "like an athlete" so they custom ones are sometimes based on explosivity when bodybuilding is more about controlling the motion.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.