[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious thread /fit/, how do we eliminate the obesity problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 8
Serious thread
/fit/, how do we eliminate the obesity problem?
If you had proper authority, how would you go about eliminating obesity and how would you handle childhood obesity?
>>
Anybody with over 30 BMI gets to eat for free.

The catch is that you're banned from all hospitals as well.

Problem fixed.
>>
You would have make driving and desk work less passive. Cars are default for america and reconsidering that is a structural fix.
>>
>>37865048
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ3JAk
The hero we need
>>
>>37865102
>Nurses have low obesity rates

Really? I always see fat nurses in hospitals and nursing homes.
>>
>>37865118
Wrong video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-DDbXh1MYc
This is the one where he completely decimates the interviewer
>>
File: WTF.jpg (66 KB, 494x384) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
66 KB, 494x384
>>37865009
Lots of public works projects.

Increase taxes on rich, fast food and soda purchases, obviously. Use money for tangible stuff like:

More parks in low income areas, possibly including durable, free cardio equipment like stationary cycles and elipticals.

Try to affect culture in such a way that desiring self improvement is seen as highly admirable, maybe through media manipulation jew tactics.

End food deserts in my country, institute community gardens in areas that were formerly food deserts to encourage a lifelong love of fresh veggies. Federally supported green grocers selling low cost fruit and vegetables all over the place, especially in former food deserts.

EBT can now get you the most calories per dollar at a green grocer, you cannot buy unhealthy garbage with EBT

Federally funded weight loss programs- like community health workers that go from community center to community center teaching spinning classes, cardio classes, taking people on jogs, answering questions about nutrition. Find a way to make these classes seem like a sort of civic duty, or a way to meet cool new people with similar interests.

Mandatory physical education in public schools, more structured than "just having fun," teach valuable skills like planning workouts, reaching target heart rates, putting together healthy meals.

and then a lot of analysts to figure out what strategies work and what don't, try to improve the programs and lower their costs while maximizing benefits until everyone in my land is as healthy as possible or until the sun explodes.
>>
>>37865126
It's padded with other professions, EMTs are also ample.
>>
>>37865126
you probably saw CNAs actually
>>
>>37865126

Thats just because there are a lot of fat people. Just because its on the low end doesn't mean that 1 in 5 medical workers aren't obese.

Hell Nurses might even be more fat than listed because Physicians, Dentists, EMTs and Nurses is a pretty huge pool of subjects to take an average from.

As for the actual question, there just needs to be a cultural shift. We're too inattentive to buy adult food, were too sensitive to properly ostracize the obese, and too complacent to learn proper, healthy habits.
>>
TAX FAT PEOPLE
THE FATTER YOU ARE THE BIGGER THE TAX TILL YOU LOSE THAT FUCKING WEIGHT

If not then more and serious PE classes at school with solid nutrition advice.
>>
>>37865267
my freshman pe class was a joke.
>everyone done stretching?
>ok lets go play niggerball
>>
>>37865102
>Athletes under lowest

Ya think?
>>
>>37865267
Right because the poorer people are the healthier they live.

You're just going to cause moderately overweight people to get even fatter, not to mention culturally isolate them. Why would a hated, overtaxed, angry landwhale give a single fuck about improving themselves.
>>
>>37865267
How about only bigger taxed on food
>>
>>37865131
>all restaurant food is bad for you
wat? does he mean fast food chains when he says restaurant? fucking nobody in europe would address fucking mcdonalds as a restaurant.
I'm not into transatlantic internet dick measuring fights but this time - what the fuck, america?
>>
>>37865009

you just need a good team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bfmq7leZdk
>>
>>37865009
5'10

180 pounds 13% bodyfat

>overweight

ayy lmao
>>
>>37865273
This so much
If you played a sport you were excused from PE, but my PE experience was always
>let's play dodgeball
>or basketball
>or just walk around
no one took any of it seriously, might as well not have a PE class at all and just add in another study hall.
All it did was make us super sweaty and go back to class.
>>
>>37865009

first we need to be better at measuring it. willing to wager nearly every single dude who has been lifting for a year would be labeled 'obese' based on BMI (which is what these faggoty statistics are using) regardless of body fat %.

