[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
redpill me on dried fruits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: nuts-fruit-bowl.jpg (50 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
nuts-fruit-bowl.jpg
50 KB, 600x399
redpill me on dried fruits
>>
Dried mangoes/raisins are gr8 m8
>>
>>37877761
balls of sugar.
>>
>>37877761
They need to be activated
>>
>>37877761
Fuck tons of sodium
>>
Too easy to over eat, unless you don't have issues with that. Which you probably do. Stick to whole fresh fruit or frozen.
>>
>>37877761
> not as filling as fruit
> all the calories

Great for bulking, horrible for cutting,
>>
>>37877846
>Too easy to over eat
and the overload of fiber might turn you into a bloated fart factory
>>
Advanced glycation end-products [AGEs]are highest in dates.

Raisins have too much fructose, which only your liver can breakdown.

Prunes are excellent for Iron and minerals, and the sugar stays in the cellulose for slow digestion.

Pinapple, Mango and the like have bromeline and papain, which breaks up long protein chains for more efficient utilization.

Any of the berries are going to be awesome for phyto, anti-oxidation.

Dried cranberries always have sugar added, avoid.

Banana chips are high AGEs but potassium rich. Better to eat fresh.

Seek Organic, avoid added sugar, excessive processing.

Freeze-dried raspberries from Trader Joe's are awesome.

Watch out for nuts, roasted is bad, molds common. Forget peanuts ever existed [omega 6 will mess you up] and afla-toxin molds.

Eat them as a separate snack, don't mix with your main fats and proteins if possible. You get better nutrient absorption that way.
>>
>>37880014
This, apart from the nuts thing
>>
>>37880014
When I was cutting, I loved to eat pistachios a lot.
>>
>>37880043

Pistachios are excellent nutritionally, but inevitably roasted, with mold issues almost universal. If you have a tree in the back yard and shell them yourself, that would be best.

Young people <30 can eat toxic waste and barely notice it, but if you are doing 100% and not getting good results, it's time to eliminate those things that can hold you back.
>>
>>37877761

Pros: relatively healthy, mobile, non-perishable
Cons: expensive

Taste tiers imo:

GOAT

>Dates
>Mango

Bretty Good

>Cherries
>Prunes
>Banana

Meh

>Raisins
>Cranberries

Peasant

>Papaya
>Pineapple

Meme

>Apples
>Apricots
>Figs
>>
>>37880014

>Advanced glycation end-products [AGEs]are highest in dates.

According to this, dates are actually very low in AGEs

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3704564/table/T1/

Dried figs are surprisingly high compared to most fruits, but they're anti-oxidant rich anyway. And bacon is fucking horrible, holy shit.
>>
>>37879833
>overload of fibre
pretty ridiculous thing to say considering how fibre deficient westerners are
>>
>>37880014
nigga knows his shit for the most part
>>
>>37881866
That's why you reintroduce it slowly.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.