[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are deadstop dead lifts a meme? they're literally 5x harder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: pepe_disappointed.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepe_disappointed.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
Are deadstop dead lifts a meme?

they're literally 5x harder than touch n go
>>
>>37875908
If by meme you mean a lot more beneficial then yes
Also pls show your working as to how you reached the number 5
>>
>>37876089
they're just hard af in general

I can barely rep 215 with them
>>
>>37876448
It's DEADlift. Rip says to not bounce because you're getting rid of the most essential part of the deadlift
>>
>>37875908
um anon I thought touch and go was cheating
>>
File: Welford_Road_Cemetery_wide_view.jpg (3 MB, 4611x2649) Image search: [Google]
Welford_Road_Cemetery_wide_view.jpg
3 MB, 4611x2649
>Work at graveyard as groundman
>Go to my shed to lift some weights on my break
>Do some deadlifts
>Go outside
>Realise I just raised the dead
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 383x504
>>37876112
>>
Kinda related.
I havet a really hard time getting getting my core tensed up good while deadlifting unless I breathe in at the top.
As an example
>Tense core at top, drop the bar all they way down (not bouncing), lift it
Ez
>Let bar down, take a new breath, tense core, lift,
Hard as fuck, can't lift close as much and as comfortably.

I know I'm a retard at explaining but any tip?
>>
>>37876737

you're supposed to pause and reset your form, so the tip is to lift less but have better form throughout the entire exercise and then lift more the next time you're in the gym.

I don't trust touch and go because at heavier weight you will undoubtedly break form dropping the weight down.
>>
They are literally called deadlift because you lift the weight from a dead position.

But if you feel better doing bouncelifts then go for it.
>>
>>37876761
Yeah I know I'm not supposed to, it's just that it makes it so much easier for me. Even If I completely let the tension in the bar go (while still bracing).

T think my issue is just that I can't brace properly while bent over.

Guess I'll just have to de-load a bit and work on bracing somehow
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.