[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i do a full body routine every single day? Some say you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: regpark.png (295 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
regpark.png
295 KB, 1178x679
Can i do a full body routine every single day?

Some say you should not do heavy compound lifts two days in a row,
but i feel like i could do A and B workouts 3 times a week each with 1 rest day a week.

Pic related, it's my current routine.
>>
do it and see if you're progressing at a satisfactionary rate. when you hit the wall itll be a signal to change something
>>
shameless self bump
>>
if you don't want to progress, yes
>>
>>37872106
what do you mean
>>
>>37872579
You will overreach and your lifts will drop.

People confuse overreaching for overtraining, but overtraining is hard to achieve. Overreaching (where accumulative muscle fatigue renders your muscles too weak to produce enough of a training stressor to progressively overload the muscle, and thus induce an adaptive response resulting in increased strength and muscle growth)

That being said, old timey bodybuilders would do 3-6 days of fullbody per week, but they would only train strength on one or two of those days. Using babyweights the other days.

I feel this is suboptimal as well, for a similar reason, but this argument is less cut and dry.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eT7-AhYgSWs

For best results, actually follow the novice program, instead of changing the frequency
>>
>>37872619
so what exactly is the difference between overreaching and overtraining? i didn't quite get it

i go hard on my workouts but still have enough energy left, i really feel like i can do this workout every day. or at least 5 times a week.
but 3 times a week is not enough at all.
>>
File: MRV.png (152 KB, 580x588) Image search: [Google]
MRV.png
152 KB, 580x588
>>37872930
Mike Israetel explains this quite well with his maximum recoverable volume (MRV) concept.

Suppose that there's a maximum amount of volume you can do in a given week. Overreaching is when you deliberately go slightly over this maximum. This helps to force your body to adapt and grow, and will contribute to your long term progress.

Overtraining occurs when you SIGNIFICANTLY exceed this maximum, deliberately or otherwise. This can lead to real damage and dramatically increase risk of injury. In this state you will also be so fatigued that your performance in training will decrease a lot.

The concern here is that by doing the routine you would double your weekly training volume very sharply. You might not have the capacity to recover from it all and jump very deeply into a very overreached/overtrained state.

The takeaway from this is that if you are making progress on your lifts and you're enjoying the routine, don't change anything. There's no need to put your progress at risk. Only if progress stops happening should you think about doing more volume to drive more adaptation
>>
>>37873952

so i'll stick to 3 times a week then and just add an arm day.

thanks for your advice, that explained a lot.
>>
>>37871049

if youre a beginner, which i know you are, you shouldnt be doing a full body rutine.

less frequency is needed when youre a beginner -----> more frequentcy is need when youre close to your genetic limit ie. advanced
>>
File: nig 2.jpg (11 KB, 251x257) Image search: [Google]
nig 2.jpg
11 KB, 251x257
>>37874204

>if youre a beginner you shouldnt be doing a full body rutine.
>>
>>37874321

full body rutines for beginners are pointless.

newbies dont need frequency to adapt. all the studies show that frequency needs increase with experience.

full body programs should be utilized and leveraged when they're needed, which is not in the beginning of an atjhlete's career.
>>
Not OP but I have similar questions about a full body routine, recently I started just doing the 4 main compound lifts and pullups 5x5 AxAxAxx. Will this see me through to 1/2/3/4 okay? Will I regret ditching isolations altogether? Is this a retarded idea? I've been lifting for about a year but lost strength after totalling my back a few months ago and transitioning into a deep cut (~800 cal deficit) from that.
If I've read the thread correctly this won't be a problem until I stop being able to progress on my lifts, at which point I should switch into a more spaced out program?
>>
Not OP but thanks guys for the advice.

My gym partner has been making me do Arnold's blueprint routine which is a 6 days a week routine. Going to tell him to fuck the right off next time I see him because I'm only a beginner.

Just going to stick to 3 / 4 times a week. Thanks again guys.
>>
>>37875477

you sound like the typical eternal beginner. if you havent made 1/2/3 after a year, maybe not a 400 DL, then you'll make it.

there's obviously a bigger issue at play than what program to do. this is the case with practically everyoe on /fit. programs arent important. everything works. it's a matter of actually just doing it.
>>
>>37871049
A few can. Most can't. Give it a try and see if you overtrain. Then you'll know.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.