[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal Trainers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Hey /fit/ newbie here looking for enlightment on PT's. Is it really a fitness meme?

Is it worth it? I'm a newbie with a lot of motivation but little to no knowledge.. i feel very intimidated and i shy away from the weights because everyone there is an asparing Schwazneggar and I'm skeleton mode.

I feel i don't progress a lot and a PT might put me on the right track.

Also i have read a LOT of fitness 'conspiracy theories' on PT's about how they take you on the longest possible progress plan so they can milk your money for as long as they can..

Is it true? Should i get one?
>>
>>37871446
Knowledge is power. Most of us, and actually most successful bodybuilders, had no help whatsoever.

Read, talk with other people, and get informed. Apply what you learn to yourself, and one day you might make it.
It's not easy, but it's not meant to be easy.
>>
>>37871465
Thanks.

I'm taking that as a no?
>>
>>37871517
It's a "it's not worth it unless you find a really great trainer, have the money, and need an extra push to keep a proper workout routine in the long run".
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 1105x1473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 1105x1473
>be squatting
>140 lbs girl trying to deadlift next to me
>2pl8 o shit
>looks like snap city, form is fucked
>PT standing next to her saying nothing, and afterwards is like "that was good"
Pissed me off so much, she is really gonna hurt herself and this fuck is a """trainer"""
>>
I learned from a strength and conditioning coach. Hire someone who looks like an ox. You want muscle mountain to show you how to lift, not some lanklet or woman.

In the meantime you can lsarn ALL you need by buying the NEW ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MODERN BODYBUILDING by Arnold.

700 pages of lifts, exercises, diet tips, splits, tips and whatnot.

It is the best book on weightlifting bar none.
>>
>>37872197
kek fuck off m8
arnold was the biggest bro scientist to walk the planet
do you think that new more about weightlifting and nutrition 35 years ago than right now?
don't buy that shit
>>
>>37872206
>do you think that new
do you think they knew
>>
>>37872197
>You want muscle mountain to show you how to lift, not some lanklet or woman.

kek.
I see a lot of out-of-shape PT's in my gym and i do question myself 'well, if he/she don't have it together, how are they teaching this?'
>>
>>37871446
it's a hit and miss really. it both is a meme and isn't because if you work with a cool knowledgeable guy who's done what you're trying to do you are gonna move faster than you would have alone and learn valuable lessons. you may very well, however, get an asshole trainer who's inconsiderate, bad at teaching, lacks an understanding of what he preaches.
>>
>>37871446
Personal trainer here

Not worth it, but read actual books. Read starting strength, then do starting strength. Or ICF. Or whatever. Just pick a beginner program, read starting strength, and spend time talking to people around your gym. Ask for form checks, spots, etc. ask the big guys. That's the best way to learn, after all.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.