we all know an obese person when we see them, but how do you quantify that? bmi works for women and bernie supporters, but for anyone who has done a bit of physical activity it's useless.
>>
Ban oil, butter, cheese, cream, chips, fries, cookies, cakes, donuts, burgers, chocolate, any meat product with more than 5% fat, and any other high-fat food.
Problem solved
>>
>>37865340
Look around you. Do you really think the statistics are thrown off because of jacked people? Nah man, most people are fat as fuck. No man should be above 15% bodyfat really, 20% absolute max.
>>
175 8% bodyfat. Feels gud.
>>
>>37865340
well its measured because usually people who care about these things look fat
>>
>>37865302
In the US, legally speaking, a restaurant is any establishment that serves food.
>Department of Health and Human Services], restaurant means “a facility that prepares and sells food directly to consumers for immediate consumption
http://definitions.uslegal.com/r/restaurant/

Legally, McDonalds is a restaurant.
>>
>>37865102
its kinda funny that the low obesity jobs are usually the more higher IQ ones, the only odd one out is the engineer one though. The rest fall just fine in line with the low IQ professions.
>>
>>37865009

First step is to stop subsidizing sugar, meat, and cheese
>>
>>37865366
skelington or below 5'8"?
>>
File: file.jpg (39 KB, 456x810) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
39 KB, 456x810
>>37865009
Just let natural selection do its job
>>
>>37865420
Nah, I'm 6'1 otter.
>>
>>37865360
dude, not even jacked. not even close. *ANY* amount of muscle on a male would tip him into overweight or obese.

And again, it's obvious when someone is fat. That's not the problem. the problem is using something like BMI and trying to judge population-wide fitness levels. And then going a step further, and making policy decisions based on those stats.
>>
>>37865425
Feels bad though, used to be 190 then I fucked myself up. 200 is the goal for the end of the year.
>>
>>37865390
>economists, psychologists, artists, actors, athletes, reporters, bartenders, waiters, janitors, maids, landscapers, cooks
>high IQ

actually
>more higher
yeah
>>
File: 054.png (203 KB, 396x458) Image search: [Google]
054.png
203 KB, 396x458
>>37865421
>>
>>37865430
Into overweight maybe, obese, nah. You'd have to be jacked or strongfat emphasis on fat.
>>
>>37865102
Jesus Christ, all the emergency services are fat as fuck, how is that allowed? What if someone dies because you're a fat fuck?
>>
>>37865009

That pic is dumb as fuck, the author should've read the sticky.
>>
>>37865454
lol, none of those jobs require an IQ except being a physician, dentist, scientist and economist. The rest are cucktier.
>>
>>37865102

>police and firefighters grouped together

I see fat cops all the time but are firefighters really that fat? They have to be strong and fit to carry people from buildings and stuff
>>
>>37865430
>the problem is using something like BMI and trying to judge population-wide fitness levels

That's pretty much the only thing BMI is actually good for, dude. Yeah, BMI is gonna say you're overweight if you've got any noticeable amount of muscle on you, but the vast majority of people don't. It's not about you, it's about the population. Most of the population in the overweight+ categories of BMI are actually fat. It makes sense to base policies off of that. The problem is using BMI to judge individuals. That's when it breaks down.
>>
>>37865461
Well, I'm 5'11 200 pounds and just shy of visible abs with a BMI of 27.9.

I barely look like I lift.

5'11 215 would be over 30 (obese)

It's not that much of a stretch desu!
>>
Education, raising awareness of obesity-related conditions and keeping all the HAES idiots away from young, impressionable people
>>
>>37865541
You probably look fat as fuck, post a pic
>>
>>37865541
You said any muscles. In real life and not /fit/ body dysmorphia land being lean and 200 lbs is pretty fucking huge. Barely any muscles is the guy that is physically active or works out twice a week.

