[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smoothie thread I recently bought a blender to make smoothies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: healthy-fruit-smoothie.jpg (2 MB, 5616x3744) Image search: [Google]
healthy-fruit-smoothie.jpg
2 MB, 5616x3744
Smoothie thread

I recently bought a blender to make smoothies for bulking at home. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for decent combos so I can hit my protein goals and get a decent calorie intake boost at the same time.

I saw a thread a few weeks ago where everyone was posting smoothie recipes, that put the idea into my head, but I forgot to pin it.

So any suggestions would be awesome
>>
got one for bulking

250ml milk
60g peanut butter
50g oats
100g vanilla ice cream
1 banana
1 tbsp olive oil
10g honey

should be 1000-1400 calories, lots of protein & crabs, I take two a day
>>
>>37876309
Isn't ice cream really bad for you, with all the sugar?
>>
>>37876344
yes probably
>>
>>37876344
The unhealthy part of ice cream is the massive amount of fucking fat, not the sugar. Sugar is not unhealthy. Replace the ice cream with refined sugar or more honey and you're better off.
>>
Guys, how the fuck do i stop my blended oats in my shake to be clumped up at the bottom
>>
>>37876606
incase you're too stupid to realize it, this is bait

also saged
>>
>>37876786
get a better blender.
>>
>>37876309
Try almond milk instead of cows milk.
More protein, and is really good in smoothies, especially with peanut butter.
>>
>>37876170
If you want a fruit one
4-6 strawberries
handful of blueberries
handful of raspberries
half cup of orange juice
scoop of protein powder
bit of honey

just keep it simple
>>
>>37876170
cup of ice
half cup mixed strawberries
half cup frozen mango & pineapple
half cup milk
half cup of unsweetened orange juice
2 scoops of vanilla whey
>>
>>37876786
>
put them in at the end on top then one final blitz
>>
>>37876874
It's not bait you fucking retard, are you too dumb to look at the nutrition label and do math? Ice cream is 50% calories from dairy fat. Fucking idiots on this board.
>>
OP here's all you need to add to smoothies. Alter the amounts depending on how much you want to bulk (read the nutrition facts idiot)

Milk (regular cow, almond, soy, whatever kind)
Peanut Butter
Oats (I use quick oats because they are smaller and softer and go down easily)
Fruit
Greek Yogurt (this stuff has 20 grams of protein per cup
Protein powder if you want I guess

You can also add in some sweetener if you want, I use a few packets of splenda

It's easy to make smoothies, they are basically just like stuff you would put in oatmeal
>>
>>37877146
are YOU retarded? dairy fat is much better for you than refined sugars. more filing and won't spike your insulin and result in a sugar crash
>>
1 cup soy milk
1 scoop protein
2 Tbsp Peanut butter
1 tsp organic cocoa powder
1 banana

Around 40g protein and 500 calories
shits dope.
>>
>>37877146

A person will lose more weight and be healthier giving up refined sugar over fat. Yes, fats should from a healthy source and ice cream isn't that great of a source, but it's better than sugar or some kind of fake sugar laden sherbet shit.
>>
File: 1463657689069.jpg (17 KB, 255x252) Image search: [Google]
1463657689069.jpg
17 KB, 255x252
>>37877187
Wow, I wasn't aware the level of retardation on this board is so much worse than what the memes say. American teenagers discussing nutrition, beyond hilarious
>>
>>37876606
>>37876309
you should really, really substitute yogurt for ice cream

just add in some sweetener like splenda or equal for sweetness
>>
>>37877230
whatever you say frogposter fag
>>
>>37877220
I love how you just pull shit out of your ass, even though there are controlled high-quality studies that disprove the garbage you spout. If you simply tell fatties to reduce fat intake, they start losing weight immediately without counting calories. If you tell them to reduce sugar, nothing happens except that they get more fucking diabetic from upping their fat intake to make up for the sugar calories.

>healthier giving up refined sugar over fat
This is just fucking hilarious since high-fat diets induce prediabetes in obese subjects within 3 weeks even while losing weight, whereas sugar improves insulin sensitivity.
>>
>>37876786
Simple trick: blend the oats up first on there own into a powder, add water or milk, blend again for one minute. Now add your fruit and whatever else - the shake will have no clumps.
>>
>>37876606
>>37877146
try harder
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.