[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motivation for Beginners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 9am+lecture_b30c5a_5838827.jpg (59 KB, 750x671) Image search: [Google]
9am+lecture_b30c5a_5838827.jpg
59 KB, 750x671
How did you do it? How did you wish you did it? Discuss...
Bonus: You don't go to the gym
>>
>>37870669
make a little visible progress

seeing yourself make progress in a hobby is great encouragement
>>
Imagine yourself starting something, not doing it or finishing it and most of all don't imagine the desired result

Also if something takes less than two minutes do it now. Everything can be divided into smaller processes/jobs so you can apply this rule to more complicated work.
>>
I did it by finally jumping on a strength routine, currently sitting at 90kg, 6'2, 15% bf

Wish I didn't fuck around switching out my routine literally every 2 weeks because the current one would bore me
>>
>>37870673
My problem is always that i cant get myself to do something without seeing that something progress immediately, one reason why i enjoy wood/metal work so much, i can see the thing im making take shape. Also as soon a i pause or have to wait for "e.g. glue to dry" i loose motivation. How fix? Pls?
>>
File: Untitled.png (841 KB, 690x788) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
841 KB, 690x788
>>37870703
OP here again, 93kg, 6'5 myself. I'm "fit" but not rly getting anywhere with myself.
>>
bump mc' bump
>>
>>37870669
find a workout you enjoy
then enjoy doing it
if you truly enjoy it, you need no motivation beyond that
>>
Find a 6.5/10+ qt, try lifting until she is attracted to you.
>>
>>37870669
It's pretty easy. Just fall in love and get abandoned.
>>
>>37871263
>>37871273
Haha chicks aint the drive here, just self pity
>>
>>37870669
It took me being so disgusted with myself and my body to make a change. Then when i started seeing progress I got addicted to it. You gotta hit rock bottom before you can really make a lifestyle change
>>
Saw a picture of a qt, want to be able to attract someone like that instead of the girls I normally get with. That and having a disgusting skinnyfat body are what get me in the gym.
>>
>>37870669
Motivation is based on emotions and emotions are unstable. Just form habits. Don't go to the gym because you want to go to the gym, go to the gym because it's monday, wednesday, or friday, and on those days you go to the gym. Working out still feels great, but you don't rely on your emotions to do it.
If for some reason you can't join a gym or something, put a pullup bar on your bedroom door, and a sticky note in the kitchen, and every time you pass either you have to do x amount of pullups/pushups respectively.
>>
Just fucking do it, and stop making excuses.

Don't think about next week, next month, next year. Think about tomorrow. Keep thinking about tomorrow each day.

Next thing you'll know, it's already been two weeks.
>>
Don't stop lifting! Many people stop before they have even made visible progress, but after making progress you can't stop.
>>
>>37872446
I can approve that. When I first started jogging, I was very dependent on my emotions till I got used to it and made jogging a habit. You turn your habit into your method of stress relief and to control your emotions. Just keep at it, it takes some time. Habits start to turn into habits after 90+ days
>>
>>37870802
If that's you you're not /fit/
>>
>>37870669
That amazing feeling when you set a new PR or accidentally stumble across an old picture and see how much youve changed. Sure you dont notice daily change but if you look at the big picture, the progress is an amazing feeling.

Also it helps if you genuinely enjoy lifting weights. It's something I look forward to because I legitimately find lifting weights to be fun, as do many others on this site.

If you find yourself having to force yourself to be motivated to lift, then you either need to find a hobby that more interests you (and keeps you in shape) or get addicted to it. No point in forcing yourself to do something you dont like when there's other options out there for fitness (i.e climbing, biking, swimming, etc). If you want to look fucking jacked, then use that as motivation. Never forget your goals.
>>
File: 4L_7bTkusZw.jpg (23 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
4L_7bTkusZw.jpg
23 KB, 384x384
>>37870669
motivation should be seeing your shit physique in your dirty ass mirror
>>
>>37870669
Well I'm homeless so I started going because I needed a place to shower and groom myself
>>
>>37875260
I've just found out about zyzz recently and it really motivated me and encouraged me to make it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.