215 lean at 5'11 would be huge and accounts for a tiny fraction of lifters.
>>
Health education
consider HAES tumblarinas terrorists
increased taxes on junk food (freedom to enjoy, fucking merica after all)

that's about it really
>>
>>37865522
And for normies BMI still returns more false positive (skinny fat) than false negatives (fitshaming)
>>
I consider myself in decent /fit/ @ 6'3" and 190# BMI is 23.7 however...
>>
File: overweightfatty.jpg (31 KB, 472x398) Image search: [Google]
overweightfatty.jpg
31 KB, 472x398
>>37865573

there ya go.
>>
dat gut doe
>>
>>37865609
You're barely in overweight bmi. By the time you cut your fat a bit you'll likely be in the healthy range.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
>>
>>37865131
>those hostesses

B R E H S
R
E
H
S
>>
>>37865009

Remove federal corn subsidies. The reason junk food is so cheap is because the price of corn is pushed artificially low. Removing the subsidy would force the food industry get rid of half that shit. It would also give the farmers the incentive to grow healthier fruits and veggies on their land instead which will lower prices on produce and help remove food deserts.

Raise the gasoline tax by several dollars and plow the money into public transit, bike lanes, and urban renovations to make society more walkable.
>>
>>37865421
>tossing the salad bar
>>
>>37865102
Why are economists and such so thin, other than wealth and education? I've noticed investment bankers tend to be leaner than average, even though they work 80+ hours a week. Could it be all the cocaine?
>>
>>37865359
>vegans actually think sugars and simple carbs aren't responsible for obesity
>>
>>37866264
It's called being an endomorph.

Plus, if you're talking about BB investment bankers, they mostly exercise or play a sport (otherwise they're at a disadvantage for hiring) and they don't hire anyone that doesn't look good (sell-side/IB is client HEAVY, just like banker chicks' assess after four years. Cellulite is like none other).
>>
>>37865009
Japan, until last year, had the metabo law. Basically people got their waist measured and if it was over the government mandated limit their city and employers got fined.

So it was down to the city and employer to ensure people weren't hambeasts.

Otherwise tax the fuck out of shitty food as is done with tobacco and booze.
>>
>>37866492
Metabo law only required measurement of waistline. There were no fees or penalties involved.
>>
>>37866516
Wrong.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/metabolaw.asp
>>
>>37865009
All schools should have a mandatory cooking/nutrition class for elementary school to high school. In my country Nip-land had that class at least 4-5 times a week. I think that's one reason why Japan don't have obesity problems. But the problem is, we eat too much salt lelel
>>
>>37865126
Nurse here. Lots of fatties in the profession. Doctors are all super thin tho, in my experience. No time to eat lol.
>>
>>37866533
Home ec is a fucking joke, at least in chuugako. The final exam for ninensei was literally to peel an apple.
>>
>>37866264
Cocaine. Wolf of Wall Street is a documentary.
>>
>>37865102
>>37865517
>obesity defined as BMI of 30 or above
>>
>>37866672
BMI conforms and is acceptable as a snapshot.
>>
>>37865009
This is simple. I would force everybody to lift. If people who are "obese" now still ate copious amounts of food but lifted while doing so, at the worst they would be 25-26% bodyfat monsters with tons of muscle and strength they could use to easily lose fat at any time now that their TDEE is 3500 calories
>>
>>37866718
Yeah, well obviously the workers who have a lot more active jobs are more likely to fit into the 'high bmi low body fat' area.

BMI is the worst idea ever. It's only useful for people who don't lift or exercise at all.
>>
>>37866718

that 35,5 BMI guy at 12% BF is fucking yuuugee
>>
>>37865297
landwhales are angry and hated already. Might as well.

