[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever seen a thin person wearing one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Have you ever seen a thin person wearing one of these?
>>
Never seen anyone wear one of those. I haven't seen a in a week. I crave human touch.
>>
well i wear one exactly in the colour too
>>
Skelly here, I have one to track my heartbeat when running.
>>
>>37868071
Just a qtddiot but how important is tracking heart rate for running? As a measure of intensity only? I mean how useful is knowing your current heart rate while you run?
>>
>>37868020
Yeah, a really hot, thin girl I know wears one. She got it from work for one of those social club competitions though.
>>
File: cardio-zones-chart.jpg (49 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
cardio-zones-chart.jpg
49 KB, 700x468
>>37868786
It helps you pace yourself better. Not necessary for casual jogging or cycling but if you're serious about training it can help you figure out how hard you should be going depending on your goals.

As a bonus it's fun to see your resting heart rate decrease as you get more in shape.
>>
>>37868833
Saved.
Thanks for the chart, I've always ran based on distance and time never heart rate, will try this out.
>>
>>37868020
yes, they were all from South Africa
apparently they get a discount on health insurance if they are active enough
>>
>>37868020
Yes, I'm wearing one to make sure I eat enough calories. Same goes for the GF.
>>
>>37868020
Yes my neighbor.
>>
>>37868833
This. If you're getting serious about running then they're a godsend. I have a Polar m400 and you can set it to beep if your heart rate is getting too much. The graphs and shit you get after your runs on your phone are extremely interesting too. You can see a map of where you've ran, how long it took you per k, the elevation, minutes/k, heart rate at any point in the run and measure them against each other. You can use them to set interval timers too, custom workouts that take like five minutes to set up and save. The GPS is far more accurate than on your phone too, which can be off a k by about 50m give or take with each run with the exact same route.
Not shilling the m400 here, but they seem FAR more useful than any of the fitbits I've seen and they're actually on the cheaper end of the spectrum when it comes to GPS running watches, so I could imagine the others being far more useful and accurate.
>>
>>37868020

I know a fit girl who bought one, but it told her she had cycled 3 miles when she hadnt even touched a bike and climbed like 100 steps when she had just gotten dressed, drove to work and walked into the building so she stopped wearing it

it was a luxury one that looked like a normal bracelet so she spent like £400 on it as well
>>
My mom wears one and she is pretty thin

5'6'' and <115 lbs
>>
>>37871852
Tell us more about her
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.