Just lock everyone with a BMI of over 40 up in a closed mental ward, only three low cal meals a day, until they're human again.
>>
>>37865359
Keto masterrace reporting in. It's carbs that create landwhales, not meat and butter.
Fuck you, banana girl cuck.
>>
>>37866923
taxing doesn't solve smokers, but being pricks/social sanctions does. That is what should be copied, not the regressive taxing of the poors.
>>
>>37866935
how do you explain banana girl tho
>>
>>37866939
Fucking aye. Public mockery will put an end to obesity. Instead of this PC, beautiful at any size bullshit.
>>
>>37865517
I've heard that a lot of (especially part time) firefighters tend to get real fat real quick because it's easy to slip into bad habits. It's not like a normal 9-5 job, you have to go to the firehouse on call for like 3 days at a time, whenever you're needed. If you get into bad habits of eating shit food and being sedentiary the whole time like playing video games it's super easy to become obese. Plus the fact that firefighters lift heavy shit and tend to get chronic pain from that, that causes them to exercises less and a high stress job which leads people to eat more. Just easy to get fat if you aren't ontop of it all the time.
>>
WWIII will solve obesity

Everyone fit will die and the obese will starve.
>>
>>37865131
10/10 blonde on the right at 1:30
>>
>>37866399

Half the shit he listed was simple carbs
>>
>>37866945
She's batshit insane. Conclusion: if carbs don't make you fat, they'll make you crazy.
>>
>>37866935

>thinks only one thing could contribute to obesity
>uses the phrase "carbs" ambiguously like lentils and berries are what's making people fat
>thinks America's cheese obsession isn't a major contributor to the obesity epidemic
>>
>>37866152
kek
>>
Yeah they exist. Tend to be charge nurses or old-timers who have more administrative work and don't move as much.

Overall tho its more good than bad.

Physical Therapists tho... hold me brehs...

>Medical Technician in Yay Area
>>
>>37866762

except look at the graph ...

don't just knee jerk reply without reading information.

i don't understand people like you.

that graph DIRECTLY contradicts your reply and is actually quantitative versus your fucking anecdotal argument.

lifting weights is not going to let you be < 20% bodyfat in obese category.

you're going to find at BEST you'll be <20% and in the low-middle overweight category if you lift weights for a few years.
>>
>>37865267
>>37865273
>>37865329

Man, I feel bad for you guys that had shitty gym classes growing up. I didn't get a taste of poor PE until I moved to a school with very shitty funding. At my first school we did everything. Archery, weight lifting, football, soccer, basketball, tennis, kickball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse. You name it, we did it. Co-ed, too, and the girls actually tried because they wanted to impress the boys.

Then I moved to a normal school. Stretching, some sit ups and pushups and basketball was pretty much all we did. Sex segregated, too. It sucked. No one had any motivation and mostly just walked in circles around the gym.

>>37865126
>>37866547

My boyfriend has diabetes (type 1, so calm your tits, everyone), and I went with him to an appointment one day because he was late to picking me up from the gym and didn't have time to drop me off at home. All the nurses and assistants, the front desk ladies and the janitors were all massive. I mean, I thought I was fat, but God Damn. I was about to tell him he needs to find a new clinic when the doctor and a medical student came in. I heaved a huge sigh of relief, as they were both slender and the doctor even seemed to have a little bit of muscle.

I couldn't believe how many fat people were working in a clinic geared toward the care of those with diabetes. Work close to your source of insulin, I guess.

>>37866098
I agree with the first paragraph, for the most part. I am, unfortunately, a bleeding heart liberal, and do take some issue with just forcing things. That said, these shit companies need their lobbying power taken away so we can get their shit food pyramids out of our schools. I say increase food stamp funding, but limit what people can buy. No junk, no soda, not even sugary juices.

As for the second part, I agree that we need more room to walk and run and bike, but fucking with the price of gas that much would put a lot of people out of jobs.
>>
>>37867836

doctors ain't got time to be fat bro, they don't got time to eat.

everyone other than the consultant is working 14 hours a day at 6 days a week with the 7th day on call.
>>
Increase premiums, co pays, by a certain amount or percent for every ten pounds a person is overweight.

You can be fat but it's going to cost you.

This however can be levied if house actively working toward dropping rate. You'll get kicked down a level or two and weigh in every 4 weeks if you meet the weight lose goal you get lowered even more, if not you get kicked back up to more payment.
>>
>>37866945
She's full of shit and has been caught multiple times chowing down on burgers etc.
>>
>>37868170

Post the evidence
>>
>>37867836
>I say increase food stamp funding
When you grow up and start paying taxes, you'll grow out of this bleeding heart bullshit.
>>
>>37865009
Team up with /pol and eliminate all the degenerates (like fats).

But seriously, lol to all the people suggesting the government do things. The government created this problem by giving these people an environment to feel complacent enough to feel comfortable letting their own health go.
Self sufficiency, depending only on yourself to get healthy, is the only thing that will get these fat fucking morons to change.
>>
>>37868238
This.

The whole "don't let them buy junk food with food stamps" means every grocery store clerk and gas station clerk will have to know the food stamp system to not allow these fucking idiots to buy shit with their "free" money. Also, so many fucking loopholes, good luck changing that you government trusting, blind, fucking idiots. Go get a job at a grocery store or gas station and have fun seeing the food stamp system, and your wonderful government, in action.

REEEEEEEE
>>
>>37866935
Shut up you mong, fuel in vs fuel out has been proven. I am under 10% bf and I eat carbs all day and at any time. Mong.
>>
>>37867521

ketotards are as bad as vegantards, the idea they both take shots at eachother is hilarious as they're viewed as equally delusion to a sane moderate.

> muh only eat this
>>
>>37868287
>they're viewed as equally delusion to a sane moderate

I think a sane moderate wouldn't really care what other people eat.
>>
>>37868287
I really want to try being both for a while, just to see if it's possible and what it does. I mean, it wouldn't really screw up my lifts if I get the right amount of calories, it would just be disgusting but who knows I might turn into an Aryan superman or some sort of next level human.
>>
>>37868267
Since when did you care about the welfare of gas station clerks?
>>
>>37868331

.. i mean .. what?

you typed a sentence and it's words, but it makes very little sense in the context of reality.
>>
>>37868344

i mean i've tried simply for experiences sake most diets at one point for a new perspective/take.

low carb/no carb/high fat/IF/carb cycling.

i never went fully veg/vegan w/e but I did go on a very high vegetable diet for awhile, which featured some fish/chicken as protein.

and I've also been extremely busy at work before and eaten nothing but vending machine food for days.

ultimately, there is very minor differences between all of them re:fat loss. calories was ALWAYS the best predictor not macro composition.

low carb/nocarb is by far the most miserable though, without a doubt.

talking total cognitive shutdown.
>>
>>37868238
Maybe one day, but not today. I do have a job and pay taxes, but my view is as it is because of my experiences. Perhaps later in life I will have a different experience and my views will change. Until then, you could share your viewpoint, if you'd like.

>>37868267
I worked at a Wal-Mart unloading trucks for a while. Our food came in with two different numbers. One indicated snacks, and another indicated actual food. Perhaps the system that handles the register could be modified to tell the difference between these two things, and could inform the cashier to make this process easier.
>>
>>37868287

>equally delusional

Not when it comes to diet. A vegan diet conforms well to mainstream eating advice. Keto diets are like the opposite of what any expert would agree is good.
>>
>>37868429

removing all animal products from your meals is borderline eating disorder.
>>
>>37868565

Sure, but it really isn't much different from how you're supposed to eat anyway. The majority of your diet should be "vegan."
>>
>>37868606

vegan and vegetable aren't interchangeable words, you know that .. right?
>>
>>37868625

But you understand that vegetables are vegan, right?
>>
>>37868661

>veggies
>starch and sugar

>explain why protein is important, why fat isn't the devil and how to completely ignore any nutritional advice

Back to the low carb forums with you.
>>
>>37868680

let me help you.

vegan
a person who does not eat or use animal products.
"a vegan diet"

again, vegan doesn't mean vegetable or only eats vegetables.

your semantics are wrong, stop trying to double down.
>>
>>37868721

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. A "vegan" diet is very similar to mainstream diet advice and is accepted as being healthy. A keto diet is practically the opposite. You could hate both equally for other reasons but it makes no sense to say they're both equally delusional as diets.
>>
>>37868764

>carbs = pastries and pasta

Speaking of education.
>>
>>37868745

.. what.

how have we come full circle again

i cant .. i mean .. what?

veganism = our diet is best we don't eat this entire foodgroup and we cure cancer and we prevent cvd and we keep you fit/healthy

keto = our diet is best we don't eat this entire foodgroup and we cure cancer and we prevent cvd and we keep you fit and healthy.

yes VERY different.
>>
>Deleted the wrong fucking post

>>37868713

I knew someone would say something like this after I re-read what I had wrote. Anyway.

Eat all the carbs you want. I'm not some retarded keto shill; but I'm also not going to pretend it isn't easier to eat 500 calories of pastry or pasta than it is 500 calories of turkey or what-the-fuck-ever-else.

You're not going to convince people to go out and eat a bunch of kale and broccoli. People chew on carrots or load up on potatoes and wonder why they aren't making any progress.

Again, it's education. Explain how carbs work. If you're about to go hiking or some shit, eat all the spaghetti you want. If you're about to go to sleep, maybe don't.

>>37868772

Oh, I really can't wait for you to elaborate on that. What do you think most pastas are made from?
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2775761/

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=anti%20obesity%20ad&sm=1

State funded anti obesity ads, better health education in schools

Also mandatory warning labels on foods high in sugar but I'm not a fan of that kind of nanny state bullshit
>>
>>37868776

Like I said, the difference is the vegan diet is in line with what any nutrition expert would tell you to eat. "We cure cancer and prevent CVD" are somewhat supportable claims. Keto is just pure stupidity. If you eat a healthy diet, a vegan plate would look similar to your own plate, minus a 3oz piece of chicken breast. A keto plate would look nothing like it.
>>
>>37868815

except that's not at all what I'm saying, you're disregarding my point and just steamrolling your point of

> b-bbut its more in line with modern diet advice

despite me outlining why veganism is as delusional in 2 posts now.

how old are you?
>>
>>37868784

>What do you think most pastas are made from?

Missed the point. If pastries and pasta are the first thing to come to mind when you think carbs, you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>37868836

>two of them say their diets are healthy, so they're the same thing and both are equally crazy

Does it not matter that at least one of them can somewhat support their claims? What you're arguing is false equivalence. It's like saying

>some people say the mediterranean diet is good for you and some people say the candy and chocolate diet is good for you
>they're equally delusional
>>
>>37868840

... why .. pastas are the thing I would say 90% of people think of when they hear the word carb.

because pastas are almost exclusively carbs with small amounts of protein.
>>
>>37868866

now you're just manipulating my point to make it easier to argue, that's not what I said at all.

:\

again, how old are you?

because I get the vibe I'm arguing with a high schooler and if so it's pointless for me to bother.
>>
>>37868840

My, aren't we emotional today.

Are you talking about sugars? I think by this point, we, that is, our society has largely recognized the "dangers of sugars". There are still a lot of problems like people not understanding that fruit juice isn't a whole lot better than pop; but that's again, something that can be cured by education. Teach people to read the labels, that sugars hide in basically everything. Do the same for salt while you're at it.

I pick on pasta a lot because in my anecdotal experience, a lot of people will refuse a can of pop because it's a pile of refined sugar and empty carbs, but have no problem eating a plate of alfredo. There's an ignorance to what foods are comprised of, overall. I never meant to imply that we only educate on one very narrow aspect of nutrition.
>>
>>37868885

What was your point then if I'm misrepresenting it?
>>
>>37868897

you're selectively removing words from what I wrote verbatim, and adding in your own words to make your argument easier to make.

then you're attempting to find equivalence in a balanced diet e.g. the Mediterranean diet which features protein/carbs/fats when originally we were talking about hardline diets such as veganism and keto which are intrinsically unbalanced.

your only point is that veganism is more in line with traditional diet advice

technically, keto is actually recommended by the AMA while veganism is not .. so technically keto is more in line with traditional medical advice than veganism.

ultimately you've disregarded my points and tried to inject your own.
>>
>>37865517
All the firefighters I know are jacked. When they're on call, they mostly play football and lift weights together.
>>
>>37868930

I'm honestly not trying to change your point, I just don't understand what your point is if it's not to say that vegans and ketos both make health claims about their diet and that this makes them equally delusional in your eyes.

>then you're attempting to find equivalence in a balanced diet e.g. the Mediterranean diet which features protein/carbs/fats when originally we were talking about hardline diets such as veganism and keto which are intrinsically unbalanced.

I don't understand this point either. Vegan diets don't contain protein, fat, and carbs? We already agreed that they're similar to traditional diet advice, and since they are I don't see how you could say it's equally as delusional as keto.

>technically, keto is actually recommended by the AMA while veganism is not .. so technically keto is more in line with traditional medical advice than veganism.

Source on that? The American Dietetic Association has put out a statement saying vegan diets are healthy and have health benefits but I've never heard of anything like that for keto diets.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
>>
>>37865009
It's the fault of the Allies. Their politics allow all kind of lobbyists. The Axis should have won.
>>
File: 1460490025115.jpg (19 KB, 254x246) Image search: [Google]
1460490025115.jpg
19 KB, 254x246
You can't make other people get thin.

Best you can do is fix yourself.

Once you've done that, encourage it in the people you care about.

And hope it spreads.

The momentary pleasure of eating like shit overrides the long term pleasure of feeling better because they don't know, or remember/appreciate, what its like to be fit. Getting fat doesn't happen overnight, and neither does losing it.
>>
>>37869014
>You can't make other people get thin.
Sneak laxatives into all their food.
>>
>>37868986

No longer replying after this post, this is getting tedious as fuck as you're not making any progress so it's not worth the time.

> Vegan diets don't contain protein, fat, and carbs

Article 1: >>37868565

Article 2: >>37868776

The issue with removing an entire food group that earns VEGANISM and KETO the title "delusional" from my initial point.

You reply: >>37868429

Note, we're already seeing you deviate from my point.

I reply: >>37868565

I bring you back on to my point and argument. At this point, my stance is very clear & obvious.

De-rails into semantics where you think vegan = vegetables, will skip this.

You post: >>37868745

Vegan is close to mainstream diet advice so they're different.

I reply: >>37868776

It doesn't matter, both diets refuse to eat any entire food group, both have absurd health claims, both are as bad/delusional as each other.

Cue this back and forth ad nauseum.

> I'm honestly not trying to change your point, I just don't understand what your point is if it's not to say that vegans and ketos both make health claims about their diet and that this makes them equally delusional in your eyes.

You don't understand my point because you're not reading my point, and you've failed to address my points even once. Again, you're just steamrolling your singular point over and over despite me trying to refocus you.

> Source on that? The American Dietetic Association has put out a statement saying vegan diets are healthy and have health benefits but I've never heard of anything like that for keto diets.

Ketogenic diet is prescribed for: epilepsy, diabetes (pre and intra), and weight loss.

Note: PRESCRIBED, not recommended, prescribed.

Additionally, your study is not on vegan diets.

Goodbye.
>>
>>37869100

>The issue with removing an entire food group that earns VEGANISM and KETO the title "delusional" from my initial point.

That makes no sense though. Why not even attempt to quantify it and judge it by what exactly is being removed and retained? Candy/sweets are a food group too but I don't think you'd say you'd be delusional to not include that food group in your diet. As I said, the vegan diet is still basically the core diet you'd be recommended by any nutritionist. A keto diet is a bunch of foods you'd be told to not eat and excludes most things you'd be told to eat more of.

>Ketogenic diet is prescribed for: epilepsy, diabetes (pre and intra), and weight loss.

So then not recommended by the AMA. Maybe you're mistaking the opinion of the American Medical Association with a 3rd party study published in their journal, with no relation to the AMA themselves.

>Additionally, your study is not on vegan diets.

It's not a study, it's a position statement by the ADA that reviews data, and is about, in part, vegan diets.
>>
These two faggots arguing about veganism ruined this thread.

Good job queers
>>
>>37865174
Anon makes america great again
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.